State of Origin - Game 2 - Post Match Discussion

No changes apart from Hodges in for Nielson. It's a no-brainer. The players there did the job in game 1 so they can do it again. And FFS Harrison has been a very solid and consistent performer since 2008 and was one of our best in game 1.

I could maybe entertain the thought of Dallas Johnson in for Thaiday, but I'd rather not. I'd rather see this team bounce back and take the series (apart from Nielson).

Oh and how about the carry on from the commentators about Luke Lewis's tackle on Cronk after the Lockyer break, hailing it as an outstanding try-saving tackle. Idiots, there were about 5 Blues defenders there it wasn't a try saving tackle FFS. All the commentators were painful tonight. So glad I will be at Suncorp for game 3 and won't have to listen to them.

The NSW'kers deserved the win without a doubt, but if Inglis had grabbed that ball instead of the knock on that led to NSW's final try, the series would've been over by now, because no one would've caught him. That's how close it was!

The refs were crap as usual, but for both sides, and weren't the reason we lost. That Gallen high shot on Inglis should've been addressed though, didn't look like an accident to me, as Gallen even jumped to reach that high.

Pretty much agree with the general train of thought... Needs more Hodgo and less Nielsen! He was definitely the weak link in attack as well as in defense, and well identified by Stuart who directed a lot of traffic there. With Hodges back on board, Yow Yeh will be much better too, although I can't really fault him tonight.

I think our forwards thought it would be easy to punch through the middle and their performance was definitely under par. Second row was weak at best and I agree that Parker brings more than Harrison, although the latter doesn't deserve to be dropped, but I would bring Shillo in if fit and showing some form.
Poor game from our fab 4. Cam Smith and Locky were okay, Thurston was MIA 2 as someone said and what the hell was Slater doing on the Lewis try? [eusa_doh

Hopefully Inglis will be better in game 3 too.

All in all, the cockroaches played really well, close to their best (Gallen and Lewis were fantastic) and we were pretty insipid, one of the worst games (if not the worst) from QLD i've seen since 2006, so I am confident we'll smash them back to earth in 3 weeks time at Suncorp.

Man, only just got home. Got to Central at 11:20 to find the next train departing for Newcastle wasn't till 1:45! [icon_lol1.

Very disappointed with last night's performance. It was just terrible.

Only change I would make is having Hodges come back into the team. There was absolutely no threat from our right side all night.

The decider should be a belter.

Coxy said:
Sam had a shocker, but I noticed on just about every play, Nielsen was in line with Thaiday, so Lockyer had no choice but to go flat to Sam, putting him under pressure. Nielsen seems to have poor awareness and positioning. Hodges back will make a MASSIVE difference on that side, making it a Locky-Thaiday-Hodges-Yow Yeh combination.

Real ordinary awareness. A few times a guy would cut in front of him and rather than drop under he'd hold an overs (running toward sideline) line and have no space.

Would kill for a ticket to Suncorp so I don't have to listen to the shithouse commentary.

If it wasn't for the fucking delay you get with digital TV I'd have the ABC radio commentary while watching.

Hodgo in for Nielsen is the only change i'd be making.

We can improve a lot on last nights performance, and I expect us too.

Mal now knows how NSW are going to play with the selections they made, so we have the advantage of now being able to tweak our game plan for the decider.

Game 3 should be a ripper :)

I can't understand the attack on Harrison. For mine he was one of Qld's best. 46 tackles, 11 hit ups and made some important tackles. He looked good in attack. WTF?

The Nielsen - Yow Yeh side is brittle and needs to be looked at. Nielsen is not an Origin centre but who else is there till Hodges returns, if he returns.

Slater was mia far too often, probably cos Thurston & Lockyer didn't adapt to the pressure put on them.

Aside from Hodges in, all that needs to change is a fresh game plan. NSW will stick to their simple formula and I doubt they have anything more to offer, whereas Qld has massive improvement in them.

If they lift for Locky's last game at least, Qld by 12.

langer77 said:
How good is Gal
Immeasurably.

The game went much as I expected:
Taylor went missing when it counts.
Gringles looked like a fat kid who's grouchy because his mum didn't buy him a cheeseburger for breakfast.
Slater looked like a gay jockey.
Ennis was an idiot.
Paul Gallen continues to be the Aryan Superman.

Very entertaining match, game 3 should be awesome.

Bring on game 3

was gaz playing last night lol

G.I drop a few balls billy had a good game he tried sam had a barry

But gal is a superman week in and week out he makes meters easy

NSW were good. About time.

The ref's were crap as usual. The ref's are crap every game, every week so no surprises there. I think Archer + Hayne should be the refs.

Can't understand why Locky continuously went to Thaiday, he was woeful. Shoulda been hooked.

Also Civa should not be dropped, he did not get nearly enough minutes. Don't understand that either? And also Myles was great when he was on.

Don't make any changes except Hodges -> Nielsen. Yow Yeh grows a leg when Hodges is playing.

Oh, and if Soward isn't the biggest cat in the universe. Standing 20m deep for every kick. Geeze it ticks me off! :twisted:

mrslong said:
Can't understand why Locky continuously went to Thaiday, he was woeful. Shoulda been hooked.

Because on just about every occasion he had no options! Slater wasn't coming in from fullback. Nielsen was too flat. Thaiday was the only option, and the Blues had him well marked.

Coxy said:
mrslong said:

Because on just about every occasion he had no options! Slater wasn't coming in from fullback. Nielsen was too flat. Thaiday was the only option, and the Blues had him well marked.

True, but Sam was always getting in the way too. He does it a lot for the Broncos as well.

Yep he is a different style player to Carroll but tries to play like him.

By the way apparently Ben Creagh turned to the QLD supporters bay and called them all F*Wits. And Aku gave them the finger & a few other choice words. Real sportsmanlike, lads.

Lololol, is he serious?!??!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011 ... site=sport

NSW coach Ricky Stuart has taken the extraordinary step of asking his entire squad to stand down from club duty ahead of State of Origin III, after the Blues set up a Brisbane decider with an 18-8 win over Queensland at the Olympic Stadium.
Stuart is livid at a scheduling glitch which will see seven players from St George Illawarra and Manly play a NRL clash a day after he names his side for the series finale on July 6.

Last I checked, Stuart was the one who moved naming the team to Sunday from Monday. Never mind that we don't name our team until the day after!

mrslong said:
By the way apparently Ben Creagh turned to the QLD supporters bay and called them all F*Wits. And Aku gave them the finger & a few other choice words. Real sportsmanlike, lads.

Yes, because no doubt the Queenslanders were all impeccably mannered and well behaved.

Unread

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Volvo Driver
  • lynx000
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • armchair
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.