State of Origin - Game 2 - Post Match Discussion

OXY-351 said:
[quote="Anonymous person":10b0ux3i]also, the reffing was $hit. numerous late shoulder charges on the QLD kickers that were let go. i dont get it - if you shoulder charge the kicker even while hes kicking, its a penalty........so shouldnt shoulder charging them a second after theyve kicked it be an even more obvious penalty? apparently not if youre wearing a blue jersey.

Pretty sure you're allowed to attack the kicker while he's in the motion of kicking, as long as you dont' attack the legs. I personally didn't see too much wrong with NSW attcking the QLD kickers.

If they don't want to get attacked so much they should take a leaf out of Sowards book and kick from further back. I mean how often do you see Soward get heavy contact. QLD kickers make the choice to kick it closer to the defensive line so they can get as much distance on the kick as possible. You take the risk, you've got to suffer the consequences.[/quote:10b0ux3i]

i think thats wrong. pretty sure u have to make an attempt to actually tackle them now, shoulder charges arent allowed on kicker. correct me if im wrong someone

Anyone saying the attacks on kickers last night was legal was watching a different game. And 9/10 it was that fucking dirty little **** Ennis.

OXY-351 said:
Pretty sure you're allowed to attack the kicker while he's in the motion of kicking, as long as you dont' attack the legs. I personally didn't see too much wrong with NSW attcking the QLD kickers.
nope, not true.

you are ONLY allowed to make contact with a person who is kicking the ball if you are making an actual tackle - ie. grab them with your arms wrapped around them. shoulder charges of all kinds on a person in the act of kicking the ball are illegal.

Anonymous person said:
[quote="OXY-351":3v3rben4]
nope, not true.

you are ONLY allowed to make contact with a person who is kicking the ball if you are making an actual tackle - ie. grab them with your arms wrapped around them. shoulder charges of all kinds on a person in the act of kicking the ball are illegal.[/quote:3v3rben4]

well someone tell the fu**ing refs then

But isn't it still the old rule under ARL rules? ie. any contact is OK as long as it is almost simultaneous?

Aren't you all forgetting Thaiday was one of our best in game 1? He created havoc on the right edge. Peace just got him with a few good defensive decisions last night. I wouldn't back him to replicate that over another 80 minutes of origin footy.

Thaiday on bench as a prop would negate the speediness of NSW cause he can match it in bursts.

No one said anything about dropping Slater - that would be madness. He has some iffy moments but he's still the best No. 1 in the game by a long stretch.

If anything JT and Locky have been too quiet and gun shy for my liking - esp at the fast track in suncorp. It's time to show NSW what we are really capable IMO.

I don't understand why people think JT was too gun shy...every chance he got he'd throw it wide to Boyd or Inglis into open space. We just couldn't build any momentum out of those situations for some reason.

yeh i thought JT was one of our best. he put at least 2 or 3 people into open space that i can remember, and almost broke the line a few times himself.

Where the heck was Jamie Soward hiding in Defence? He made 3 tackles, 2 of those were ineffective. [icon_shru

mrslong said:
Where the heck was Jamie Soward hiding in Defence? He made 3 tackles, 2 of those were ineffective. [icon_shru

He was rushing up out of the line forcing Thurston to look in field.

And Soward is the sole reason behind every team he plays in being so successful.

After the first try when Soward takes the conversion the other team are always left wondering "Why the **** is that kid dancing on the field." And for the rest of the game concentration is on gone.

Cor if there's anything I hate it's the Soward dance. It's everyting anti-rugby league.

Team needs more mongrel

Crocker in for Harrison
Costigan in for Parker
Webb in for Taylor

Browny said:
Team needs more mongrel

Crocker in for Harrison
Costigan in for Parker
Webb in for Taylor

Crocker and Webb? You're kidding!!!

Costigan is a fair call but isn't he injured?

Browny said:
I actually was kidding
It smelled like it, it looked like it, and it sounded like it... [icon_drun

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • sooticus
  • Evander
  • Justwin
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Dazza 92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.