State of Origin Game II - NSW vs QLD

I don’t know the exact rule (probably like most on here) but I thought a few years ago I read that the 100% certainty rule was not anywhere in the rule book. It was if it was more than likely or something.

not even close to being the right call ...

there has to be absolute certainty before a penalty try can be awarded ... not "we reckon he would have got there"

it was definitely not an absolute certainty that the try would have been scored ... especially since Cordner wasn't even in the in-goal at the time ...

if they allow this to set a precedent (which they would have to now) ... there are going to be a hell of a lot more penalty tries awarded.

those sorts of things happen every week in this game .. and it has never been a penalty try ... a penalty yes, a sin bin yes a penalty try ... **** no

Well, accoring the Bunker's twitter, it was the opinion of the video ref he would've scored.

What a crock of shit.

Quick question, @Super Freak can probably answer. Does the bunker have access to the commentary? They certainly seemed to be influenced in that penalty try decision.

No way they possibly could, there are so many things wrong if they do.

Chambers got it in the in goal , cordner was meters infront of him. He would've got it easy
doesn't change thefacts. Every other pealty try EVER has had to have been CERTAIN that the try would have been scored. In other words they need the ball in their hands and about to put it down.

Can't Fittler at least wear a blue scarf?

This. If the shoe was on the other foot we'd be blowing up deluxe. Hunt is just a brainless tool.

I’m happy of that penalty try is the standard but it isn’t any other game or team. How many times is that a penalty try otherwise.

Refs are making good calls for NSW by inventing interpretations that just aren’t applied any other time. It’s a double standard simple. Same as game one.

We really miss Oates’s hard meters out of our own end.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Cavalo
  • Emanon
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • heartly87
  • Dexter
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Brocko
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.