State of Origin Game II - NSW vs QLD

Poor old Benny Hunt just ain't a winner. I think I forgave him pretty quickly for the 2015 GF because he fucked up in the most surreal way possible, but I don't think I will let this one go. It was all of his worst qualities that we grew so familiar with when he was our half.

It was bad but we had plenty of chances at the end there. They had Roberts in the bin and we had all the momentum.

Yep, should have scored at least twice but Hunt and Chambers had other ideas. Stupid ones.

Poor old Benny Hunt just ain't a winner. I think I forgave him pretty quickly for the 2015 GF because he fucked up in the most surreal way possible, but I don't think I will let this one go. It was all of his worst qualities that we grew so familiar with when he was our half.

Dumbass penalty try, insipid kicks on the 3rd tackle, soft defence leading to points. It was classic big stage Hunt. Under any sort of pressure, he is utter garbage. God help the Dragons in the finals.

On the selections, I seem to remember hearing that Kevie wanted certain players but was overruled by Lockyer and Miles?

People are kidding if they think Ash Taylor is not better than Ben Hunt. Hunt is toast after that game. His cards are marked: never to play for Queensland again.

Last edited:
With Slater going, Ponga is the obvious FB, Holmes just doesn’t have it. Oates has to play, unlike Chambers, who seems to be getting worse in every rep game he plays. We need some good centres. Hunt will continue to Hunt, Taylor deserves a shot. Arrow to start, McGuire to prop. Hopefully Gillo will be be sweet for next year, because Cooper is bog ordinary

I'd be dropping Chambers, Hess and Cooper ...

Hess and Cooper have been poor at both club and rep all season and Chambers has been poor again in origin ... would probably drop Hunt as well, but i don't think we have anyone better ATM.

so I would shift Gagai to center, and bring Oates in on the wing

start Arrow in place of Cooper

Give Joe Ofahengaue a shot of the bench ... his form deserves it

not sure who to give that last bench spot to

I'd be dropping Chambers, Hess and Cooper ...

Hess and Cooper have been poor at both club and rep all season and Chambers has been poor again in origin ... would probably drop Hunt as well, but i don't think we have anyone better ATM.

so I would shift Gagai to center, and bring Oates in on the wing

start Arrow in place of Cooper

Give Joe Ofahengaue a shot of the bench ... his form deserves it

not sure who to give that last bench spot to

Surely you are not saying Hunt survives? Do you know him?

Last edited:
It was always going to be a Blues win.

With the Maroons shooting themselves in the foot and with a little help from the refs on the penalty try and the Gagai no try.

With Slater going, Ponga is the obvious FB, Holmes just doesn’t have it. Oates has to play, unlike Chambers, who seems to be getting worse in every rep game he plays. We need some good centres. Hunt will continue to Hunt, Taylor deserves a shot. Arrow to start, McGuire to prop. Hopefully Gillo will be be sweet for next year, because Cooper is bog ordinary

Slater was amazing tonight - but like Milf last night, played out of the game by inept halves (although Munster had a solid dig).

Big turning point was NSW somehow getting the penalty when we should have after we smashed Baloney into the turf in a completely legal tackle.
Saw at least 2 other tackle Made by NSW that were exactly the same. Hunt lost the ball in a back slam that went past the point.

I don't like to single out players, but that was a catastrophic performance from Ben Hunt.

We almost would have been better off with them not awarding the penalty try, and sending Hunt off instead haha.

Taylor is 100 x better than Hunt if only for his 5th tackle options.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brotherdu
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • BooKhaki
  • Browny
  • Dazza 92
  • Rambstien
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • jd87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.