State of Origin Game III - Live Discussion

While people keep perpetuating the myth that he deliberately fucked over the Titans that perception won't change.

The guy bought a house on the coast to move into. His parents were going to move there as well.
I know his father ( played footy with him ) so I know this to be true but everyone wants to keep repeating this crap that it was a tactic.

It's not true.

I'll clarify by saying that I don't care anymore if he fucked over the Titans or not, they are shit ***** and deserve whatever they get. But out of interest how was it not a tactic? Was he 100% committed to moving and got cold feet?

I'll clarify by saying that I don't care anymore if he fucked over the Titans or not, they are shit ***** and deserve whatever they get. But out of interest how was it not a tactic? Was he 100% committed to moving and got cold feet?

A tactic IMO is preconceived. He didn't sign and buy a house with the intention to backflip.
Manly came back and offered him silly long term money .

Isn’t DCE fucking over the Titans pretty close to saying Inglis fucked the broncos over but everyone likes Inglis still?

Isn’t DCE fucking over the Titans pretty close to saying Inglis fucked the broncos over but everyone likes Inglis still?

To be fair, they are a bit different.

DCE agreed to join the Titans and signed a contract. When speculation started going around that he was going to backflip, he reassured the Titans that he will be honouring the deal. He even bought a house on the Gold Coast. The Titans offloaded players due to DCE joining them to start to build a squad around him, and then DCE backflips.

Inglis agreed to terms with the Broncos but did not sign anything. The Broncos, mainly Henjak, made no attempt to visit him or make him feel welcome. The players were talking him out of coming to the Broncos due to the situation with Henjak. Russell Crowe swoops him and bends over backwards to make him feel welcome at the Rabbitoh and the rest is history. Inglis was pushed out the door.

Let’s not forget that the Storm pushed Inglis to use a top class lawyer to defend him for bashing his misses, Inglis has to pay for it, expects the Broncos to pay the bill (because he was used to the Storm paying for whatever he or his uncles wanted). When we say it’s his responsibility as it would come under the cap, Mundine offers to pay for it, but only if he plays for Souths, Crowe offers him a deal with over $300k in cap-dodging 3rd parties (which ultimately the NRL make Souths include in the cap), and Inglis pretends that planes don’t fly in the rain in order to go with Souths’ dodgy deal.

Some of us haven’t forgot.

Daly seems like a bit of a weirdo, but he hasn't done anything bad off the field that I can think of. His personality is a bit weird, but nothing wrong with being super polite on and off the field. I'm surprised not many players besides him and Smith attempt to do it.

Daly seems like a bit of a weirdo, but he hasn't done anything bad off the field that I can think of. His personality is a bit weird, but nothing wrong with being super polite on and off the field. I'm surprised not many players besides him and Smith attempt to do it.

RTS is a bit like that, softly spoken and generally really polite, even when questioning a ref decision. But I agree that not many players are like that.

It is a bit weird.

I read that DCE has had media training - which explains why he is so polite and well spoken and articulate.

It's one of those weird things that shows that whatever progress rugby league makes with being full-time professional we are still, at heart, a working class game.

Something tells me if DCE said things like "yeah mate she'll be right, luv Queensland, just happy to be wearing the jersey, tough game mate, big game next week mate", etc etc he'd be a lot more endearing to RL fans.

Apart from the altercation in Gladstone earlier this year, his off the field record has been exemplary.

I honestly don't get why he gets bagged for something other players have indulged freely in...

Can anyone honestly say they wouldn't backflip after committing to something if they get offered a million dolar once in a lifetime deal that can set him and his family up for life?

But that's not sexy enough for a story in a game as monumentally fucked up as Rugby League. He is scum.

If he had snorted coke off a chick's arse or bashed up his missus or had a DUI....that's a guy we can redeem. That's a guy who, if he plays a half decent game of footy, can become a hero in our game.

Last edited:
Are we certain we can't claim Kikau?

He isn't eligible for Origin. He grew up in Suva and didn't come over until his late teenage years.

Akuila Uate couldn't speak a word of English when he played for NSW, so idk.

Akuila Uate couldn't speak a word of English when he played for NSW, so idk.

The eligibility rules were different back then. It was where you played your first senior footy and he moved to NSW when he was 15. The rules were changed in 2012 a year after he made his debut. Kikau would have had to move to QLD or NSW before his 13th birthday to be eligible for State of Origin.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • MrMoore
  • Old Mate
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • kiwibronco
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.