State of Origin II - QLD vs NSW

He's always an issue in defence. Our team sucks this year and isn't looking good moving forward.

Gagai has been poor defensively tonight and Ponga has been very ordinary. We have nothing to come in really to replace any of these forwards either

Ben hunt kicking on second and third tackle all fucking game. How are you meant to turn possession without the ball...

In fairness our forwards have been utter fucking diabolical and our backline has had no fucking room to work with.

Only Qld player I can think of that can remotely hold their head high is Cam Munster and to a lesser extent Ben Hunt

We were just never in this. Got choked out early then didn't make it any easier on ourselves. Refs were also conveniently lopsided for 70 minutes. The NRL weren't missing out on their decider.

Ponga had a game to forget, Wallace and Glasby are garbage and I'm still not sold on Hunt @ 9

Last edited:
In fairness our forwards have been utter fucking diabolical and our backline has had no fucking room to work with.

Only Qld player I can think of that can remotely hold their head high is Cam Munster and to a lesser extent Ben Hunt
Ben hunt is the issue. He hasn't directed the forwards from hooker. Stat wise he's fine but he isn't having a good game as hooker.

To be honest, I think Chambers has been even worse than Gagai in defense. Wingers often get blamed for a lot of the things that are (at least partially) their centre's fault. Gagai HAS been bad, but Chambers has been fucking terrible too, and has 8 missed tackles to boot.

We were just never in this. Got choked out early then didn't make it any easier on ourselves. Refs were also conveniently lopsided for 70 minutes. The NRL weren't missing out on their decider.

Ponga had a game to forget, Wallace and Glasby are garbage and I'm still not sold on Hunt @ 9

And plus Phil Gould gets his annual boner.

Game 1 was a fluke. This is a true reflection of where the levels really sit. This is also a performance very similar to the broncos form.
I wouldn't give up on game 3 yet. They have had the jump in D right from the start. Slightly offside and leaving slightly early. That produces a massive advantage along with our dropped ball. Games can get away from you so easily . Not saying they haven't played well.

They had a clear tactic to rough Ponga up as well and I think early on our wingers didn't drop back with him to give an option but the high ball was used to get to him and it worked.

Well the refs made sure to penalise our defensive line speed early to give NSW more time and space and we stopped moving up and just never recovered from it.

Last edited:
This game is the perfect example of what happens when your forward pack just gets dominated. Ponga can’t even get into the game, DCE can’t do **** all
and Munster is the only one they can seem to create something from nothing due to sheer strength and effort.

I’d seriously look at bringing in Matt Scott on the bench if he is even remotely fit. **** Wallace and Glasby off. The most uninspired changes ever. Offa should be fit and I’d be willing to bring in another forward for Mbye possibly a Christian Welch. We can’t go into a decider with that same bench that was absolutely disgusting.

Napa never came back. Injured, or hooked?
McGuire is the only one who can sort of be proud of his effort, he's the only one who tried to stand up in the middle.

This is how I expected game 1 to go. On paper the teams aren't comparable. They are younger, faster, better attacking stats etc than us. Game 1 we won because filter cooked the interchange and it was at Suncorp. We also won by an intercept try...

Today we got flogged and we will again next week.

Napa never came back. Injured, or hooked?
McGuire is the only one who can sort of be proud of his effort, he's the only one who tried to stand up in the middle.

I'll tell you who did get the shepherd hook and that's Wallace after the hit on Maloney. The bloke is a plonker.

Last edited:
Take moose out, and we have no mongrel in this side.

Moose isn’t even scary. He’s very professional and does all the things expected of him. But he’ll never dominate

What’s the point if our heroes aren’t even trying.
If you don’t understand why it’s important to stick with them even when they suck then I don’t really know how to explain it to you. All I can suggest is that you don’t watch any sport just check the results in the morning and then if it looks good catch a replay. All I ask is don’t be a hypocrite and call the players pea hearted if you don’t have the courage to watch them.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncoscope
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Financeguy
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.