State of Origin II - QLD vs NSW

Half empty?
I was there amongst 59,720 others, some people had moved to get out of the heavy showers.

apparently there was a ground record crowd in attendance ... beat the previous record by about 100 people....

FUN FACT:

Ben Hunt has now kicked the most 40/20's in Origin with 3

Just need to bite the bullet and go with something like:

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Feldt
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Scott
9. Hunt
10. Papalii
11. Kaufusi
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Morgan
15. Joffa
16. Welch
17. Fifita

Except for game 1 a couple weeks back....yeah?

Some of you ***** are so fickle these days. If we win were champions...if we lose we're shit ***** with no hope for the future.

Any given Sunday.......has been never so true than in Rugby League.

You’re only as good as your last game.

Clearys injury shows why we need a Mbye on the bench....though Wade graham at 5.8th didn't do too badly...

Clearys injury shows why we need a Mbye on the bench....though Wade graham at 5.8th didn't do too badly...

Not really, given Morgan and Hunt are in the team and a bit of a shuffle could cover either half. I'd rather have a fourth forward that will see more minutes or a genuine impact player on the bench.

Not really, given Morgan and Hunt are in the team and a bit of a shuffle could cover either half. I'd rather have a fourth forward that will see more minutes or a genuine impact player on the bench.
If they went an impact player, they would need to be used right, not just the template 20-15 minutes towards the end of the game when it is gone.

If it was a forward it would have to be a mobile forward. Qlds forwards were just sooooo slow last night. People laughed at fitlers bench because of the lack of props/size but their forwards were just to quick and qld didnt use their size.

Wallace should never pull on a maroons jersey ever again, he has had multiple chances and has done nothing. I noticed he got hooked last night after his late shot on Maloney. We needed possession and field position and what does the idiot do? Smacks their playmaker late and in-air when we're about to get both. How can a player that produces consistent above average stats in first grade look so out of his depth in origin? He never stings in defence and has made about half a meter post-contact in his entire origin career. **** him off.

NSW made great adjustments to their side and went into game 2 with an excellent game plan that was executed well. It was a massive roll of the dice by Fittler but it appears the NSW staff knew exactly what they were doing. Our forwards were dominated and our defence across the park was exposed dramatically. A combination of being outclassed and a piss poor attitude. We need a miracle to get our defence right for game 3, and even then I don't know where our points are going to come from. Backs & spine to remain unchanged due to lack of options, Ofa and Welch in for Glasby and Wallace.

we got deservedly flogged. what else can you say?

Think I'll stop going to origin at a neutral venue, I'm 0-2 ATM.
Next one will definitely have to be Suncorp.

I hope having a shocker will hopefully be good for Ponga. He's getting so much praise coming his way that he needs to be grounded again and understand that he's still developing as a player. He still has amazing potential, and I'm sure he'll end up being better than Teddy or Turbo if he keeps working hard...but he does need to keep working hard.

Last edited:

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrRobot
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • winslow_wong
  • something
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • broncoscope
  • pennywisealfie
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.