RUMOUR Stephen Kearney set to return to the Broncos

Here I was thinking Psaltis made the tweet with inside info.. turns out he was just pedalling the rumour of Kearney coming back yesterday without actually confirming it, lol.

Disregard. This rumour seems false based on what was said on NRL 360 last night.

It’s a shame. I think the boys could get a lot out of Kearny and Kev both coming in as assistant coaches. Not to mention having 2 potential interim coaches when the inevitable happens.

Even though it may appear undermining to Seibold, I think any organisation taking a chance on a young employee based on potential has a responsibility to give them a good support network and advisors. It’s professional development. Take some of the pressure of his shoulders so he can concentrate more on becoming a decent long term head coach.

It’s a shame. I think the boys could get a lot out of Kearny and Kev both coming in as assistant coaches. Not to mention having 2 potential interim coaches when the inevitable happens.

Even though it may appear undermining to Seibold, I think any organisation taking a chance on a young employee based on potential has a responsibility to give them a good support network and advisors. It’s professional development. Take some of the pressure of his shoulders so he can concentrate more on becoming a decent long term head coach.

Exactly! He might still be salvageable as a head coach even but he certainly needs help, he is so obviously in over his head it is embarrassing. That doesn't mean he can't make it still if the club is committed to him but he absolutely needs help.

I thought Phil Gould actually summed up the situation pretty well on 100% footy the other night.

Clearly something is going wrong with the coaching, so if Seibold is doing all of the coaching himself then he is taking on way too much himself and needs more help and to delegate more to the assistants, if Seibold is letting the assistants do most of the coaching then he/club needs to find better assistants.

The club needs to start there before just sacking Seibold. I think Kearney would be well received by the group.

Last edited:
This makes a fool out of Kent if Kearney does join the Broncos.
He was adamant last night on 360 that Kearney didn’t want to join the Broncos and was even laughing about it.
I hope we still go for Kevvie also, I think we need at least both assistants.

Last edited:
This makes a fool out of Kent if Kearney does join the Broncos.
He was adamant last night on 360 that Kearney didn’t want to join the Broncos and was even laughing about it.
I hope we still go for Kevvie also, I think we need at least both assistants.

No it doesn't, he said he asked and Kearney said not interested. If you ask and he replies don't want it then three weeks later takes the job that doesn't mean you reported incorrectly.

No it doesn't, he said he asked and Kearney said not interested. If you ask and he replies don't want it then three weeks later takes the job that doesn't mean you reported incorrectly.

Edit: Did not see until now that there were two tweets.

Last edited:
Three weeks ago he was the Warriors head coach wasn't he? Why would anyone be asking if he'd want to quit that and come here as an assistant?

Three weeks ago he was the Warriors head coach wasn't he? Why would anyone be asking if he'd want to quit that and come here as an assistant?

I think he's talking about a scenario in which Kearney joins the Broncos a few weeks from now.

Did you eat your lunch though, there's a headline!

'Guy misses lunch to hastily post on forum showing no confidence in Broncos' coach.

Expect a Badel exclusive tomorrow

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.