Stephen Kearney

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
What do you make of his efforts over the past two seasons?

Just to appease the NZers in our team? just to attract NZers? just to make coffee and lay out the cones?

He sure as shit hasn't done anything for our defence, Bennett will probably keep him on like he did when he coached NZ to a World Cup win (officially it was the other way around though :laugh:)

It irks me that people always bag out Kearney on here - unless you go to training every day, or are involved in the running of the club somehow, then there's no possible way you can know whether he's doing a good job or not.

But whatever, shoot me down, because I know it's the cool thing to hate on Kearney.

Was Wayne there in secret for the 2010 4N?

Or was that all golden boots Marshall?

Who would replace him if he left ???

It irks me that people always bag out Kearney on here - unless you go to training every day, or are involved in the running of the club somehow, then there's no possible way you can know whether he's doing a good job or not.

But whatever, shoot me down, because I know it's the cool thing to hate on Kearney.

Hmmm. People usually put 2 and 2 together and get a potato. Kearney is the Broncos defensive coach + our defence has been poor for the last 2 years = Kearney is bad.

Personally, I'm not sure. Our ruck defence and wrestle has not been up to the better teams, and at stages this year has been flat our poor. So whether that's the coach or the defensive coach, who knows. However, I believe defence is an attitude thing aswell as structures. We've shown at times we can stick to good defensive structure, but then we get lazy.

It's something Bennett will need to fix in the off season if we are to be a hope of making the top 4 next year.

Last edited:

OK ...since you want to martyr yourself, I will. You're an idiot if you think Kearney's doing a good job. Kearney is fucked!

Brisbane should piss him off !!

If anyone is going to get his best coaching to come out. It'll be Bennett.

OK ...since you want to martyr yourself, I will. You're an idiot if you think Kearney's doing a good job. Kearney is ****ed!

Brisbane should **** him off !!

Yep, he needs to go as well, the Broncs have only surrendered five less tries than last year, a much bigger improvement was needed for the squad to be any sort of force this year, a complete cleanout is needed a including a new CEO. Neither Kearney nor Paul White will be around in 2015.

Yep, he needs to go as well, the Broncs have only surrendered five less tries than last year, a much bigger improvement was needed for the squad to be any sort of force this year, a complete cleanout is needed a including a new CEO. Neither Kearney nor Paul White will be around in 2015.

why do we need a new CEO? Our CEO's job is the business side of things, and in that respect he is doing his job well.

people seem to mistake our on field performance with our off-field performance and that is just not what should happen.

on the field we have been poor, off the field we are thriving ... Strong member numbers, strong crowds, strong profits, good sponsors. that is his responsibility.

Yeah agreed. Suncorp stadium needs to go too, just not good enough for us to be any kind of force. We need a new stadium!

Yeah agreed. Suncorp stadium needs to go too, just not good enough for us to be any kind of force. We need a new stadium!

Ooh good idea.

We should get a floating one, and we can turn it into a fortress... I'll take seat B-17...

A flying fortress for the Brisbane... Bombers?

Nah, the stadium can stay, it has extra durable seating which I am sure you appreciate (I do as well). I will bet you your next paycheque that Whitey calls it quits in the off season (so about 5K). It would be an uneasy working relationship if he were to stay. The rumour about Ben Ikin is correct but Shane Webcke's name keeps popping up as well.

We need the old ANZ Stadium.

I'm pretty sure we had a 85% win record there. I can't remember if it was 78% or 85%.

Suncorp/Lang Park, 62%.

The curse is still there...

Nah, the stadium can stay, it has extra durable seating which I am sure you appreciate (I do as well). I will bet you your next paycheque that Whitey calls it quits in the off season (so about 5K). It would be an uneasy working relationship if he were to stay. The rumour about Ben Ikin is correct but Shane Webcke's name keeps popping up as well.
You're off a fair bit mate, I don't get out of bed for that...

Seriously, what business qualifications does Shane Webcke or even Ben Ikin have, to be the CEO of the biggest NRL club in the world?

Like Foordy said, under White's tenure, the club has certainly built upon it's present and taken steps to continue to do so in the future. Infrastructure, development, finance have all been or are being upgraded and improved.

Yes, White and Griffin are obviously good mates, and there is a good chance the board (or at least its majority holder(s)) went above White's head (which is their prerogative) when they decided to replace Hook with WB, but it would be totally stupid to replace White with the likes of Ikin or Webcke, unless they just want a puppet for Bennett there...

FTR, I have absolutely no issue with giving Wayne a lot of autonomy when it comes to the footy side of things, as the man certainly knows his stuff. In fact, I hope he does take that task on, and gradually mentors Walters or whomever he thinks is the best person, into the head coaching job.

I am still undecided on Kearney, as I haven't seen what he does during training, nor what his main responsibilities are, although if the premise that our defense is his main task is true, then I want him far away from the club.
Again, as with Barba, Kennedy and the other players, I want to see how he operates under WB, before giving him the boot.

Last edited:
Why are you feeding the troll? You should be banning him

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Dash
  • broncoscope
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.