Sterlo can't see Dogs or Broncos in eight

Matty Johns and Mark Geyer on the Grill Team this morning has us misssing the eight as well.
Johns based it on losing Parker as well as the press saying Bennett has lost his aura???

They followed up with a Tallis interview who said, "As you get older, you still love your grandad, you just don't listen to him as much". Whatever that means...

Damn i love it when everyone writes us off... usually leave many people with egg all over their faces :porthozthinksthisishot:

Well, the way I see it:-

Definitely be in the eight most likely top 4
Melbourne - just too clinical
Cowboys - JT factor

Should be in the eight could be top 4
Sharks
Raiders

Likely Top 8 spot ( no particular order)
Eels - can play, would have been in the eight last year.
Titans - recruited quite well
Roosters - love or hate Pearce, he makes the difference for them.
Broncos (Ill put us here unless we sort our short kicking game and meters conceded in defense)
Souths - if their basic bash em with big blokes game plan works

Outside Top 8
Dogs are gone - still have poor halves
Tigers - have never been consistent - all over the place - I wouldn't expect this to change this year
Warriors - I don't think Kearney has it in him to turn this around. Inconsistent as ever.
Manly under Barrett I think will struggle again - untested and inexperienced coach, bizarre choice of coach for me
Dragons
Newcastle

Pretty much all the experts have Penrith winning this year... A good side and on the up but I keep wondering about Griffin as an NRL coach... I still can't get past some of his game plans or lack of when he was at the Broncos. And the Hoffman at 5/8 experiment that went on and on until our season was shot will forever cause me to grind my teeth every time I see him. And the Griffin fat program he had everyone on?? I lost all faith in the man over a peroid and can't get my head around him coaching a team to a premiership.

Pretty much all the experts have Penrith winning this year... A good side and on the up but I keep wondering about Griffin as an NRL coach... I still can't get past some of his game plans or lack of when he was at the Broncos. And the Hoffman at 5/8 experiment that went on and on until our season was shot will forever cause me to grind my teeth every time I see him. And the Griffin fat program he had everyone on?? I lost all faith in the man over a peroid and can't get my head around him coaching a team to a premiership.

If Griffin leads a team to the premiership this forum will explode ... lol

Penrith have some good players (and a monster pack now) but I just don't rate them as highly as others.

Their big youngsters seem to plateau after a year or two in first grade, or the ones that are hyped to the shithouse are always underwhelming. They kinda remind me of the Dragons in that sense. honestly see the Raiders going further this year than Penrith.

I see us a big chance to miss the 8 not only for Sterlos reasons but we are totally fucked over by the draw.
We only play the Knights and Saints once so we are giving away 4 points to all the sides playing them twice and once again we cop Wests and Warriors during Origin.

If our rucking tactics change and we play to our strength in the backrow and backline then we could cause a few headaches

The bookies still like us ...those pricks don't miss much
That's a really good point. The Broncos have a large following so the bookies are careful not to offer good odds generally but if they agreed with all the negative shit then they would definitely wind us out and take the punters on.
I actually think they are better judges than most of the commentators because they aren't biased.

I couldn't be bothered checking, but is there a stat showing how many times the bookies have correctly picked the premiership winners pre-season?

Ladbrokes absolutely love the Broncos

I see us a big chance to miss the 8 not only for Sterlos reasons but we are totally fucked over by the draw.
We only play the Knights and Saints once so we are giving away 4 points to all the sides playing them twice and once again we cop Wests and Warriors during Origin.

If our rucking tactics change and we play to our strength in the backrow and backline then we could cause a few headaches
Don't be so sure to assume the Knights are an easy push over this year... while I'm sure they'll lose more than they'll win, i think they'll win more than they did last year

The media may want us to be outside the 8 for whatever reason but they can go bite a dick. We have the personnel to get into the top four, we have not even seen a real game yet and just because of the WCC and Hunt leaving we can't be in the 8. Bullshit. The team just needs a little more cowbell and we will be fine.

Griffin is the front man. Gould is the ultimate decision-maker. That is why Cleary got the arse. Cleary didn't want a bar of it so Gould gave him the flick.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • Organix
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • Astro
  • scobie
  • Stix
  • MTF75
  • cento
  • Xzei
  • YeahNahMate
  • barker
  • Behind enemy lines
  • jd87
  • pennywisealfie
  • Johnny92
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.