Storm Tactics

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Firstly the grapple tackle used last year and now the delaying gameplay this year, delaying both their first two games. What's Craig Bellammy(Don't mind me if im wrong, im not a good speller) got up his sleeve next Season.

I'd like to know your say on the Storm tactics. I think they should be fined 2-4 comp. points, personally.

Pushing, shoving, tripping players without the ball seems to be something they are having fun trying to get away with at the moment.

Going on the field late against the Warriors was another one. Hope they get rolled.

I like Bellamy because he is an innovator.....his side has consistently bent and stretched the rules since he has coached, so much so they have changed rules to curb the advantage the Storm were exploiting out of these tactics. Not saying it is in the best spirit but he has brilliant tactical awareness especially slowing down the ruck where the storm are king.

not many coaches can say that their methods have created new rule changes.

just think if we get him the broncs could become the dirtiest team. hopefully Cullen would tell him that the fans wont have it.

Changing rules? Well anyone can do so, it's a matter of whether they do it or not. In many games there are so many ways you can tip things to your advantage, but it's just not within the spirit of the game and only the *cheap* teams/players do it.

My tip is the squirrel grip!

These tactics are precisely the reason I don't want Bellamy as our coach

Flutterby said:

Please he is best tactical coach in the game and has the best game plans.

Also he has turned fringe first graders into rep stars and has made the Storm into the best well drilled team in the comp with the best structures.

Bring him home Bruno!

He is still the 2nd best coach in the game, BRING HIM TO BRISBANE WHERE HE BELONGS!

Flutterby said:

Can't agree more with that mate. I would not like to support a team bending the rules like Melbourne do. I would rather not win a premiership than support a team with a tarnished name.

@Kimlo: Second best coach in the game? I'm sure you're basing that on the fact that he guided a team into consecutive Grand Finals, and won one of them?

A coach is only as good as his team. And Bellamy was graced with a brilliant team. This year he doesn't seem to be helping much now does he.

I'd much rather the Neil Henry to be honest.

Don't like the Melbourne tactics one bit. I agree on the fact that I'd rather barrack for a team who plays clean and within the 'spirit of the game' (as ambiguous as it is) as opposed to a team that bends and curbs rules that do have a certain effect on the image of the team itself.

The Rock said:
Nashy said:
Flutterby said:

A coach is only as good as his team. And Bellamy was graced with a brilliant team. This year he doesn't seem to be helping much now does he.

Dude, he MADE these players what they are today. The Broncos have always been blessed with great players, so does that mean Wayne was only good because of the players he had?

Inglis, Falou, Cronk, Cam Smith.....these guys came from nowhere yet Bellamy helped turn them into superstars. What about Justin Hodges? Wayne MADE Hodges. Without Wayne, Hodges would be retired already.

Totally agree with everything said, Bellamy had a virtually no name team 3 years ago and he made them into superstars, look at penrith bless with the best juniors yet there coach can't make anything of all these potential superstars.

Flutterby said:

You mean winning tactics?

Bellamy is an innovator, always looking for ways to manipulate the game and put in his sides favour. Sure, grapples may not be in the best spirit of the game but they gave melbourne a massive advantage in the ruck before eveyrone else cuaght on.

The man is a gun coach.

Nashy said:
Flutterby said:

Can't agree more with that mate. I would not like to support a team bending the rules like Melbourne do. I would rather not win a premiership than support a team with a tarnished name.

@Kimlo: Second best coach in the game? I'm sure you're basing that on the fact that he guided a team into consecutive Grand Finals, and won one of them?

Switch them around mate. A team is only as good as their coach.

Examples:
-If the Dragons had a good coach they would've won a Premiership or two in the last decade. They always had the playing staff but with Nathan Brown there they are nothing.
-If the Bulldogs had a good coach they would've won 2 or 3 after they won in 2004.

Put the best players in the game in the same team, without a coach they lack plenty.

Je$ter said:
Flutterby said:

You mean winning tactics?

Bellamy is an innovator, always looking for ways to manipulate the game and put in his sides favour. Sure, grapples may not be in the best spirit of the game but they gave melbourne a massive advantage in the ruck before eveyrone else cuaght on.

The man is a gun coach.

Yep, I will have him back in 09 in a heart beat. Game's smartest coach, clearly he learned a lot from WB and then added his own personal touches. The Storm defend as well as a Broncos side but dominate the ruck week in week out and for that Bellamy needs praise regardless of the 'immoral' nature of the tactics. He is paid to get results and it is exactly what he has consistently done as a first grade coach.

By 2nd best coach, I mean WB is the best coach in the game, 06GF, and most successful coach in history.

The latest tactic they are using is second and third man in bending the attackers arm out straight and back behind him at the same time as placing weight on the elbow. Its a dangerous and ugly tactic.

As far as I'm concerned it's bringing the game into disrepute.

I've long been a fan of Bellamy but he is kidding with this latest offering, it seems they have an endless list of wrestling holds and bring out a new one each time one gets banned.

Hopefully someone at the Storm wakes up and puts a stop to this rubbish.

I'm hoping if Bellamy comes to Brisbane and trys to pull that shit our senior players will tell him where to go. I don't EVER want Brisbane reduced to that level.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.