Storm Vs. Broncos *SPOILER*

Status
Not open for further replies.
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Like a few of us said before : the Inglis-Slater Show.

I'll take Inglis over Hayne any day.

Beachy

Beachy

QCup Player
Mar 6, 2008
That attempted 'clearance' from Hunt was a fucking disgrace. Piss weak effort. Hope he spolis better in AFL

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
lol we scored.

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Ivan you nuffie, you should have played Ben Hunt at 7 in this game. You had a chance to learn from Gus's mistakes, now you're just gonna have to learn from your own.

Oh, and after that effort Hunt can deadset F**K OFF to AFL, I don't care in the least what happens to this betrayer of the great game and a great club now.

G

guppy

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Glass half full...I don't feel as gutted as I did this time last year!

B

baxteria

Mar 12, 2008
I hope Parra flogs them...but i doubt they can without Hayne. Damn I hate Melbourne!!!!!

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Have to give credit to Slater.. his tackle on Carrol was insane.

Disappointing we returned to mid year form for that game. Shows how important Wallace is.

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
Painful viewing from the outset... gosh dammit they played as if we lost Lockyer for the game.. Taylor wasnt given any ball as was our backline...Henjak stumbled over the wallace issue bad

2010 to look at now with some uncertainty

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I feel we played our grand final 2 weeks early. Not picking Marsh or Hunt at halfback was apoor decisoion

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
rissi_gurl said:
Alec said:
We should be proud of how far the team has come. Losing Bennett, losing heaps of players and still getting within 1 match of the grand final. I'm still very proud of the Broncos.

+1.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Oh well, onwards and upwards.

B

broncoangel

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Well the last 7 weeks have been fantastic to watch. It's given those younger players some good quality football and show them that they can win. Still very proud of them icon_thumbs_u

6 months without the broncos now [icon_frown [icon_frown

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Disappointing way to finish off but we can be very proud of how far we came after we looked gone-skies only 8 weeks ago. There is positive signs for the future despite the losses of Hunt and Taylor and I am confident we might be able to sneak a Premiership before Lockyer retires.

On the game I thought Alex Glenn was our best but we clearly struggled without Peter Wallace orchestrating the play. Ben Hunt probably would've been the better choice but I doubt the result would've been different if he was there.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Henjak made a huge error and will learn from it, we had a good season and exceeded expectations. Our defense was disgusting highlighted by miss after miss by Lockyer (among others) and I won't completely blame him because he had way too much on his plate tonight. Credit to the Storm they were immaculate and probably could have won by more, from 1-17 they are an incredibly strong unit.

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Beads6 said:
I feel we played our grand final 2 weeks early.

That's always a BS excuse. If you can't be up for tonight's game you never will be up for one. What's gone before is irrelevant. Losing Wallace was probably a legitimate reason but they all said they weren't gonna use that.

But like others have said, the season turned out OK in the end considering the sh!t hole we were in a couple of months ago.

R

rissi_gurl

NYC Player
Mar 17, 2008
Jeba said:
Disappointing way to finish off but we can be very proud of how far we came after we looked gone-skies only 8 weeks ago. There is positive signs for the future despite the losses of Hunt and Taylor and I am confident we might be able to sneak a Premiership before Lockyer retires.

On the game I thought Alex Glenn was our best but we clearly struggled without Peter Wallace orchestrating the play. Ben Hunt probably would've been the better choice but I doubt the result would've been different if he was there.

+ 1... I thought glenn should have started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bazza
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Canga
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.