Storm vs Sharks (Spoiler).

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
17-16 victory to the Sharks. Two players sent off 15 minutes before time too, which should be coming up soon on the telly.

Wasn't a bad game! I saw the start and the end and they were the best bits.

Brett White showing off his dingo qualities in that send off offence by throwing a chain of elbows into the face of a bloke who's being held back by two other players. The sign of a true canine. And that after Ross immediately went to check up on Cronk after his own dubious shot.

Great game to watch but jeez White is a cat. He had every opportunity to hit Ross but waited until two of his mates came along and held Ross' arms down before deciding to clock him. Not condoning what Ross did at all, I just think White is a coward.

EDIT: haha too slow. ^what he said.

Archer made the correct decision, handled it well.

Brett white is a dog. Ross knew he did the wrong thing and probably knew he was gorne, White didn't need to take it into his own hands. He could have at least hit hi when ross wasn't being held by two blokes.

Excellent game of footy but. Tough, big shots, some good skills in crappy weather.

Oh and two other points:

1. I thought Archer had a great game in general, seemed in total control of a fiery match and made a lot of correct decisions on the spot.

2. Ben Ross will hopefully get suspended for a few weeks, because the guy was out cold for 2 minutes last week, was allowed to play this week, then gets knocked out again. He should have a stint on the sidelines to recover anyway, and the Sharks are obviously not going to rule him out so it's up to someone else to do it.

Agree with other comments. Ross was definitely checking up on Coop when White came in. He had no need to come in anyway, but the fact Ross was checking he was OK, was even less reason to do it. These 2 were at each other all game though, so he probably just saw an opportunity to take it to the next level. He should get a few weeks himself.

Ross is probably wishing the doctors hadn't cleared him to play this week, because he's going to miss a number more now.

Tony Archer is streets ahead of the other refs in the game - he was excellent today.

Ross' tackle was shocking. He had plenty of time to pull out of the tackle and he used a raised elbow to Cronks face. I hate late high hits on kickers, they have no way to protect themsleves and aren't even looking. If it was on Lockyer we would all be absolutley filthy!

I don't think White was waiting for Ross to get held back, I think he was waiting for him to get back to his feet. It was a dog act, but imo it was not as bad as some are making out and definatley not worse than what Ross did.

I agree Ross's tackle was appalling and warranted send-off and a few weeks. But there was absolutely no need for White to get involved FULL STOP

I found out the result of the game but I still watched the second half anyway. It was a pretty exciting game!

BTW my tipping's so crap..I only have 2 winning teams. [eusa_doh

I always knew the Sharks would be a great team this year. They have possibly the best forward pack in the comp on the field (on paper, the Roosters beat them...but they just can't seem to perform on the field). They also have a good backline. Kimmorley is an excellent halfback. Their only real weakness is Seymour, which should hopefully stop them from winning the comp.

hopefully White wont be playing when the Broncos go against em. he should get a few weeks for that behaviour.

spoonbled said:
hopefully White wont be playing when the Broncos go against em. he should get a few weeks for that behaviour.

I hope he is so Sims and TC can drive him straight into the ground the ****.

Remember when he got all 'mouthy' before origin last year, spouting some crap about Civo. He has no respect, he's a little shit and i hope he gets fucking smashed next time he plays.

Brett White's used to getting smashed anyway, he gets hammered every time he hits the ball up.

One of the softest front rowers in the NRL.

I dunno Alec, I think Seymour is actually starting to realise his potential, he isn't playing too badly at the Shire.

White is all talk. Probably m favourite shot of the year was last year when TC and Dallas Johnson smashed his nose all over his face.

Seymour put up a very good defensive performance for the Sharkies even if he wasn't too great in attack. I thought he played very well and see him as a good long-term playmaker for them! He still has a lot of room for improvement though..

Putting it plainly, here's Brett White before a match:

bigteeth.jpg

Here's White on the field:

Marshmallow-Man.jpg

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Skathen
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • barker
  • BruiserMk1
  • Alec
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.