NEWS Tallis: farking fark, etc

I hate when Tallis speaks the truth.

Yep, except for Alfie, Michael Hancock, Petero, Peter Ryan, Corey Parker, Justin Hodges and Jack Reed, the club has nothing to do with the ‘old boys’ and this is Tallis speaking truth...

I have no doubt the club wants nothing to do with a media tart like Tallis shilling his imbecilic opinion to the highest bidder and throwing stones at anyone necessary to get him another ‘earn’.

The club should have nothing to do with a mouth breathing parasite of his ilk.

The club should also get serious and be a hell of a lot more ruthless about it’s primary business - football.

This club sacked Wally Lewis and Gene Miles. Yet the current bunch of entitled prima-donna’s who have achieved NOTHING in this game are untouchable?

Please...

Last edited:
It happened literally 5 seconds after the whistle on Thursday night. Oates and Guerra (I think) were laughing so hard it was depressing.
Compare and contrast - and this is after a win:

Tallis logic...

"Broncos shouldn't have picked a coach who hasn't won a premiership as a coach and has only coached 1 year... They should have picked walters"
Ummm... has Walter's been telling tallis pokies in their infamous car trips and tallis' brain is so fucked he can't remember Walter has never actually coached in the NRL at all and also never won a premiership as a coach...

I saw this article was from Tallis so skipped over it.

here's the thing ... Tallis doesn't give a flying **** about this club or it's culture, despite the fact that the club made him as a player and he's now using it to make him relevant in the media

it should be noted that Tallis reportedly has only been back to the club once since his retirement. he doesn't go to functions or old boys reunions. and recently when called out by Lodge to come down and help, we were effectively told to get fucked ...

yes, Tallis really loves this club ... he can go and get fucked

That's not true, Tallis was at the BBQ all the time on a Saturday. Always goes to BOB's functions.
[automerge]1592702010[/automerge]
Tallis logic...

"Broncos shouldn't have picked a coach who hasn't won a premiership as a coach and has only coached 1 year... They should have picked walters"
Ummm... has Walter's been telling tallis pokies in their infamous car trips and tallis' brain is so fucked he can't remember Walter has never actually coached in the NRL at all and also never won a premiership as a coach...

Walters won a ISC premiership and had a win % of 67% from his 106 games- one premiership and one Grand Final.

Last edited:
I actually agree with some of what was said this time. There is a lack of accountability and smiling laughing and all that carry on after 4 weeks of big losses shows they dont care.
There is smiling and laughing after every single game. It is a method of releasing stress and to acknowledge your opposition on a job well done. I don't see any smiles in the dressing room after a loss. Stating that they don't care because of a laugh or two is childish in the extreme.

That's not true, Tallis was at the BBQ all the time on a Saturday. Always goes to BOB's functions.

Walters won a ISC premiership and had a win % of 67% from his 106 games- one premiership and one Grand Final.
I get you like the isc premiership but I don't think people put that in the same level as NRL premierships. Griffin has won premierships in QLD cup,along with coaches who are a lot worse. Rick stone has the best winning percentage of all time ikn the QLD cup I believe? RICK STONE... 2 years ago it was won by PNG, I doubt they have NRL level coaching and facilities?
Its a good 2nd tier competitions but their record in qld cup holds about as much weight to the argument of "premiership winning experience" as coaching the local under 9s to the trophy. You nonly have to look at Walters record in the ESL to see that, and that's hardly NRL level

I can excuse Walters for his results at catalans. I mean half his players probably didn’t even speak English, there would definitely have been some kind of language barrier.

Tallis coils out yet another turd in tomorrow's Sunday Mail. I can't be arsed paraphrasing the whole damn thing, because:

1. You've heard it all before.
2. You've heard it all before.
3. See above.

View attachment 8236

Nonetheless, I know how you all enjoy reading him do his block at Seibold and the club, so here's a sample bag of his trademark shit to stink up your day:

"The fabric of the Brisbane Broncos was carefully crafted by many influential figures over the past 32 years. That fabric is now unravelling thread by thread. As each week passes, the Broncos lose another piece of their soul. "

"This is a club that has forgotten what it is. The Broncos have lost their identity and there are many reasons for it. "

"Current captain Alex Glenn has spoken about wanting the truth so here it is. There has been a concerted push from the powers within to disconnect Brisbane’s ex-players from the club. Many club legends have nothing to do with the Broncos anymore and it kills them to not be part of something they cherish so dearly."

"A rookie coach in Anthony Seibold with no NRL premiership success should not have been handed a five-year contract by CEO Paul White. "

"Kevin Walters should have been given the opportunity to succeed Wayne Bennett as coach because he is part of that fabric. He is the Broncos. The last time Anthony Milford played consistently good football was when Walters was guiding him at Red Hill as an assistant to Bennett.

View attachment 8234
The gracefully aging bull.

"The players have lost their desire under Seibold and that was evident against the Knights. I will never criticise a player’s ability because they are born with that and can only physically do so much. What I will be critical of is their effort and that has been lacking for many recently.The fans are everyday people. They are tradies, nurses and teachers. They spend their days working hard and expect their team to do the same. The Broncos are missing that desire and also the players to make the club great again."

"Some teams can only succeed when they respect and honour the foundations they were built on. No one had a bigger impact at the Broncos than Allan Langer. He was the team joker and everyone’s friend, but when you got on the field you knew where you stood because of “Alfie”. He drove the Broncos’ standards. He would tell players to get off the field during a game if they weren’t performing. I wonder how many players would have got a tap on the shoulder from Alfie during the past four weeks. That was part of the Broncos fabric and like many other threads it is now gone."

Still, you know what they say about stopped clocks.

McHunt
Has anyone told him everyone already knows Kevin Walters is/was the favorite for the most of the ex-greats to take over from WB?

It happened literally 5 seconds after the whistle on Thursday night. Oates and Guerra (I think) were laughing so hard it was depressing.

They’re mates. There’s enough things to be pissed about rather than worrying about Qlders having a giggle.

Do you think he is a good coach and that he could cut it as our coach? He has applied for a number of NRL coaching positions now and not been selected.

There is smiling and laughing after every single game. It is a method of releasing stress and to acknowledge your opposition on a job well done. I don't see any smiles in the dressing room after a loss. Stating that they don't care because of a laugh or two is childish in the extreme.
Yeah but not every team has dished out a month of footy like we have. A hand shake and a verbal good job is all that is required. It's not childish at all to think some of them in fact don't care the way you think they should. There is a lot more body language on the field telling me that some of them have attitude issues that need sorting. Off the field is just another symptom of on the field garbage. You may disagree.

I get you like the isc premiership but I don't think people put that in the same level as NRL premierships. Griffin has won premierships in QLD cup,along with coaches who are a lot worse. Rick stone has the best winning percentage of all time ikn the QLD cup I believe? RICK STONE... 2 years ago it was won by PNG, I doubt they have NRL level coaching and facilities?
Its a good 2nd tier competitions but their record in qld cup holds about as much weight to the argument of "premiership winning experience" as coaching the local under 9s to the trophy. You nonly have to look at Walters record in the ESL to see that, and that's hardly NRL level

I didn't compare them, I just corrected your error.

Having a laugh after a game means nothing. I played sub-districts cricket for a team that barely made triple figures as a team let alone one batsman. Most of our bowlers only got one bowl too. It was painful, it was tough and you hated it, but if you didn't have a laugh after the last ball was bowled you'd be seen as a bit of a prick.

I get that sub-districts cricket is far from the NRL premiership (although some players thought it was the Ashes!) but it's your attitude at training and not post a game, everyone handles losses (and bad losses at that) differently.

I didn't compare them, I just corrected your error.
You didn't "correct" my "error"?... Walter's has not won a premiership as a coach in the competition we are talking about. Should I have to clarify that by adding in QLD cup, nsw cup, under 6's, under 7s, under 8s, under 9s.......... and so on and so on. The topic was the NRL, you know, the competition the Broncos play in. I couldn't care if Walter's won 11 in a row in the QLD cup, Rick stone won one and many other much worse coaches before him. It is a 2nd tier competition with mostly semi-professionals who work another job throughout the week. It s a good place to cut your teeth but success in it holds absolutely zero weight to your resume in my eyes...

I get the whole 'it's just a game, can't take it too seriously' thing, and while I've always tried to have a bit of levity in me on the field, I'm also hyper-competitive. When I cross the barrier onto the field, it's sheep-stations, and I've not even a professional sportsman being paid 500k plus a year

Parra, Storm, Roosters. They're out there to win. If our guys aren't, get off the field. You can still be mates, but wait until after the broadcast to catch up. I know currently that's hard with Covid, but this has been a long-running thing with players in general. they get 40 put on them and for fans to see them laughing the second the whistle blows is very infuriating. If they are your mates, they'll understand if you need some time to cool off. And like I said, if you don't care and aren't angry or disappointed, then get out of my team

Last edited:
You didn't "correct" my "error"?... Walter's has not won a premiership as a coach in the competition we are talking about. Should I have to clarify that by adding in QLD cup, nsw cup, under 6's, under 7s, under 8s, under 9s.......... and so on and so on. The topic was the NRL, you know, the competition the Broncos play in. I couldn't care if Walter's won 11 in a row in the QLD cup, Rick stone won one and many other much worse coaches before him. It is a 2nd tier competition with mostly semi-professionals who work another job throughout the week. It s a good place to cut your teeth but success in it holds absolutely zero weight to your resume in my eyes...

Don't take it personally, it's his thing

Active Now

• Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Astro
  • Dony Eliakim
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • barker
  • Dash
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • Lurker
  • Allo
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.