NEWS Tallis: farking fark, etc

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Tallis coils out yet another turd in tomorrow's Sunday Mail. I can't be arsed paraphrasing the whole damn thing, because:

1. You've heard it all before.
2. You've heard it all before.
3. See above.

90ce3c7900a9b587c0215a86efa0cd87

Nonetheless, I know how you all enjoy reading him do his block at Seibold and the club, so here's a sample bag of his trademark shit to stink up your day:

"The fabric of the Brisbane Broncos was carefully crafted by many influential figures over the past 32 years. That fabric is now unravelling thread by thread. As each week passes, the Broncos lose another piece of their soul. "

"This is a club that has forgotten what it is. The Broncos have lost their identity and there are many reasons for it. "

"Current captain Alex Glenn has spoken about wanting the truth so here it is. There has been a concerted push from the powers within to disconnect Brisbane’s ex-players from the club. Many club legends have nothing to do with the Broncos anymore and it kills them to not be part of something they cherish so dearly."

"A rookie coach in Anthony Seibold with no NRL premiership success should not have been handed a five-year contract by CEO Paul White. "

"Kevin Walters should have been given the opportunity to succeed Wayne Bennett as coach because he is part of that fabric. He is the Broncos. The last time Anthony Milford played consistently good football was when Walters was guiding him at Red Hill as an assistant to Bennett.

B6daf0f2d0ddf4e20ec93714c122d90a

The gracefully aging bull.

"The players have lost their desire under Seibold and that was evident against the Knights. I will never criticise a player’s ability because they are born with that and can only physically do so much. What I will be critical of is their effort and that has been lacking for many recently.The fans are everyday people. They are tradies, nurses and teachers. They spend their days working hard and expect their team to do the same. The Broncos are missing that desire and also the players to make the club great again."

"Some teams can only succeed when they respect and honour the foundations they were built on. No one had a bigger impact at the Broncos than Allan Langer. He was the team joker and everyone’s friend, but when you got on the field you knew where you stood because of “Alfie”. He drove the Broncos’ standards. He would tell players to get off the field during a game if they weren’t performing. I wonder how many players would have got a tap on the shoulder from Alfie during the past four weeks. That was part of the Broncos fabric and like many other threads it is now gone."

Still, you know what they say about stopped clocks.

McHunt

Last edited:
I don't know about the old boys thing but some of his other criticism is fair enough. It actually seemed quite restrained for the knobhead legend. Isn't Alfie an old boy and isn't he on the field as much as the team? Surely he's already said everything to everyone who needs to hear it? I reckon we might be better off with someone from this forum, a true blue collar person on 50k a year coaching the Broncos. Yes, I'd put my hat in the ring too but we'd all hope someone else's name got pulled out🤣

Last edited:
I'd like to hear the thoughts of some of the other ex players on this issue ?

Where are all the interviews with them?
Shouldn't be too hard to find this one:

NRLRd3TitansvBroncosgTbIEj79Cidx

Last edited:
For someone who doesn’t want anything to do with the club, he sure carries on like a pork chop. The idiot should pay more attention to his adopted club who have been travelling much worse than us.
Mmmm, maybe historically but certainly not since the resumption ha ha. The Tits are smashing us there. *****.

Mmmm, maybe historically but certainly not since the resumption ha ha. The Tits are smashing us there. *****.
He’s been there five years now, I think they‘ve snuck into the finals once and got kicked out by us (they were ripped off, of course).

Gordon is deadset the biggest flog.
Go and look after your titans mate, they lost 20-8 today to another team that will be battling for the spoon.
We are all sick and tired of hearing the same old shit from you.
Move on, the club has and they clearly don’t want you anywhere near it - probably one of the very few things this club has actually got right.

I saw this article was from Tallis so skipped over it.

here's the thing ... Tallis doesn't give a flying **** about this club or it's culture, despite the fact that the club made him as a player and he's now using it to make him relevant in the media

it should be noted that Tallis reportedly has only been back to the club once since his retirement. he doesn't go to functions or old boys reunions. and recently when called out by Lodge to come down and help, we were effectively told to get fucked ...

yes, Tallis really loves this club ... he can go and get fucked

Last edited:
It would be interesting to ask some of the old boys what they thought about his non attendance at those functions if true and his general attitude towards the club. The old boys may not be happy with the current state of the club and feel it's their duty to do what they can to push for change, the difference is they care about the club, Gordy's only motivation is to get any satisfaction he can from the clubs expense.

Like most fans I'm angry .. I'm f*****g raging if truth be known ... and most of that is directed at our coach. But that's the thing, good or bad, he IS the coach .. not some has been burnout who's lurching around trying to perpetuate his "rag-doll" reputation. Seibold will stand or fall on the basis of results not the ravings of Tallis or anyone else. As for the "raging bull" ... anyone who comes a few rungs below Fletch and Hindy in the Fox pecking order is only qualified to comment on .. well .. erm .. bugger all really.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • davidp
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • Horseheadsup
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • kiwibronco
  • dirtyharry
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.