NEWS Tallis: not rubbing it in or anything

The titans dont learn. They put this much pressure on dave taylor as being a major signing and being a generational player, ash taylor being the next JT, announced hayne would be a game changer for them and now they seem to be repeating the same errors with fifita.

Tallis seems to fail to remember meninga had stuart, daley, mullins, clyde etc. around him too.

I have no doubt that dave will improve the titans and may help them win some games (like he has done for us) but in terms of making them a premiership force? Doubtful.

I agree. The Titans seem to believe that you can make a premiership winning team out of a bunch of talented individuals. I don't think you can. It's just not enough.

if you look at say the Roosters and Storm, they focused on building a team first, then recruited players who would best fit their coaching philosophy and methods. They turfed those who didn't or couldn't fit. (Maybe that's why they released Croft?)

Unless Holbrook adopts the same coaching philosophy as Robinson and Bellamy, relying on star players alone will fail. It also might adversely affect those stars as well with the pressure on them to perform.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Tmac
  • Nerd
  • Skathen
  • Browny
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Adammacca
  • Brocko
  • Ras
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Gympie devil
  • Johnny92
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.