VOTE TC ROBATI is BHQ's Player of Round 12

Who is your player of the Round (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I am so glad someone else called this out.
I was on the phone to my brother at the time who was watching the game and we both mentioned it.
Milf offered turps a hand up, and Turps didn't even look at him and got himself up off the ground, was a very telling moment and me and my brother discussed the apparent animosity in that small action.

No way was that unintentional by Turps, that was as you said, a straight cold shoulder.
Childish AF by Turps the captain.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Childish AF by Turps the captain.
Maybe, but there is a reason for it.
It speaks of instability in the group, a lack of respect/friendship amongst other things.

I also think that if one of my coworkers was making 3 times as much money as me, and putting in 3 times less effort, that would build up some level of resentment over time.

Not saying what Turps did was right, but it was a very telling gesture for sure.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
The entire team was terrible in attack, Turps however, was a machine in defense.
He made some errors in defense as well, but so did the entire team and Turps busted his guts out in that game.
There is a reason get got Bronco player of the match.
I wouldn’t be crowing about a bloke who got the team’s MOTM in a hiding.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Maybe, but there is a reason for it.
It speaks of instability in the group, a lack of respect/friendship amongst other things.

I also think that if one of my coworkers was making 3 times as much money as me, and putting in 3 times less effort, that would build up some level of resentment over time.

Not saying what Turps did was right, but it was a very telling gesture for sure.
I wouldn't say that it is representative of the whole playing group, rather it may be more associated with Turps (who has been given extra responsibility as the captain) being genuinely pissed off at Milf. I think Turps also went in to bat for Milf during his pressers through the week.

I think the team has genuinely been playing for each other this year compared to last year.

We are finally through the hardest part of our draw given all the top 4 teams that we have played, so hopefully the team still has some belief in each other, because if they turn up for games in the same way they have for penrith, roosters, etc. then there will definitely be more success to come.

Unfortunately even though the draw is easing up, based on opposition, we are still being screwed over by the venue.

I think if we were playing dragons and canberra at suncorp rather than away then both are definitely winnable. I think both are still winnable, but having to play away makes it much harder for us. Also we are playing Canberra after they've had a bye and down in Canberra, which is likely to be -1 degrees, because of course we would have to play in Canberra at 7:30 on a Saturday night 🙄 🙄

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Turpin gets it purely for cold shouldering Milf when the half time whistle went.

I don't know if anyone saw it but the Storm player tackled him, ref blew half time and Milf walked over to Turpin to offer him a hand.

Turpin completely ignored it and the Storm tackler helped him back up.
Nothing in that. Here's the sequence in play.

**** me, our attack. Milford has his back to Turpin. Palasia is offside.

ScreenScreenshot 2021 05 29 141557

ScreenScreenshot 2021 05 29 141729

Kafusi (ex teammate from Turp's Melbourne days) was lifting him up from underneath.

ScreenScreenshot 2021 05 29 141810
ScreenScreenshot 2021 05 29 141842

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Round 12's debutant TC ROBATI is BHQ's Player of the Round. TEVITA PANGAI JR remains top of the leaderboard.

BHQ Best 12

LEADERBOARD

Tevita Pangai Junior
355​
Payne Haas
307​
Herbie Farnworth
182​
Jamayne Isaako
181​
Matthew Lodge
157​
Jake Turpin
101​
David Mead
87​
Tyson Gamble
76​
Xavier Coates
68​
Anthony Milford
62​
Jordan Riki
59​
Corey Oates
57​
Tesi Niu
35​
TC Robati
30​
Brodie Croft
28​
Rhys Kennedy
25​
Albert Kelly
21​
Tom Dearden
18​
John Asiata
17​
Thomas Flegler
15​
Kobe Hetherington
15​
Ethan Bullemor
11​
Jesse Arthars
11​
Ben Te'o
7​
Patrick Carrigan
5​
Alex Glenn
3​
Richard Kennar
2​
Danny Levi
2​
Keenan Palasia
2​

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Definitely a troll vote, he was okay but he was voted because he was new and shiny.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Behold
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Maroon4life
  • Xzei
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncoFan94
  • Manlyman
  • Griffo
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.