OFFICIAL Te Maire Martin Signs Three Year Deal with the Warriors

TMM is the Labuschagne of the Broncos- I watched his ISC games and thought he's ok but he's not doing much but he needed a higher level and since then he's become confident and happy.

What's he like when it swings off the pitch?

Badel saying it's two years.
That’s more appropriate. Especially if we move on some of our spot wasters like Kelly, Gamble, Turpin, Niu,, Wlaters. 1 or 2 of these type of players are good for depth but 6 of them is bad roster management.

He also achieved this, whatever it actually means:

Attachments

• 3DDA464E-0438-47C7-9213-40E5388C115F.jpeg
    3DDA464E-0438-47C7-9213-40E5388C115F.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 152
That’s more appropriate. Especially if we move on some of our spot wasters like Kelly, Gamble, Turpin, Niu,, Wlaters. 1 or 2 of these type of players are good for depth but 6 of them is bad roster management.
I think there’s next to no chance that Kelly gets re-signed. I’d be surprised if we retain Turpin - but we still need somebody at 9 (whether as depth or a starter as the current Paix/Walters seems to be all we have, unless Mozer comes in as depth. There’s a chance that Mead will also finish up after this season.

Do Gamble and Niu both have contracts for 23?

I think there’s next to no chance that Kelly gets re-signed. I’d be surprised if we retain Turpin - but we still need somebody at 9 (whether as depth or a starter as the current Paix/Walters seems to be all we have, unless Mozer comes in as depth. There’s a chance that Mead will also finish up after this season.

Do Gamble and Niu both have contracts for 23?
both off contract end of 2023;

here is our current movements for the end of this year

Capture bro

He also achieved this, whatever it actually means:
It means how many metres they cover while at high speed, so basically, how much metres they're in "Sprint" mode rather than just casual jogging back and forth. Usually a very good indicator of fitness or at least how many high intensity efforts they make.

We should sit down and talk towards the end of the year, not after a couple of games.
Yeah we could do that, but as others have pointed out we should have made a play at Hynes before he established himself as a star.
So yes we could wait, but if TMM continues to get better as we hope he does, there's a good chance his value goes up and we'll all be saying "why didn't we sign him on the cheap when we could have?"

Look I am happy with a 3 years 300k deal, that is below NRL average salary right? I wouldn't mind the third year being a club option.

I just find it funny that basically an extension COULD BE imminent...well isn't this true with ANY player that isn't retired or already signed elsewhere?

Yeah we could do that, but as others have pointed out we should have made a play at Hynes before he established himself as a star.
So yes we could wait, but if TMM continues to get better as we hope he does, there's a good chance his value goes up and we'll all be saying "why didn't we sign him on the cheap when we could have?"

On the flip side to that argument though we could give him a decent 2 or 3 year deal and his form could fall off a cliff. Then people will be complaining about that. I think we give out contracts too easily and thats why our cap is a mess. If he isnt prepared to wait after we have given him this lifeline then so be it. I wouldnt even be looking at it for another 5 or 6 games minimum.

I really didn’t see him doing much at all, let alone playing in the NRL again and holding down the fullback spot. He’s done very well to just be playing again.

On the flip side to that argument though we could give him a decent 2 or 3 year deal and his form could fall off a cliff. Then people will be complaining about that. I think we give out contracts too easily and thats why our cap is a mess. If he isnt prepared to wait after we have given him this lifeline then so be it. I wouldnt even be looking at it for another 5 or 6 games minimum.
hope he keeps improving offers so much of what we have been missing from the back and would like to see him kick start his career again here.

We should sit down and talk towards the end of the year, not after a couple of games.
It's tricky because if you lock him in for an extension now you might be able to $50-$100,000 that you might otherwise have to fork out later if he puts together a really strong rest of the season. It's a calculated gamble the club's football brainstrust are employed to make.

TMM is the Labuschagne of the Broncos- I watched his ISC games and thought he's ok but he's not doing much but he needed a higher level and since then he's become confident and happy.
If he can emulate Marnie he`ll do alright .

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.