OFFICIAL Te Maire Martin Signs Three Year Deal with the Warriors

I'm not sold on Walsh, we need that stabalising calmness and direction provided by TMM at the back, something both Tesi and Walsh don't seem to offer.
It's Reynolds job to provide that. We need an attacking spark at the back. Obviously we need Walsh to improve on the defensive side of things which he should improve on with the right coaching, but you can't fault the blokes effort, he is always competing, which is something that can't be taught.

I'm just surprised how he managed to go to fullback and play there like he has been there all his career, the moment we signed Walsh there was no room for him here but Warriors probably isn't the best choice either, they lack in the halves and in fullback, even signing CNK I think he would be the better fullback(he can't even make Canberra's 17) but in the Halves he would probably be the 7, though his kicking game hasn't really been tested.

Surprised Dolphins didn't go hard for him, their spine looks worse then useless atm, or atleast Newcastle who need a half or someone who can go to fullback to allow Ponga to make the switch.
They've got that young Volkman coming through, so with CNK and TMM he'll have a couple of cool heads around him... although they arent explosive attacking threats so it will be interesting to see where their points come from (they're all coming from Walsh at the moment).

I think warriors have recruited pretty well for next year, on top of those two they also have Dylan Walker coming as a link man middle and Niukore from parra

If Walsh has the right attitude and work ethic he can definitely replicate what TMM offers us, with the added bonus of a deadly running game.

what we need to do is have Walsh have intensive training sessions with both Boyd and Reynolds.

Reynolds said about TMM:

“He is smart and an extra set of eyes for myself,” Reynolds said.

“We talk a fair bit on the field about trying to break teams down and what they’re doing.

“He is a calming influence. He is an integral part of the team.”

so Reynolds needs to work on building something similar with Walsh.

we need Boyd to teach Walsh on organising the defense effectively

If Walsh has the right attitude and work ethic he can definitely replicate what TMM offers us, with the added bonus of a deadly running game.

what we need to do is have Walsh have intensive training sessions with both Boyd and Reynolds.

Reynolds said about TMM:

“He is smart and an extra set of eyes for myself,” Reynolds said.

“We talk a fair bit on the field about trying to break teams down and what they’re doing.

“He is a calming influence. He is an integral part of the team.”

so Reynolds needs to work on building something similar with Walsh.

we need Boyd to teach Walsh on organising the defense effectively

I think Lockey would fit as a good mentor for Walsh. Both dynamic players. Boyd was more passive and structured.

I think Lockey would fit as a good mentor for Walsh. Both dynamic players. Boyd was more passive and structured.
If Lockyer was a good mentor Isaako, Niu, MILF would have flourished by now. By their fruits you will know them, a bad tree can not bear good fruits. Lockyer is like Michael Jordan, great player but shit at managing and shit at coaching.

TMM ended his Broncos career in hospital with a small Pneumothorax (collapsed lung) after copping a hit to the back on Saturday. he was unable to fly back to Brisbane.

Broncos Head Of Performance Dave Ballard says.

“Te Maire spent some time in emergency where tests confirmed a small Pneumothorax, or collapsed lung, which prevented him from flying back with the team yesterday morning,’’ Broncos Head Of Performance Dave Ballard said.

“Te Maire’s symptoms stabilised and he was driven home to Brisbane by a Bronco staff member yesterday, and he is now resting and recovering.

“We will continue to monitor him to ensure his recovery remains on track.”

If Lockyer was a good mentor Isaako, Niu, MILF would have flourished by now. By their fruits you will know them, a bad tree can not bear good fruits. Lockyer is like Michael Jordan, great player but shit at managing and shit at coaching.
Wally Lewis was another one. Great player (perhaps the greatest).......could not coach or manage a team for shit.

I don't think Locky would make a good teacher, but I don't recall Locky mentoring any of them. Milford refused his help and I don't recall ever seeing him work with Isaako and Niu.

I don't think Locky would make a good teacher, but I don't recall Locky mentoring any of them. Milford refused his help and I don't recall ever seeing him work with Isaako and Niu.
Can we put this to bed please? Locky is not part of the coaching staff, he is not employed to be a mentor to players. He is a member of the Board that is his role. The management and running of the football team and traditionally a member of the Board should not be heavily involved in operational matters.

Remarkable effort from Te Maire. I thought that was one of the best efforts of the first half to get the ball into the field of play and he paid the price.

Also puts into context why the attack fell apart when the team had momentum.

Yeah I'm bit the same, but it will be interesting to see how Walsh goes with Reynolds.

Walsh coming here knows he doesnt have to be the man, unlike what he's doing at warriors, so it will be interesting to see how he slots into the backline movements.

A part of good backline movements is knowing exactly where your next outside man is so you can fire it along without thinking... I think one of the commentators commented on Tesi against roosters about balls going to ground and he needs to be aware of that and get himself up to where Reynolds is passing it.

It could be that Reynolds feels comfortable with TMM because he's always in the right spot... If Walsh can do that as well, then it could mean we have a more explosive fullback than TMM which wont be a bad thing.

The big thing for Walsh though is defence and organising our defensive line.

If he can do that on top of what we know he can do with ball in hand then he could look a completely different player in a functioning team with one of the best managing halfbacks leading them around.

Reynolds also threw passes at / to TMM that hit the ground as well .
The common denominator Rendiggity . He was ordinary from mid season .

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.