Team changes for game 2

We have so many players who won't do anything. Cooper, Glasby, Hess, Kaufusi and Wallace all have zero impact at NRL level, let alone Origin! The only way we win this year is if we make the correct selections and Kevin Walters has fucked it. I never want him involved at the Broncos because the bloke has no clue.

Milf was the perfect utility imo. Milf's nuggety little runs up the middle were exactly what we needed. He just needed some more minutes. The type of run where he scored his try last Saturday night.

If Ponga comes on at utility, he'll just jink about and be easily contained at rep level. Milf is a lot more robust and hard to tackle in centre field.

Last edited:
Hess. Glasby.
But no room for Offa.

Scandalous!

Hell, I’d put Oates on the bench as a second rower ahead of Hess. Oates is in bullocking form right now (in fact, he’s never been out of form with respect to the strength of his carries), whereas Hess scored some tries in a team that was absolutely dominating well over 12 months ago and hasn’t done anything since. Not least of all in Origin.

Boy I hope I’m wrong, but I reckon we’ll get pumped by more than we did in game I.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll get beaten again here, especially at Sydney. Hopefully some of these forwards fire up after last game, especially Wallace, who has been rubbish for QLD in his 3 games.

Relax guys, it's Queensland, they still have enough champions to know this won't be a pushover.

1. Slater
3. Inglis
5. Gagai
6. Munster
13. McGuire

15. Papalii

These guys are still absolute guns. The rest just need to do their job.

Relax guys, it's Queensland, they still have enough champions to know this won't be a pushover.

1. Slater
3. Inglis
5. Gagai
6. Munster
13. McGuire

15. Papalii

These guys are still absolute guns. The rest just need to do their job.

I'd say our entire back 7 is quality, just some of them had pretty poor games. It's our forward pack that worries me a lot, NSW could roll it again and create room for Cook and Tedesco to do all sorts of 18+ penetrating like last time.

That said, my team would have been:

1. Slater (Holmes if Slater injured)
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Milford
8. Napa
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Cooper
12. Kaufusi
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Papalii
16. Hess
17. Ofahenguae

I'd say our entire back 7 is quality, just some of them had pretty poor games. It's our forward pack that worries me a lot, NSW could roll it again and create room for Cook and Tedesco to do all sorts of 18+ penetrating like last time.

Of course you are right but the thing a lot of people forget that Qld dominated large parts of last game and Chambers will never play a worse game in his life. It isn't all doom and gloom.

Regarding Ponga, I dunno if he's ready yet either - it's his first real season. But he's a massive talent, and he's already pretty much the one with most responsibility in the Newcastle side with Pearce out injured.

Milf cops it pretty unfairly for his Origin stints IMO. Used in completely the wrong way.
Absolutely! What did they expect he’d do with 10-15 minutes left when we’re on the back foot...?

I still can’t get over dropping Oates last year either. One of the only good performers in a badly beaten team and he gets the chop.

Strange times.

I like Ponga in the 17, however I really do hope Kevvie uses him.
Poor Milf got what 15mins in game 1..? He needed to be brought on in the last 10mins of the first half to run a muck when we were on top, but wasn't and I hope they don't fail Ponga in a similar way.
Lets not forget Milf also saved a certain try in game 1, outside of that he wasn't given too much of an opportunity, but I do believe Ponga deserves a spot.
I just hope they use him correctly.

That's the problem with the 'spark' bench utility in Origin, unless injury forces an early change. When the team is ahead they don't want to use him because everything is working well. Most often he only sees action in the dying stages chasing points. For every time it works (I'm thinking of the Matt Bowen intercept match winner) there's plenty of others where it doesn't have any effect at all. I'd have much rather seen Oates on the bench to cover the outside backs but otherwise come on as a forward interchange.

Look, it's Queensland, so I'm not going to write them off. And NSW still have a decade plus of being used to being beaten and losing these series-deciding games to get over psychologically, so there's also every chance that they choke on the night.

reeks of listening to the media when making selections ... they should never be a factor in selections

Cameron Smith did say yesterday that he should be picked. He knows more than anyone here.

Milf cops it pretty unfairly for his Origin stints IMO. Used in completely the wrong way.

Well, the only right way to use him right now would be to have him play Munster's role IMO, but Munster is undoubtedly the better player at the moment.

That's the problem with the 'spark' bench utility in Origin, unless injury forces an early change. When the team is ahead they don't want to use him because everything is working well. Most often he only sees action in the dying stages chasing points. For every time it works (I'm thinking of the Matt Bowen intercept match winner) there's plenty of others where it doesn't have any effect at all. I'd have much rather seen Oates on the bench to cover the outside backs but otherwise come on as a forward interchange.

One example, Hunt in Game 3 2017.

He didn't come on until the final 10 minutes and by that time the game was already over and he did very little because not enough time.

If Ponga is going to play, he must be used at the back end of each half when the forwards are tiring. Not the way Milford and Hunt were used.

Well, the only right way to use him right now would be to have him play Munster's role IMO, but Munster is undoubtedly the better player at the moment.

He was just a stupid selection imo. I'm in the have Oates on the bench camp. Could do a stint in the forwards and provides more than adequate cover for the backs.

I think the Ponga selection indicates that Slater is a chance of not playing and even if he does, won't be 100%. Which isn't surprising given he's had like 4-5weeks off.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Tim K
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • kiwi2
  • kman
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Robboi_321
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.