10. Mcguire
11. Cooper
12. Kaufusi
13. Arrow

14. Oates
15. Hess
16. Papalii
17. Ofahenguae

Who would have thought that 12 months ago.

I reckon Ponga gets battered in Origin. Not the silver bullet a lot of people say he is.

Personally, I'd love to see what he can do with some quality around him. He's carrying the Knights atm.....wouldn't mind seeing what he could do without that responsibility.

That said if Slater is right, you pick him. If not, Ponga as should have been the case game 1

Last edited:
Depending on other injuries, this is starting to look likely:

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Inglis (c)
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Hunt
8. Wallace
9. McCullough
10. Mcguire
11. Cooper
12. Kaufusi
13. Arrow

14. Oates
15. Hess
16. Papalii
17. Ofahenguae

That's a tiny forward pack. Not sure what other options we have though. Could struggle to give guys like ponga the time and space he needs to be a threat.

Confirmed broken jaw for RCG. He will be out for 4-6 weeks.

Latrell Mitchell is all good and free to play.

Dylan Napa has suffered a syndesmosis injury and won't be able to recover in time for Game 2.

Depending on other injuries, this is starting to look likely:

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Inglis (c)
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Hunt
8. Wallace
9. McCullough
10. Mcguire
11. Cooper
12. Kaufusi
13. Arrow

14. Oates
15. Hess
16. Papalii
17. Ofahenguae

Walters said that Slater will be named at fullback and the storm have said he will be fine for game 2

Dylan Napa all good apparently.

He has suffered minor ligament damage and is expected to play.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/16...utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent

Gold Coast Titans forward Ryan James is one of three new players called in the NSW Blues squad that will attempt to win the Holden State of Origin series at ANZ Stadium next Sunday night.
Cronulla Sharks prop Matt Prior and Sydney Roosters half Luke Keary have also been added to a 20-man squad that will assemble in Sydney on Sunday night.

The only player missing from the team that scored a 22-12 win over Queensland in the series opener at the MCG on June 6 is Reagan Campbell-Gillard. The Panthers prop suffered a broken jaw in Friday night's match against the Sydney Roosters.
NSW centre Latrell Mitchell will need to prove his fitness after suffering a neck injury on Friday night, while the remainder of the squad will also need to prove they got through their weekend matches in the Telstra Premiership unscathed.

Nick Cotric - who was the 18th man for the Blues in game one - has been left out of the squad for game two.

NSW squad: Josh Addo-Carr, Nathan Cleary, Damien Cook, Boyd Cordner, Angus Crichton, Jack De Belin, Tyson Frizell, Ryan James, Luke Keary, David Klemmer, James Maloney, Latrell Mitchell, Tyrone Peachey, Matt Prior, James Roberts, Tariq Sims, James Tedesco, Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic, Paul Vaughan.

Morgan ruled out for the series.

Number 7 for game 2 - Johnathon Thurston, just wait, I reckon it'll happen.

Morgan ruled out for the series.

Number 7 for game 2 - Johnathon Thurston, just wait, I reckon it'll happen.

That'd be great.. if he was good.

He's not good anymore, bringing him back would be a disservice to him, and more importantly Queensland.

With Morgan out it seems pretty obvious what the G2 team will be, whether we like it or not -

1. Slater
2. Holmes
3. Inglis (c)
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Hunt
8. Napa
9. McCullough
10. Wallace
11. Cooper
12. Kaufusi
13. McGuire

14. Milford/Ponga
15. Hess/Glasby/Ofahengaue
16. Arrow/Glasby/Ofahengaue
17. Papalii

Ponga can't be utility. He's not up to defending in the front line.

Last edited:
I really do think the bench should be:

14. Oates
15. Hess
16. Papalii
17. Ofahengaue

No point playing a Milford/Ponga utility, the forward pack isn't good enough to provide that space for that kind of player, Oates can cover a backline injury or be used as a free runner / second-rower, perfect hybrid bench player at that level.

I wonder what will happen when he goes on. Surely he can't defend in the front line. Does Slater go to hooker or something?

I wonder what will happen when he goes on. Surely he can't defend in the front line. Does Slater go to hooker or something?

I'd say he defends on the left wing with Holmes at left centre and Inglis 1 further in, won't be that bad, in attack he'll just be a secondary floating Fullback/Five-Eighth like Milford attempted to do in game 1, except hopefully better.

Kev better manage the interchange better this time, cost QLD the game - or at least a chance of winning it when it was open to do so.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • marw
  • Broncorob
  • Mustafur
  • Justwin
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Jedhead
  • jd87
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • broncoscope
  • MrMoore
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.