Team changes for game 2

Scott has been pretty awful this year.

You're right, but the way I see it, he doesn't have to do much to do better than someone like Wallace or Hess has been doing up front. I wouldn't put it past him to really lift for QLD.

You're right, but the way I see it, he doesn't have to do much to do better than someone like Wallace or Hess has been doing up front. I wouldn't put it past him to really lift for QLD.

Can see where you are coming from but his defence has been just awful this year. Struggling to keep up with the play. I think he'd get horribly exposed in Origin like Myles was in Game 1 last year.

Can see where you are coming from but his defence has been just awful this year. Struggling to keep up with the play. I think he'd get horribly exposed in Origin like Myles was in Game 1 last year.

His defence hasn't been as bad as people make out. They have been exaggerating it a little bit.

He averages 23.9 tackles a game missing an average of 2.3 missed tackles. He's been averaging 87.83% tackle efficiency which isn't that bad.

When you compare it to Napa, averaging 24.69 tackles a game missing an average of 2.84 missed tackles. He's been averaging 84.01% tackle efficiency in the same amount of games.

Stats don't tell the whole story, but he hasn't been as bad as people think.

Mixed on Scott. Watched a Cowboys match about a month ago and he looked pretttty slow. Hard to miss a tackle when you're not back in the defensive line to make one.

His experience could be useful. But wouldn't play him for say, more than 15 mins at the start and another really small stint. Too risky with Cook etc sniffing. You'd have to think he'd manage more carries than Wallace though.

Ofahengaue is a must IMO. Massive motor.

Suspected torn Bicep for Morgan.

He could play on, although there wouldn't be as much strength there. But if he is forced to get surgery, that's him gone for Origin.

Morgan will be a huge loss and what little hope we have of saving the series went with him. I am a fan and think he's a cut above and he reminds me of Jason Smith from a few years ago. Not the recent version ha ha.

Ponga surely has to be in the 17 now ?

Where do you play him though? He's the most talented fullback in the NRL, but he'll probably get found out anywhere else. Do you take Slater off for him?

Dylan Napa just came off the field injured.

RCG suspected broken jaw.

Suspected syndesmosis injury for Napa.

Latrell Mitchell being taken off by medi-cab.

Neck things are always scary, but he was still moving which is good.

Ponga is absolute must. The guys a freak, a level above and we need points scorers. What I love about his play is his selflessness, he makes others look good. I have a feeling SOO2 will be the beginnings of a superstar rep career.

Ponga is absolute must. The guys a freak, a level above and we need points scorers. What I love about his play is his selflessness, he makes others look good. I have a feeling SOO2 will be the beginnings of a superstar rep career.

He looks like he could be better than Slater at the moment, I dunno if he's ready for Origin, but he could be a lock in for a long time for us.

If Slater doesn’t play this weekend then call it now. Don’t need a replay of last time with a shuffle last minute. Ponga to fullback.

RCG broken jaw..mmmmm. Napa injured...mmmm. Latrell Mitchell stretchered off...mmmm. SOO2 is going to look different this time round.Oh, forgot Morgan !

Last edited:
I reckon Ponga gets battered in Origin. Not the silver bullet a lot of people say he is.

I reckon Ponga gets battered in Origin. Not the silver bullet a lot of people say he is.
Mm, not sure about that. When origin was at it's most brutal Allan Langer couldn't grow facial hair yet he thrived. Ponga's been playing in the top grade and heavily spotted and targeted yet he thrives, leading stats and lead the Dally M when it went dark so the evidence says otherwise. Not saying you're wrong but I think he'd be great in origin. It's not the headhigh bashathon it used to be.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Bish
  • broncotville
  • Skyblues87
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • MrMoore
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • johnyE
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.