Team changes for game 2

We need to limit the damage by Tadesco and Cook . Granville or DCE in to replace McCullough or share the dummy half duties with him. Millford out. Thats it. We were not that far off the pace last night so the rest of the boys deserve another shot.

All we need to do is hit and stick when we make tackles and wrap up the ball.

We won't have to worry about Tedesco much if we do that.

We need to hype up Hayne and Dugan and Ferguson and Woods so hopefully they get picked again.

We need to hype up Hayne and Dugan and Ferguson and Woods so hopefully they get picked again.
Probably need that virus to strike camp to get us fired up as well.

We need to limit the damage by Tadesco and Cook . Granville or DCE in to share the dmmy haldf duties with McCullough . Millford out. Thats it. We were not that far off the pace last night so the rest of the boys deserve another shot.

What cook did out of dummy half to set up their first try was very fast. I just can't see Macca ever doing something like that.

I'll have to force myself to sit through it again but I didn't think Kaufusi was that bad, in fact for most of the game he looked like the only forward to half break the line. He might have missed more tackles than I thought. Wallace was terrible and Napa was considerably better but that doesn't mean he was good, my early estimates of Napa flattered him a bit. Unless Wallace has a blinder I'm ok with him missing out. Joffa is certainly in better form. I'd get Ponga into fullback if Slater again fails to train. I don't think Gillett should be considered, clubland is the place to be coming back to full contact. Like others have said, we are closer to a win than most thought prior to game 1.

I said once that Brisbane will never win a premiership with Ben Hunt at halfback and McCullough at hooker.

I know what you're automatically gonna say but just shut the **** up for a sec... I never said they wouldn't come close.

I'm saying it now too...QLD will never win a series with those two at halfback and hooker.

Which is not to say either of those guys don't have a place in the side.

Changes need to be made but I don't know whom or where.

Not many changes need to be made.

Slater comes back in, I would bring Scott back in as well for his experience and leadership. Club form means jack shit at Origin level.

We lacked a bit of polish in our attack, but the biggest problem was the defence. We were too focused on big hits rather than making sure we aren't bouncing off tackles and giving NSW chances to offload and pass the ball around.

If our defence was spot on, we very likely win last night.

Wholesale knee-jerk reactions would be exactly what NSW did during our period of dominance. We already have pretty much the strongest team we can pick, it's just a matter of making it work. Despite being completely out-classed, we dominated them for large periods of the game, but lost the game on one or two momentum shifts which gave them the ascendancy just long enough for their class to come through.

It really just comes down to one or two key players coming back. Morgan came very close to cracking them down the middle a few times after being put in to gaps with short passes. The exact same passes went to Tedesco and he got through. Maybe with Slater there, we get through too? I don't think our pack needs changes - we had momentum and field position, and were bashing the shit out of them, containing them well. We were let down by Chambers' multiple brain farts and Kaufusi's shocking arm grabs. Those two won't play that badly again.

Wholesale knee-jerk reactions would be exactly what NSW did during our period of dominance. We already have pretty much the strongest team we can pick, it's just a matter of making it work. Despite being completely out-classed, we dominated them for large periods of the game, but lost the game on one or two momentum shifts which gave them the ascendancy just long enough for their class to come through.

It really just comes down to one or two key players coming back. Morgan came very close to cracking them down the middle a few times after being put in to gaps with short passes. The exact same passes went to Tedesco and he got through. Maybe with Slater there, we get through too? I don't think our pack needs changes - we had momentum and field position, and were bashing the shit out of them, containing them well. We were let down by Chambers' multiple brain farts and Kaufusi's shocking arm grabs. Those two won't play that badly again.
Well put mate

I'm not arguing here but could you save me a little time and tell me where ( time on video ) Kaufusi made those shocking arm grabs, I just didn't notice it that much during the game.

I'm not arguing here but could you save me a little time and tell me where ( time on video ) Kaufusi made those shocking arm grabs, I just didn't notice it that much during the game.

Just watch the highlights package and look at pretty much every one of NSW's line breaks (except for Tedesco's one towards the end).

NSW's first try, Cook took off from dummy half and Kaufusi's poor attempt resulted in Cook going straight through and NSW score.

NSW's third try, Kaufusi's poor attempt at tackle resulted in Tedesco going straight through and putting NSW in the position for Trbojevic to score on the next play.

There were other moments where Kaufusi had came up with some very ordinary attempts at tackle.

He is usually quite a good defender, but he was poor on Wednesday night. I would still have him in the side, though.

Well he made one very poor attempt on Cook that led directly to teddy line break and turbo's try on the next play... not the first try btw. I don't blame kaufusi for that one, McGuire was running back to the line which put kaufusi under huge pressure against a small quick man with a lot of space to work in.

But the poor attempt to wrap up Cook on a nothing run out of dummy half led directly to an offload to teddy who busted through. Quick play Maloney kicks to turbo and try.

Without going through all the footage there is a chance most of his missed tackles were caused by Latrell (who was on his side) running across field with his arm out like a bumper bar. Difficult to make good contact when the opposing runner won't come forward to initiate it.

The real defensive concern for me was Munster who looked and absolute liability out there... slightest bit of footwork from anyone and he was sprawled on the ground clutching at air.

Frizzell stepped past him easily numerous times

I don't blame kaufusi for that one, McGuire was running back to the line which put kaufusi under huge pressure against a small quick man with a lot of space to work in.

He ran straight at Kaufusi.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • Lozza
  • Jazza
  • Scorchie
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lurker
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Manifesto
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Cavalo
  • LittleDavey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.