OFFICIAL TEAM UPDATE. MAD MONDAY FOREVER

A SATISFYING END

SEPTEMBER 4
Latest updates on fresh injuries and charges in post below.

INJURED

LATEST JUDICIARY

Jensen is a big loss up front. The drag queens will be licking their lips.
Huge loss, predict we'll see Willison, Kennedy and *gulp* James, called up. Hopefully Flegler is actually 19th Man or we've lost basically our entire first pick prop rotation.

Huge loss, predict we'll see Willison, Kennedy and *gulp* James, called up. Hopefully Flegler is actually 19th Man or we've lost basically our entire first pick prop rotation.
Somebody needs to point out the stupidity of having Flegs named at 18th man to Billy. Why change now? Why remove Deardon whose team have a bye (I believe)?. I thought Billy wanted to see ALL Queensland teams do well. If he really means this he should be including the Broncos into the list of Cowboys, Titans and Storm.

Somebody needs to point out the stupidity of having Flegs named at 18th man to Billy. Why change now? Why remove Deardon whose team have a bye (I believe)?. I thought Billy wanted to see ALL Queensland teams do well. If he really means this he should be including the Broncos into the list of Cowboys, Titans and Storm.
I would have Oates at 18 - which wouldn't help the Broncos either, unfortunately.

I would have Oates at 18 - which wouldn't help the Broncos either, unfortunately.
Billy needs to stop dicking around and get the 18th man sorted where it has the least negative impact on Queensland teams.

It's quite disgraceful that this point even needs to be raised.

Arrow was game one not Dearden.

I never said he wasn't. Arrow is now in the team proper which would suggest Deardon keeps the 18th man spot.

I thought you meant why remove Dearden as in he's had it for the first two games. Sorry.

Queensland have always rotated it to get three guys experience, not that Arrow needed the experience.

I think too you need to pick an 18th man and assume you're going to use him- if you pick Walker and then have to use him you can look pretty stupid assuming he wasn't ever going to play. They might feel Flegler is the best chance of being used.

Billy needs to stop dicking around and get the 18th man sorted where it has the least negative impact on Queensland teams.

It's quite disgraceful that this point even needs to be raised.
The Broncos roster isn't his problem. His own job/credibility is on the line. Just be thankful we have Oates and Staggs.

The Broncos roster isn't his problem. His own job/credibility is on the line. Just be thankful we have Oates and Staggs.
But there is no need to make Flegs unavailable to us unless he seriously is thinking of going into origin 3 with a forward as the 18th man. If he is, he's dumber than what I give him credit for.

It’s absurd that a club loses a player for a weekend game so he can be 18th man in origin on Wednesday with very little chance of actually playing, particularly when we have origin players backing up for club games 2 days later. I don’t remember it ever happening that way until the last few years. They should be released & can return to camp after club commitments.

In while you were sleeping news, suspensions are really down this year. Here's our judiciary report for 2022, so far. Only 4 players suspended. 2 (Haas & Kelly) for misconduct off the field. 1 (Piakura), carried over from last year (@1910 says it was already served). So basically, it's all Tommy T Flegler:

• Brendan Piakura (suspended Round 1 — previous suspension)
  • Thomas Flegler (suspended Rounds 1-3 — previous suspension)
  • Thomas Flegler (Round 4 — Dangerous Contact, $1000 fine)
  • Thomas Flegler (suspended Round 5-6 — Dangerous Contact)
  • Payne Haas (suspended Round 6 — breach notice)
  • Albert Kelly (suspended Round 6 — breach notice)
  • Kobe Hetherington (Round 6 — Contrary Conduct, $1000 fine)
  • Thomas Flegler (Round 12 — Dangerous Contact, $3000 fine)
  • Jordan Riki (Round 12 — Dangerous Contact, $1000 fine)

It’s absurd that a club loses a player for a weekend game so he can be 18th man in origin on Wednesday with very little chance of actually playing, particularly when we have origin players backing up for club games 2 days later. I don’t remember it ever happening that way until the last few years. They should be released & can return to camp after club commitments.
Yeah I don't see why they can't play this weekend, then if they're required to play origin just give them the following game off instead.

But as usual, it's the NRL so rules are brought in with no thought for ramifications.

In while you were sleeping news, suspensions are really down this year. Here's our judiciary report for 2022, so far. Only 4 players suspended. 2 (Haas & Kelly) for misconduct off the field. 1 (Piakura), carried over from last year (@1910 says it was already served). So basically, it's all Tommy T Flegler:

• Brendan Piakura (suspended Round 1 — previous suspension)
  • Thomas Flegler (suspended Rounds 1-3 — previous suspension)
  • Thomas Flegler (suspended Round 5-6 — Dangerous Contact)
  • Payne Haas (suspended Round 6 — breach notice)
  • Albert Kelly (suspended Round 6 — breach notice)
  • Kobe Hetherington (Round 6 — Contrary Conduct, $1000 fine)
  • Thomas Flegler (Round 12 — Dangerous Contact, $3000 fine)It's
  • Jordan Riki (Round 12 — Dangerous Contact, $1000 fine)

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

I will try again- suspended for two weeks against Sharks- missed Knights and Jets last round of NRL and QRL- Keep up that's two games if you're counting along at home.

Then played QRL finals- Tweed and Bears.

Missed his two games.

I will try again- suspended for two weeks against Sharks- missed Knights and Jets last round of NRL and QRL- Keep up that's two games if you're counting along at home.

Missed his two games.
Goodness me, I even credited you for saying that and posted the source that was widely circulated and quoted in the press. What more can I do to make you happy?

Missed his two games.
😂 You're having a shocker this morning matey.

Yeah I don't see why they can't play this weekend, then if they're required to play origin just give them the following game off instead.

But as usual, it's the NRL so rules are brought in with no thought for ramifications.
I don’t understand why the clubs accept it, it’s a needless indulgence, it doesn’t make any sense.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Dash
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrMoore
  • GCBRONCO
  • Kev_Guz
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • something
  • Wolfie
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Xzei
  • broncoscope
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • Bish
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.