TENNIS Tennis

Who is the Greatest of All Time?

• Federer

• Nadal

• Djokovic

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Indicated he wouldn't. Waste of time.

after what the federal judges said, he probably didn't want to waste the money taking this to the high court.

Chief Justice James Allsop said:

“It is no part of the function of the court to decide upon the merits or wisdom of the decision.”

Instead, Chief Justice Allsop made clear the Federal Court was only reviewing “the lawfulness or legality of the decision” made by Immigration Minister Alex Hawke, and in particular “Whether the decision was for different reasons irrational or legally unreasonable.”

breaking bad GIF

The thing that stands out the most to me about all this is how tone deaf Djokivic and his camp have been to how this has been viewed by the public in general. I get that sports stars are driven, to the point where the only thing that matters is winning. But for me, I'm amazed no one in his camp at any stage said, "let's take a step back and look at this from a public relations point of view".

Bottom line is, he's going to set the record for grand slam titles sooner or later. It wasn't like he had to do it with this slam. And that record will probably never be beaten. So in all likelihood he'll go down in history as the most successful grand slam winner. After his visa was cancelled the first time, if he had accepted the decision, acknowledging the hardships and suffering that most Australians have had to put up with over the last year, and vowed to come back next year if the rules permitted, I think he would have been universally applauded for his reaction.

Instead he carried on like a petulant teenager who believed that the rules everyone else have had to abide by, somehow shouldn't apply to him. And I'm not absolving the government in all this in case anyone thinks I am. This has been a complete shit fest all around. Novak, TA, government, immigration, take your pick. But he had an opportunity to come away with his reputation enhanced. But instead of the bigger picture, all he could see was a mirror.

Unpopular Opinion: I’m even more interested in watching the AO now without the Joker. Just opens it up for lots of possibilities.

Tennis just bores me ... wasn't really interested before that Joker drama, not really interested now ... Hell, as i said earlier, the Joker drama was more interesting than the actual tennis.

Having said that, I'm hoping Ash Barty wins the whole thing

Who’s the favourite to win the men’s now?

The thing that stands out the most to me about all this is how tone deaf Djokivic and his camp have been to how this has been viewed by the public in general. I get that sports stars are driven, to the point where the only thing that matters is winning. But for me, I'm amazed no one in his camp at any stage said, "let's take a step back and look at this from a public relations point of view".

Bottom line is, he's going to set the record for grand slam titles sooner or later. It wasn't like he had to do it with this slam. And that record will probably never be beaten. So in all likelihood he'll go down in history as the most successful grand slam winner. After his visa was cancelled the first time, if he had accepted the decision, acknowledging the hardships and suffering that most Australians have had to put up with over the last year, and vowed to come back next year if the rules permitted, I think he would have been universally applauded for his reaction.

Instead he carried on like a petulant teenager who believed that the rules everyone else have had to abide by, somehow shouldn't apply to him. And I'm not absolving the government in all this in case anyone thinks I am. This has been a complete shit fest all around. Novak, TA, government, immigration, take your pick. But he had an opportunity to come away with his reputation enhanced. But instead of the bigger picture, all he could see was a mirror.

Just remember that we're in Australia and we've been pretty good with accepting the reasoning and the science behind vaccination. Did I read in one of Australia's statements that Serbia has a far lower vaccination rate? His mindset, and that of his team, would arguably be that vaccination is not actually that important, and we're seen as just a quaint but stubborn country.

I think I also read that, because he's been booted out, he is forbidden from entering the country for 3 years now? That's fucked him for the next few Aus Opens...

I think I also read that, because he's been booted out, he is forbidden from entering the country for 3 years now? That's fucked him for the next few Aus Opens...

technically, but he is able to apply to have the ban waived.

assuming he meets the entry requirements next year, then the Immigration minister would likely waive the ban and allow him to play IMO

Why does everyone keep saying he’ll set the record for slam wins?

All three of them are on 20 slams and all three are still playing. Granted Novak is slightly younger…

All three of them are on 20 slams and all three are still playing. Granted Novak is slightly younger…

Probably because Fed is done in everything but name, too many constant injuries. Rafa might have one more in him but he too is breaking down more and more. Djoker is the only one of the three still consistently strong and winning.

technically, but he is able to apply to have the ban waived.

assuming he meets the entry requirements next year, then the Immigration minister would likely waive the ban and allow him to play IMO
Yep...I'd say we'd be fairly keen to demonstrate to the world that if you meet the requirements.....we've got no probs letting you in.

Nadal will win the French but probably not anything else. Djokovic will win at least 1 this year and probably another couple next year, and at that point it's game over.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.