TENNIS Tennis

Who is the Greatest of All Time?

• Federer

• Nadal

• Djokovic

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
That guy blew up those 21 balloons up fast haha

Meds looks like he might blow up here when he gives a speech.

Well done Rafa

both the men's and woman's champs were worthy winners of this tournament

Any player who whignes about the crowd for getting into it is... How do you say? A small cat.

He’s a loose cannon but I like him. Honestly I didn’t think we’d see that quality of tennis again, not since Rafa’s injuries have caught up with him and Fed is essentially retired. But credit to Meds, while that wasn’t Nadal in his full pomp and glory, he was probably 90% there and Meds went with him. If he can maintain that level, Meds is going to have a lot of majors himself.

There are people that think the Aus Open needed Novak to be any good.

Last night proved otherwise. I thought the men’s final was going to be a let down after the women’s and men’s doubles final on Saturday night, but that match was in no way a let down. That was one of the best Aus Open finals you will ever see. Shades of Rafa and Federer back when they were both at their best. The 2009 Aus Open final will always be the best IMO, but I think last night is definitely in the top 3.

It was great, but I'm not a big fan of this generation of new players. Medvedev seems like the only one that's quality, guys like Zverev, Tsitsipas etc seems pretty limited and soulless compared to the previous generation.

It was great, but I'm not a big fan of this generation of new players. Medvedev seems like the only one that's quality, guys like Zverev, Thanasis etc seems pretty limited and soulless compared to the previous generation.
Felix and Denis, the two canadians, will probably lead the charge of the new mob.

Zverev has always been a nearly man, too interested in being friends with the top guys instead of beating them. Kokkinakis isn't anywhere near the top and everyone knows what Kygrios deal is.

I reckon the current best Aussie male hope is Popyrin, I just feel like if he can get it together over the next 12 months, he could make it. If he doesn't in the next 12 months, well maybe it'll never happen.

Kokkinakis and Kyrgios best hope of winning Grand Slams is in the doubles.

They will never win one in the singles. They remind me of the Woodies in the way that individually they will never be in contention for Grand Slam titles, but as a doubles pairing, they could be a team that would be one of the favourites for titles. They gel really well and Kokkinakis seems like he’s able to keep Kyrgios from imploding.

Hell, they took down two of the top 3 teams on their way to their Grand Slam win this tournament.

Kokkinakis and Kyrgios best hope of winning Grand Slams is in the doubles.

They will never win one in the singles. They remind me of the Woodies in the way that individually they will never be in contention for Grand Slam titles, but as a doubles pairing, they could be a team that would be one of the favourites for titles. They gel really well and Kokkinakis seems like he’s able to keep Kyrgios from imploding.

Hell, they took down two of the top 3 teams on their way to their Grand Slam win this tournament.
That's true, but if Kyrgios were to dedicate himself to doubles then there's the chance his motivation towards doubles just replicates what he is currently focused on ie. "meh too hard, dont care anymore"

Could be said that having a "team mate" may focus his attention and not wanting to let them down, but he'll also earn more just bowing out of singles tournaments compared to having to win doubles tournaments... I think it was mentioned that winning doubles was equivalent prize money to quarters in a major or something like that.

I think this tournament was probably a once off for them in terms of motivation and success... could only see them replicating it during Aus Opens moving forward, because of that added motivation, rather than every grand slam moving forward.

If Kyrgios actually got serious and had a proper trainer, he would easily be top 10 and pushing for a major. He has a lot of natural talent but just lacking in the work ethic to pave the way.

If Kyrgios actually got serious and had a proper trainer, he would easily be top 10 and pushing for a major. He has a lot of natural talent but just lacking in the work ethic to pave the way.

He reminds of Safin in so many ways, talent as well.

Unread

Active Now

• marw
  • Thelmus
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.