VOTE TESI NIU is BHQ Player of Round 14

Who is your player of the round? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our captain and smooth talking Lexy just tearing it up. Would be nice to see him lead by example on Thursday night.

A guy who sort of fluked an admittedly great individual try and was solid at best wins player of the round, that's where we're at sadly.
It’s only a ‘fluke’ cause you don’t like him… I think a lot of people are under selling his ability

I didn't realize Tesi was only 19.

Holy crap. He's good for 19.

Who said I don't like him?
I just kind of assumed to be fair. But considering you went out of your way to basically say he doesn’t deserve that or it shouldn’t be talked up or taken as a reward cause of his competitors shows a disliking of his talent or personality. I just think people should put a bit of respect on his name, he’s come back and played well for starters most don’t get dropped and he’s come back and done well at the age of 19 and everybody acting like he some washed up 25 year old who has no hope.

I just kind of assumed to be fair. But considering you went out of your way to basically say he doesn’t deserve that or it shouldn’t be talked up or taken as a reward cause of his competitors shows a disliking of his talent or personality. I just think people should put a bit of respect on his name, he’s come back and played well for starters most don’t get dropped and he’s come back and done well at the age of 19 and everybody acting like he some washed up 25 year old who has no hope.

I get what you are saying but there is a lot of assumption in there about most things. Let me clarify, as I said in my post, it was a great try and it was but it doesn’t change the fact he did it on the second tackle. Don’t misunderstand though, I love that he backed himself but if it went wrong, it would have negatively affected the team.

I’ve also said I rate Niu in the last and I still do but he drifted in and out in the game last week. I was referring to this game in isolation, this is not a comment that in any way implies he can’t become better or more consistent, I’m not sure how you reached that conclusion.

In addition, I rated about one of his games last year when he was great in a well beaten side, that was a far better performance as well than last week. I think this kid has massive potential, he just needs time, nurturing and experience.

My comment was an indictment on the state of the team that a kid who did what he’s been doing in Q Cup and can drift and out of a game can be considered the best player. This is not an attack toward a raw 19 year old rookie, for his age and current experience level in such a bad team, he did well.

It’s only a ‘fluke’ cause you don’t like him… I think a lot of people are under selling his ability
I'm critical of him after watching his indifferent defence in the ISC. There's never been any question the guy is fleet of foot, but that's not actually something we're lacking in Jamayne, Herbie or Xavier. If you were to compare him with Isaako, he would probably lose on almost every count.

We're not lacking skilful players or athletes, we're lacking players who look to form a combination with other players, link up, put them in holes, or be the other half of that. We're lacking players who can read the opposition attack and farm their peers into formation to block it before it becomes a contest of trying to hold them up over the try line.

Tevita Pangai Jr is halfway there. He looks to take on the line, break it and get a pass away. He plays like a genuine centre in attack on the edge. More than Arthars and Farnworth, both of whom are talented individuals but not big on forming combinations.

What Niu has most in his favour is time. Unlike Isaako, we might overlook his weaknesses due to lack of experience. But when we see a player like Hynes do exactly what we want, we know Niu isn't bringing it. He's just another player who will try to go it himself. Most of the time that will fail.

That type of player belongs on the wing. We seem to have an entire team of wingers, some faster than others.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Manlyman
  • Broncs1459
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.