Test Fullback

I'd have Cronk on the bench myself. Thurston is feasible although i don't think Scotty Prince would be a goer from the bench.

The Rock said:
The QLD line up should be

1. Hunt
2. Inglis
3. Hodges
4. Falou
5. Slater

No questions asked.

Honestly, that has to be the best QLD backline ever.

Right players but wrong positions I reckon.

1. Hunt
2. Slater
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Folau

I still think Folau still has a lot to prove in the centres, and that Inglis is the better centre in attack and defence at the moment. They should also probably play on the same side but yeah a pretty ominous backline either way.

Anyone reckon Steve Bell is any chance of keeping his spot for this year?

The Rock said:

1. Hunt
2. Inglis
3. Hodges
4. Falou
5. Slater

No questions asked.

1. Gary Belcher
2. Alan McIndoe
3. Tony Currie
4. Mal Meninga
5. Michael Hancock

from 1989, would be the best I've seen.

ethos said:

Probably, because Queensland tends to be fairly loyal to it's players.

I'd like to see the aforementioned backline though. It would demolish N.S.W.

ethos said:
The Rock said:

1. Hunt
2. Inglis
3. Hodges
4. Falou
5. Slater

No questions asked.

Right players but wrong positions I reckon.

1. Hunt
2. Slater
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Folau

I still think Folau still has a lot to prove in the centres, and that Inglis is the better centre in attack and defence at the moment. They should also probably play on the same side but yeah a pretty ominous backline either way.

Agree with that, but if Folau suffers from 2nd season syndrome, Tate to get that wing spot.
Steven Bell is a great center, but unfortunately for him there a a couple of players who edge him out IMO. Inglis and Hodges in the centers, with the pace and finishing of Slater and Tate/Folau on the wings...thats freaking awesome.

What do you guys reckon will happen with the forwards for QLD?

Scotty said:

See, this is where I'm absolutely stumped. As an absolute given, the skeleton of the pack (barring injuries) will and should look like:

8. Civoniceva
9. Smith
11. Crocker
13. Johnson

Now, that leaves two starting spots and three bench spots wide open and I reckon it will come solely down to form. Early signs have Sam Thaiday really pushing for his place, ditto Ben Hannant. If Carl Webb can pull his finger out (for the first time in his career [icon_razz1 ) he should be there or thereabouts too. Time will tell!

I wasn't sure if he had or not Rocky, tbh. If he hasn't, him and Civo HAVE to be our two starters.

I'd actually bring Myles into that pack off the bench. He performs on Origin and hits hard with would pack a sting at the opposition.

mick! said:
I wasn't sure if he had or not Rocky, tbh. If he hasn't, him and Civo HAVE to be our two starters.

He hasn't. I read something about how he and Civo weren't going to retire until QLD had some good props coming through in their place. May have been in the last weeks Big League.

That's right he hasn't.He and Petero made a pact to both stay on and play rep footy last year.

Billy Slater deserves a good chance at Fullback.Last year he was unreal and only one game down but still showing IMO he is the best.Shame politics will play the part of who gets the job and Slater has even ruled out ever playing Origin.Love K!Firmly believe Slater has the goods in this department.

The Rock said:
Price? Or did he retire from rep footy?

Wont Price be pushing it to be fit for the first origin given he is out for 8 weeks with injury... but if he wasn't injured he would certainly start in the front row with civo

I reckon big Ray Cashmere will be pushing for origin this year.

ronnyd said:
I reckon big Ray Cashmere will be pushing for origin this year.

I doubt it. He's a cockroach and while their forwards haven't been up to it the last couple of years, their depth is too good. Just my opinion of course.

mick! said:
Scotty said:

See, this is where I'm absolutely stumped. As an absolute given, the skeleton of the pack (barring injuries) will and should look like:

8. Civoniceva
9. Smith
11. Crocker
13. Johnson

Now, that leaves two starting spots and three bench spots wide open and I reckon it will come solely down to form. Early signs have Sam Thaiday really pushing for his place, ditto Ben Hannant. If Carl Webb can pull his finger out (for the first time in his career [icon_razz1 ) he should be there or thereabouts too. Time will tell!

Ok so
8. Civoniceva
9. Smith
10. Price?
11. Crocker
13. Johnson

In the mix?:
Hannant
Thaiday
Myles
Costigan
Lillyman
Parker
Kaufusi
Shillington
Nutley

Scotty said:
mick! said:
Scotty said:

8. Civoniceva
9. Smith
11. Crocker
13. Johnson

Ok so
8. Civoniceva
9. Smith
10. Price?
11. Crocker
13. Johnson

In the mix?:
Hannant
Thaiday
Myles
Costigan
Lillyman
Parker
Kaufusi
Shillington
Nutley

Since Price may not be fit, or have much game time under him, I'd drop him. Costigan and Parker to be int here.

Will Costigan be fit by then?
Wouldnt write Webb off.He is off the grog,training hard and really wants to stamp a spot in Origin this year.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Painin the Haas
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Kev_Guz
  • Shane Tronc
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Manifesto
  • Mr Fourex
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Morkel
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.