Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Tevita Pangai Jr turns down NSW State of Origin chance to commit to Tonga

Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
24 minutes ago

Source: https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...k=af88ac5f157183596886ea58bb0d1630-1558430631

Last edited by a moderator:
This increases his value for mine, we no longer have to worry about losing him during the Origin period or having all the Blues in his ear during Origin camp convincing him to move to a Sydney club.

Sign him up, long-term.

It sounds like TPJ is susceptible to respected people swinging his judgement. This augers well for us as Lodgey has been in his ear to stay with us.

I think we'll be able to keep this current squad together for at least another two seasons.

We should have a seventh trophy by then I imagine.

This guy is so fucking hard to get a read on.

Oh well, go Tonga!!!
I know right! The flip flopping decision making concerns me, particularly when we are talking contracts. It doesnt sound like there will be certainty until pen is put to paper.

Think this makes it more likely he'll chase a bigger contract as he wont be getting the rep payments.

Okay, I now will care about losing TPJ. Give him a 10 year deal.
Just kidding, make it 3. Not losing him for origin instantly makes him more valuable.

Seems to me he doesn’t care as much about money as some seem to think...

I’m still a bit cynical as to whether his decision is dependent on his chances or not. I want him to be a certainty for Origin and make the same decision before I judge his extra value during the middle of a season.

Benefit of the doubt though until then anyway Tevita

Seems to me he doesn’t care as much about money as some seem to think...

If he wanted the money then we wouldn't be seeing an article like this.

Plus I think he would be gone already as I seem to recall he has already turned down bigger offers.

You could say Cody walker, Keary, Reynolds and Lodge are certainties for origin on form but the only ones who can be certainties are the incumbents, and even they're not certain unless their form is up to scratch. So the only time TPJ would be a certainty was when he had already been picked.

To be honest though I'm not that interested in who NSW picks. The only thing that does is if they pick our boys or not as it does do a lot for brining their personal development on.

I’m still a bit cynical as to whether his decision is dependent on his chances or not. I want him to be a certainty for Origin and make the same decision before I judge his extra value during the middle of a season.

Benefit of the doubt though until then anyway Tevita

Sounds like Fittler went through a lot of trouble trying to get him to change his mind about NSW.

I would say TPJ was pretty much a certainty based on that.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • MrMoore
  • Strop
  • Fatboy
  • Midean
  • Skathen
  • cento
  • broncsgoat
  • simplythebest
  • Tim K
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Battler
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.