February 16, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It isn't as unlikely as it would seem you know. If he gets back to 90% of the old Thaiday, he is undoubtedly in the best Qld 17, unfortunately though, he has lately been about 70%. But knowing this is it, he might surprise a few of us.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Yep I'm sure Kevvie is using this trial game as a measuring guage as to whether Thaiday can play for the Maroons again.

Rico

Rico

QCup Player
Jun 4, 2016
Sorry boys, I can’t share your sentiments... wish I could but I think he could be flat out making our top 17. I say that with no satisfaction at all.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Sorry boys, I can’t share your sentiments... wish I could but I think he could be flat out making our top 17. I say that with no satisfaction at all.

if your talking about our top 17 ... he won't have any trouble making that

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Not enough talent around the joint for him to be in any danger of getting scratched.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
He’s played his guts out for rep teams, and only in contract renewal years have we seen what he’s capable of at club level.

Cheers. I wasn’t challenging you, I actually just wasn’t sure what you were referring too exactly.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
He’s played his guts out for rep teams, and only in contract renewal years have we seen what he’s capable of at club level.
Jeez you're being a bit harsh there. Can I ask, are you a Broncos SUPPORTER? He's shown the club nothing but loyalty having turned down offers from other clubs in the past to stay with us. I'm finding it hard to find your loyalty in that last statement if you are a true Broncos supporter.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Thaiday was quite good for us from 2008 to when he suffered that injury in 2011. In 2010, he just exploded and was unstoppable.

But ever since he suffered that injury, he hasn't been the same. Apart from 2015, it's been nothing but inconsistency.

It seems he does not have the physical capability to get to that level again, which is why the Broncos should have changed his role in the team.

He has a good amount of skill. He has a bloody good offload in him. The Broncos should be changing his playing style so he can bring that side of him out more often. But it seems they are sticking with him being a bash and barge style forward.

It's a shame because Thaiday still has a lot of offer.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Jeez you're being a bit harsh there. Can I ask, are you a Broncos SUPPORTER? He's shown the club nothing but loyalty having turned down offers from other clubs in the past to stay with us. I'm finding it hard to find your loyalty in that last statement if you are a true Broncos supporter.

So we can’t criticise our own players?!

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
True Bronco supporter alert ^^^^

Rico

Rico

QCup Player
Jun 4, 2016
Not enough talent around the joint for him to be in any danger of getting scratched.

Interested to hear what people think his role is this year. A foot in each camp of edge and middle forward doesn’t do it for me. He’s got our 3 back rowers front of him, lodge and sims starting front rowers then guys on the up being joffa, sua, fai, TPJ, Haas, Oates and old Taga for experience and i’d call that a push to be in the 17. Appreciate there is some inexperience above but for me it looks like a season where some young forwards could really kick on which could leave him on the outer.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
No, I’m obviously not. I just hang here because I’m a passionate hater, FFS. I’m a big fan of Sam, but you’d have a hard time proving me wrong tbh.
You're a big fan yet you're accusing him of only putting in when there is money involved. That, in anyone's' book is pretty low.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Criticise
So we can’t criticise our own players?!
Criticise by all means but questioning the guy's integrity in such a casual manner is pretty appalling.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I said nothing of money... i said rep. This place is doing my head in today.
You said "only in contract renewal years" which implies he is only putting in when his contract and earnings are at stake.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Yeah, I edited my post to include that as I realised that’s what you are talking about. Look at the previous post of mine.
Not what I was talking about rather what you had written. I'd say that was a pretty low call to question Sammy's integrity. If you call that supporting the club I'm at a bit of a loss as to what undermining it might look like. As the age old adage goes - with friends like that who needs enemies?

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
@Jedhead, I'd be curious to know if you watch Broncos games? The only thing that's low is Sam's form over the last few years. The guy is too busy cracking jokes rather than going hard on the footy field. When was the last time you saw him make a run that had the same impact as what he did at his peak?

Active Now

• marw
  • Aldo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • Howie
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Justwin
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.