Thaiday unleashes on Kangaroos snub

I think he could have been called by someone, a selector, team manager, even if meninga couldn't for one reason or another. He has always made himself available and trained accordingly whilst others made the most of mad Monday.
At the very least a phone call. Its 5 minutes at the most of someone's time and would have allowed him to approach the inevitable press calls with some dignity rather than cast off like an old shoe.
A better way would have to be honest with him before this came to be, tell him in private, he would not be selected and the reasons why. This is the honest if difficult way to do these things. Take a leaf out of the national cricket teams's handling of these things.

No I didn't,who cares about respect they are entertainers first, athletes second, obviously he thought he would have been selected and as a consideration he thought he deserved a call.... Plenty of guys who have put in service don't get calls what makes this pre-Madonna so special.

So he is a Cyndi Lauper or more of a Annie Lennox?....Tina Turner probably more likely?.....surely not the level of Diana Ross?

lol sorry man couldn't help myself, but I really don't think it was a prima donna viewpoint from him, I do have to disagree on them being entertainers first....they all are athletes first.

Fatty, Bo, Big Marn etc...to me anyways, are entertainers now after being athletes, first. Not like drama and song and dance classes are part of an NRL first graders training regimen

So why didn't Locker give him a call, he's a selector, where's the loyalty there[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

I once bought an off apple from Meninga's fruit shop. Where the **** is my phone call apology?

Technically you should have apologised to him for no longer needing his services.

A one off purchase?....of course not.

But..... buy apples off him for 10yrs? He may have been importing in your favourite kind, just for you.

Common courtesy would have you mention to him that you were moving on and you most likely wouldn't be buying any more apples from his shop.

I went to Mal's shop and couldn't buy any blueberries.

You guys should just go to Michael Hagan's fruit shop. It's much cheaper, is better quality and he works much harder for your money.

His job is with the Broncos, the Australian team is where they supposedly pick the best of the best.

This. He hasn’t been sacked from his job, he just didn’t get the cherry on top he thought he was entitled to... I have applied for plenty of promotions whilst acting at the same rank (my work‘s equivalent of rep duties), not got the job and never got a phone call, just found out in our internal gazette (my work’s equivalent of the public news) that I wasn’t the one they wanted for that job.

Fatboi can suck it up. Welcome to your first little hint of the real world Sam, where you aren’t fêted like a high profile professional sports person any longer...

Last edited:
When you can’t make run on for your nrl club and has been threatened to be dropped to reserves of course he shouldn’t get picked.

When you can’t make run on for your nrl club and has been threatened to be dropped to reserves of course he shouldn’t get picked.

this isn't even about whether he should get picked or not ... it is about whether an incumbent and a main stay for the last decade deserved a courtesy call when he was dropped

HTTPS9tZWRpYS50ZW5vci5jby9pbWFnZXMvMGYxNDk4NjFjN2VhYTFlMzZiYzVjZDQwMDdlZTE2MDgvcmF3.gif

Who cares if it was disrespectful or not that he didn’t get a call. Get gud and it wouldn’t have happened.

Unread

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • pennywisealfie
  • heartly87
  • The True King
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.