The ‘Things Change Bro’ Mole Fail: Brisbane Broncos trying to offload former Test forward Alex Glenn

Soooo we’re looking to offload him but play him for 80 min ahead of his replacement?

Or

We’re trying to lull/trick another team into a false sense of hope or belief that they’ll be getting a bargain test and nrl starting back rower who starts ahead of any of our jnrs that we just can’t keep/afford/carry ???

you forgot the far more likely option ... the mole is full of shit

Solution is easy there. Sua to Q Cup, Glenn in the team.

Sua out performed glenn last game and he was out of position. He is only going to get better too , nothing against glenn but only if sua's form drops should he be dropped. I'm just glad seibold sees it that way to.

Solution is easy there. Sua to Q Cup, Glenn in the team.

I'd probably rather play Su'A, he was better than Glenn last season statistically when given good minutes. Not to mention we just re-signed him last year, it'd be irresponsible to throw him to QCUP to pander for Glenn.

I'd probably rather play Su'A, he was better than Glenn last season statistically when given good minutes. Not to mention we just re-signed him last year, it'd be irresponsible to throw him to QCUP to pander for Glenn.

It would be irresponsible to remove all the players in your team to make way for people who are only proven on BroncosHQ.

It would be irresponsible to remove all the players in your team to make way for people who are only proven on BroncosHQ.

Did you miss the part where I said he was better statistically than Glenn last season in games he started on an edge? You know, more tackles, more runs, more metres, more offloads. The important things.

Did you miss the part where I said he was better statistically than Glenn last season in games he started on an edge? You know, more tackles, more runs, more metres, more offloads. The important things.

No mate, I read it. I just didn't care. Because there is no statistic there that indicates the affect his experience and consistency has on the team as a whole.

Let's focus on the real issue here:

Why on earth is the Mole being given ANY credibility and more importantly, LEGITIMACY about this 'story'?

It's been an ongoing rumour. But watching guys on the internet lose it over reading blind statistics is always a good laugh. They could leave a stat of "Babies Murdered: 522" and so long as running meters and offloads are good, he's the man for the job.

No mate, I read it. I just didn't care. Because there is no statistic there that indicates the affect his experience and consistency has on the team as a whole.

He certainly is consistent at not being able to run good lines off those Milford short balls recently. Also running for 53 metres per game this year whilst playing 80 is absolutely putrid for someone of his experience, he's meant to be the leader of the pack, as you said, yet he's clearly the weak link right now in this pack. He's also turning 31 in July, how many years do you realistically think he's going to be able to get by on experience alone?

He certainly is consistent at not being able to run good lines off those Milford short balls recently. Also running for 53 metres per game this year whilst playing 80 is absolutely putrid for someone of his experience, he's meant to be the leader of the pack, as you said, yet he's clearly the weak link right now in this pack. He's also turning 31 in July, how many years do you realistically think he's going to be able to get by on experience alone?

Until his contract runs out, and the very young player who's in line for a jump to the starting spot learns to play football some more, and gets more hours on our bench to make sure he knows that being alright at Q-Cup means absolutely and utterly nothing when you're lining up against Origin reps and seasoned NRL players.

Until his contract runs out, and the very young player who's in line for a jump to the starting spot learns to play football some more, and gets more hours on our bench to make sure he knows that being alright at Q-Cup means absolutely and utterly nothing when you're lining up against Origin reps and seasoned NRL players.

But that's my entire point, Su'A could comfortably start on that left edge if we're concerned about Fifita not being ready to be thrown in to the fire. If we keep Glenn (which I'm fine with, but would completely understand if we moved on), we will be forced to choose which of the young crop will be playing QCUP for the remainder of the season. Is it really worth potentially stunting the development and progression of a Flegler or Haas just to eek out a final 20 games of Glenn? Maybe.. I guess we'll find out.

It's also worth noting that people seem to have this misconception that "moving a player on" is inherently a horrible thing for the player, that's not always the case, Glenn is off-contract at the end of this season, if he could potentially secure a long-term deal with another club right now, that's a great thing for him, if he waits until the end of the season, that contract may or may not be around, pending if the club signed somebody else who was available mid-season.

But that's my entire point, Su'A could comfortably start on that left edge if we're concerned about Fifita not being ready to be thrown in to the fire. If we keep Glenn (which I'm fine with, but would completely understand if we moved on), we will be forced to choose which of the young crop will be playing QCUP for the remainder of the season. Is it really worth potentially stunting the development and progression of a Flegler or Haas just to eek out a final 20 games of Glenn? Maybe.. I guess we'll find out.

It's also worth noting that people seem to have this misconception that "moving a player on" is inherently a horrible thing for the player, that's not always the case, Glenn is off-contract at the end of this season, if he could potentially secure a long-term deal with another club right now, that's a great thing for him, if he waits until the end of the season, that contract may or may not be around, pending if the club signed somebody else who was available mid-season.

The answer is no it's not worth putting them in the QCUP as they've proven that they are providing more impact than Glenn right now. Flegler just made 170+ meters off the bench in under 40 minutes... We signed Haas to a 4 year deal worth a lot of money so he needs to play, plus he's a freak of nature and will have more of an impact than Glenn. Staggs is better as a utility on the bench than Glenn and a future superstar. Su'a, like Haas, was just re-signed and is a brilliant talent. Fifita is a phenomenon in the SBW mould. Gillett needs to play on the edge given our wealth of middle forwards, his ineffectiveness in the middle (IMO), and how good he is as an edge forward.

So we basically have: Gillett, Fifita, Su'a, and then possibly Staggs or TPJ to cover the second row. Then for middle forwards we have Lodge, Joffa, Flegler, Carrigan, TPJ, Haas, and then battlers like Fensom or Taga to cover if shit gets real with injury.

Last edited:

At what point did I even mention Fafita?

It might not be, it might be. What I'm getting at, is that a level headed player is better in a team than a brand new green one. And I'm also giving an opinion on what I reckon about people basing arguments on stats alone.

At what point did I even mention Fafita?

It might not be, it might be. What I'm getting at, is that a level headed player is better in a team than a brand new green one. And I'm also giving an opinion on what I reckon about people basing arguments on stats alone.

You're also for whatever reason assuming that I'm basing my opinion on stats alone, you know me better than that. Su'A passed the eye test well and truly last year in the NRL prior to breaking his ankle.

I also have no idea who you're referring to if not Fifita when you're talking about a rookie who's only really played QCUP. Haas? Probably a fair call, we're not sure if he's NRL ready, but we're paying him way too much money to play for Wynnum Manly.

Astonishing that there can be so much arguing over such an average player. Same story applies to McC. Yes, perpetual mediocrity is acceptable if he's a good bloke.

Surprise, a team full of good blokes doesn't win premierships.

Astonishing that there can be so much arguing over such an average player. Same story applies to McC. Yes, perpetual mediocrity is acceptable if he's a good bloke.

Surprise, a team full of good blokes doesn't win premierships.

Woaah yes Glen is fairly average at times but let's not put him in the same category as Macca haha

Dobbo reckons he spoke to Glenn today who fronted White who guaranteed he wouldn't be moved on this year (if that makes sense).

That's what they're doing but when you have talents like Fifita you give them a spot. Sua has been doing his time, but it's inevitable glenn will have to make way . Just like McGuire did for our front row.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.