The Bench

Pigskin said:
I prefer McGuire ... a coal now, maybe a diamond later ... Sims will always just be coal

Oink !

Yeh I'd be able to live with that. Whichever one of them shows the best form.

Jebadude said:
If Broncos are at full strength, bench should be:
14. Glenn
15. Taylor
16. Setu
17. Sims

With McCulloch starting.

A bench I basically agree with depending on what the starting pack is.

I'd like to see this:

8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Setu
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Taylor
16. Sims
17. McGuire/Te'o

Basically if McCullough is unable to play a full eighty minutes I would have Gorrell on the bench for either Glenn or T'eo so we still maintained some size. And let's be honest, should a back be injured I'm sure Glenn and possibly Setu and Parker could do an average job to just get us through the rest of the game.

i have to agree the bench was a absolute shocker why with the late exclusion of setu a forward would a coach say to himself i am going to replace him with a back!!!!! we got out muscled big time

I see Ivan says today that Setu was a late withdrawl due to injury and Chief was picked as a few backs were sick all week with viruses and he was worried if they would see out the 80, perhaps the reason why Hunt was off his game and went off early(if he was one that was sick).

Still he had Glenn on the bench to cover the backs if needed should have gone Sims or Maguire IMHO. Ivan is still learning this caper and he will hopefully learn from his mistakes, this was one (even though it's 4 weeks in a row)

Maybe they should start with Setu and bring Teo off the bench. He is meant to be more of an impact style of player and lets face it has been quiet sofar.

After seeing McGuires performance in the QLD cup I wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench. He played 80 mins at Second row and each run he made he made good meters and broke tackles and was solid in defence.

lyn said:
After seeing McGuires performance in the QLD cup I wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench. He played 80 mins at Second row and each run he made he made good meters and broke tackles and was solid in defence.

Other than when he lost it! :P

Active Now

• Broncos Maestro
  • Redux
  • Porthoz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.