PRE-GAME [THE BIG DANCE] BRISBANE BRONCOS Vs PENRITH PANTHERS - 2023 NRL GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen and heard this a few times now about off-loading and I don't understand where it's coming from that the teams that beat Penrith off-load.

The Eels didn't beat Penrith with offloads.

Penrith's losses in 23.

Broncos' offloads 4- av 10
Eels' offloads-12- av 13
Souths- offloads-10- av 7
Tigers- offloads-5- av 12
Cowboys- offloads 5-av 7
Eels- offloads 13- av 13

Souths were the only team that performed above their average offloading to win.

Three of those teams are in the top three off loaders in 23- Broncos, Eels and Tigers. But three of the top five off loaders didn't even make the finals Tigers, Eels, Dogs so it's not a golden ticket.
The Broncos and Tigers game I distinctly remember being wet. Especially the Tigers game. Was a monsoon. Offloading numbers would have been down because of that. I haven't checked the weather for the weekend. Think it's meant to be dry.

Offloads didn't help Parramatta in the game that really mattered. They were bashed. That is the key to beating them. Not getting blown away and bashed early and playing from behind. It's why imo I wouldn't be starting Palasia. Somebody pointed out Palasia against Melbourne running with less vigour than the last part of the regular season. I noticed it to. Was better against the Warriors though. Having a great season but Flegler is a different animal. Need to match them physically early. Penrith are a different team having to come from behind.

The first article I read with this offload crap being pushed was an opinion where the author was asking the question, is this what will be the key in beating Penrith. That was probably a normal journo, then the rugby league journos took hold of it with their usual dickheadedness.
I haven't seen an article as yet to explain how the eels used offloading to beat Panthers... just general nothing statements that that's what they do to beat them.

And the general statement that "offloads are difficult to defend".. no fucking shit.

Offloads also work against our defence.

I think our offloading was high last week because warriors defence couldn't stop it. If the defence is going to allow us to offload then we're going to take it.

B. Walters.

Just put my money where my mouth is. A fiver at $71. Yes, I am a big spender. Better come through...

Big Cats GIF by NETFLIX

The key to beating Penrith is bringing high intensity AND maintaining it. Parra can do it because of their forwards but no one is better at it than us. Our strength can also be a weakness and that is how high octane we are.

If we turn it on which we have done in spurts against both Melbourne and the Warriors, even Penrith aren’t going with us. Basically, this result comes down to how well we play.

I've seen and heard this a few times now about off-loading and I don't understand where it's coming from that the teams that beat Penrith off-load.

The Eels didn't beat Penrith with offloads.

Penrith's losses in 23.

Broncos' offloads 4- av 10
Eels' offloads-12- av 13
Souths- offloads-10- av 7
Tigers- offloads-5- av 12
Cowboys- offloads 5-av 7
Eels- offloads 13- av 13

Souths were the only team that performed above their average offloading to win.

Three of those teams are in the top three off loaders in 23- Broncos, Eels and Tigers. But three of the top five off loaders didn't even make the finals Tigers, Eels, Dogs so it's not a golden ticket.

Those 12 off loads by the Eels didn`t lead to scoring opportunities ?
Or cause fatigue that led to points later in the game ? [ FFS !]

You can only offload if the defence allows it .The Broncos concentrate on getting their hands and arms all over the ball to the restrict offloads .

Did you consider that the Panters might have restricted the offloads by the weaker teams . Or that one way to break up their structures and fatigue them is by off loading ?
Kevvie and Reyno were cracking jokes about off loads in the post game presser last week . Trying to deflect bout how much offloading they did .
It is real and it will be a factor Sunday night .

Just put my money where my mouth is. A fiver at $71. Yes, I am a big spender. Better come through...

Big Cats GIF by NETFLIX
The dummy half touches the ball the most in any game. If he's 'on' it's a better than average bet.

At 71 bucks I might even have a crack. Coach kevvie is on the panel that decides right?

So I had a dream last night. Arthurs scores, then Herbie scores and goes off injured.

I was not witness to any Panthers tries, or our conversions, so I am going with a low score line something like this -

Broncos 12 - 0
Broncos 10 - 0
Broncos 8 - 0

You idiots betting on our players to win medals and shit is going to jinx it!

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

I went all in baby.

Billy for the CC.
Riki for last try scorer.
Herbie to score a hatty.
Walsh to score more tries then Edwards.

To offset the jinx
Too and Turdvara for FTS

Wonder if I can do Carrigan FTS into Carrigan CC

At 71 bucks I might even have a crack. Coach kevvie is on the panel that decides right?

It's actually decided by a slap fight between Ivan and Kev to decide which of their sons win it. Ivan has the reach, but I think Kev has more desire. I don't actually think Ivan likes his son.

You idiots betting on our players to win medals and shit is going to jinx it!

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Generally when I bet on the Broncos I lose but they win, due to my convoluted multis or anytime try scorer bets on unfavoured players (I put money on Pat for a few games straight but gave up too soon). So if anything this guarantees a Broncos win and no CC for Billy.

I love it when I read Kevvie saying -
“It’s special for everyone involved at the club to get into the grand final but this club is about winning grand finals, it’s not about making them.

“We want to do something special - it’s not just about getting here - it’s about doing something special on Sunday.”

That mindset needs to be the mantra all week I reckon.

It does fill me with confidence.

Those 12 off loads by the Eels didn`t lead to scoring opportunities ?
Or cause fatigue that led to points later in the game ? [ FFS !]

You can only offload if the defence allows it .The Broncos concentrate on getting their hands and arms all over the ball to the restrict offloads .

Did you consider that the Panters might have restricted the offloads by the weaker teams . Or that one way to break up their structures and fatigue them is by off loading ?
Kevvie and Reyno were cracking jokes about off loads in the post game presser last week . Trying to deflect bout how much offloading they did .
It is real and it will be a factor Sunday night .

No one is arguing that an offload doesn’t have an impact. The narrative has become the Eels offloaded excessively and it played a major part in the game and beating the Panthers. It’s simply not true.

Now does that mean an offload can’t work or won’t work on Sunday no. What I’m pointing out is you don’t have to offload 45 times to beat them.

The Broncos last week more than doubled their offloading output from the season and no one has even had to get close to doing that to beat Penrith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • mitch222
  • barker
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Culhwch
  • Hurrijo
  • Midean
  • Jazza
  • leon.bott
  • Sproj
  • rj9
  • Wolfie
  • Rambstien
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • IceWorks
  • Santa
  • Stix
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.