PRE-GAME [THE BIG DANCE] BRISBANE BRONCOS Vs PENRITH PANTHERS - 2023 NRL GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JayPee's mum?
458FE107 7AEC 4A5E ABB2 B4304A1C688A

Heard a lot of talk about how ‘experts’ don’t know if the Broncos can handle playing in front of 80,000 people….

Errrr hello…. Have they seen our last couple of home attendances? 50,000

What numbers have the Panthers been playing in front of? 35-30,000?

Heard a lot of talk about how ‘experts’ don’t know if the Broncos can handle playing in front of 80,000 people….

And it's Accor. The atmosphere at Suncorp with 52,000 sitting on top of each other at the prelim vs the Warriors easily beats 80,000 at a flat bowl like Accor.

Had the randomest experience at coles yesterday wearing my broncos jersey ( in Townsville).

Some old Queen came and got up in my face and was asking where I was born and why I supported the broncos. Then she was asking where my mum was born and my dad was born and came to the conclusion I should be a cowboys fan.

I said, hey no need to be jealous of success. Then she went on about how her dad carried the torch for the 1956 olympics and that he owned land on castle hill and had a kerosene fridge. She then went into a spin about repeating these three things over and over again.

I got bored after a bit so walked away, then she chased me down to start telling me how the cowboys wouldn’t give her a refund because of covid.

Then I got a bit rude to get rid of her and then had to spend the rest of the shop avoiding her. Saw she had bailed someone else up later.

True queen.

Panthers really playing in front of 20k-ish fans as most of probably were the +1 during the free ticket giveaways.

Even then they couldn’t pack a stadium 😂😂

This is a good watch.

Yep just watched it too. There were a lot of important games, hoodoo-breaking and belief building wins and even losses, however in hindsight that warriors win was our most critical of the season bar the storm finals game.
No origin players, warriors full squad, in nz, in napier to help them recover from the floods. Warriors in form, us losing our 2 games before that. Incredible really. Built belief in the squad and made the origin players come back and prove themselves again.

With reference to the Walsh incident;

Random sledges NRL player, NRL player responds with violence or racial etc slurs = bad

Random sledges NRL player, NRL player sledges back = play on

The fact that it's even being investigated is a commentary on how soft this world has become.

So basically, fans get free rein on what they say to players and that's fine but the second a player retorts in any way at all, it's all over the news.
The retort was pretty cringe. A witty comeback wouldve been the best way to handle it.’Ya mum’ is probably in poor taste

Had the randomest experience at coles yesterday wearing my broncos jersey ( in Townsville).

Some old Queen came and got up in my face and was asking where I was born and why I supported the broncos. Then she was asking where my mum was born and my dad was born and came to the conclusion I should be a cowboys fan.

I said, hey no need to be jealous of success. Then she went on about how her dad carried the torch for the 1956 olympics and that he owned land on castle hill and had a kerosene fridge. She then went into a spin about repeating these three things over and over again.

I got bored after a bit so walked away, then she chased me down to start telling me how the cowboys wouldn’t give her a refund because of covid.

Then I got a bit rude to get rid of her and then had to spend the rest of the shop avoiding her. Saw she had bailed someone else up later.

True queen.
When I wear my Jersey like at the current moment I get plenty of Up The Bronx and when I am out with my mum people look at us if we aren't related because of our different teams they are like so you go for the broncos and they look at her and say you go for the Tigers then some say to her you know where your team is on the ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Wolfie
  • Mister Wright
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Hurrijo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Porthoz
  • cento
  • NSW stables
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.