PRE-GAME [THE BIG DANCE] BRISBANE BRONCOS Vs PENRITH PANTHERS - 2023 NRL GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will they deem this as a clash though?

Have we lost a game in the away jersey all year?

Edit - only against the Storm in Melb. Have not lost in the white jersey in NSW all year. I'm ok with the white.
Plus we didn’t lose that game. The ref handed it to them with his sun bins and also Reynos injury…. Which still makes me laugh by the way….

Does anyone know if we are wearing our Away Jerseys?
We probably will regardless... panther will either where black or pink, so we'll probs wear the white to avoid anything close to a clash

How is it decided who chooses? Can’t imagine both home shirts will be worn. Too much of a clash

Panthers as the higher placed team get first pick of jersey, first choice of locker room and get to run onto the field second

Why can’t we go with our retro jersey? The boys look absolute mint in it.

If we were to be superstitious, let’s go in with our ‘Away’ jersey and bring back the long waited Premiership trophy 🏆.

Only concern I have at the moment is how early we've ended up in Sydney.

Not sure if they just wanted to get out of the Brisbane hub to settle as a group and focus... create a siege mentality to come in and ambush.

Or if it's usual for interstate teams to head to Sydney this early.

They didn’t have a lot of choice; last night was awards and today was fan day. Coming down and going back is a nightmare.

Setting up at Coogee and training today and Saturday was ideal.

They have a session at Homebush Saturday.

Staff met Sunday and planned out the whole week and they’re all premiership winners they know.

Kev keeps them at the same hotel and tells them I won five comps here!

I'm happy with the white for 2006 vibes and even though I am in level 4, the Olympic Stadium is such a POS that I'm basically watching from the moon so it will be 'easier' for my weary eyes.

If we play our best our attack is second to none. I don't feel our best defensive effort is better than Penrith's. Our edges have been consistently fragile this year and our field domination kind of masks that.

We have to lift in defence. Plain and simple
Staggs is my main concern. He doesn’t need to rush up like he does. Hopefully they’ve told him to mark his man and trust his inside.

When in attack, players popping up at unusual positions would definitely put off the defensive side. Week 1 of our finals is a perfect example.

Though Kev said in the presser after we smashed the Storm grubs that the switch of our centers is not planned but just happened, I kind of feel that our coaching staff would include it in our game plan along with Maroons setup for Cleary come Sunday.

We weren’t the underdog in 93 though.
Actually we were, we may have been premiers in 1992, but we very much suffered a premiers hangover in 1993 that saw us just slip into the finals in 5th spot with some key injuries including Renouf and Matterson and no one at that stage had ever won a premiership from 5th spot. We had to win 3 finals games in Sydney just to qualify for the GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • MrRobot
  • kiwi2
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behold
  • leon.bott
  • Fozz
  • whykickamoocow
  • cento
  • Cavalo
  • broncsgoat
  • Lurker
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.