PRE-GAME [THE BIG DANCE] BRISBANE BRONCOS Vs PENRITH PANTHERS - 2023 NRL GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just having a sneaky peak at the Panthers forums (not sure if I'm on the main one, but it's a little bit tumbleweeds over there compared to here...), seems a couple are nervous, a couple are cocky, most are optimistic.

Couple of posts :
Broncs were fast and seem to have a lot of second phase play which is where the Eels often trouble us.

@1910 The Panthers supporters know ...

The Penrith Front Row forums are a lot busier and decidedly more confident :

I'll stop now, the smugness there is getting a bit irritating.
Flegler is already shitting himself and Carrigan will be about as effective as Cam Murray is against us."

deluded​

adjective

de·lud·ed di-ˈlü-dəd
dē-

Synonyms of deluded
: deceived by false beliefs
a deluded eccentric

: having or characterized by delusional ideas
deluded thinking

7 of those errors being in the first half, one of them leading directly to a try. Panthers made 2 in the first half against Storm.

Do that against the Panthers, they end the game in the first half.

Nah .
Because they way Brisbane play they force the opposition to make errors of their own ...
This is da Broncos not the Rabbitohs bro .

I see Liam Martin has the obligatory head wound that will bleed exactly when the riff need an interchange, I mean HIA. As does Cleary but it seems he's exempt from HIAs.
Our Paddy has one so I'm sure we'll manage to squeeze in an extra interchange or two.

In a GF one or two extra changes can mean the difference between winning and losing the whole box dice.

yeah , nah .
HIA means 15 mins off the field . If you get injuries in the mean time your interchange is fcked .

Everyone keeps focusing on our error counts as if they're unusually high. We made 10 errors against the Warriors. Panthers made 8 against the Storm. Basically no difference.

The Storm were absolutely and utterly shit. Penrith will murder us if we get that many errors, and it'll be the same advice for Penrith from their staff. Completion rate will be a very big stat in this match.

yeah , nah .
HIA means 15 mins off the field . If you get injuries in the mean time your interchange is fcked .
If you're due for a rest it's perfect mate as it is does not count as an interchange you were about to make. The HIA does not affect your ability to allow for injuries.

Everyone keeps focusing on our error counts as if they're unusually high. We made 10 errors against the Warriors. Panthers made 8 against the Storm. Basically no difference.
focus on error is the wrong stat. Most errors come from Reece BUT he triples the positives stats. Don't let fear hold you back. I am so confident in this team. I reckon we win by 8 with the Cats going at us in the last 10 and we hold strong with 12 men. Flegs in bin for late hit on Cleary at 72min mark.

Been reading a fair amount of coverage over the past week and most journos (ie NSW hacks) are all tipping Panthers because of “experience”.

If we do get up over them in the GF, I want to have a montage of sad and disappointed Penrith fans posted to their forums! 😂

Tristan Merlehan from Topsport believes that the reason the Broncos are as close in price ($2.35) is because of outside influence. Suggesting there is alot of action on the Broncos to hedge off those Panthers betr $101 odds promotion. Probably the company also I suggest. Thinks they would be 2.50 otherwise in the market

Broncos - The Underdog story.

Nearly the weekend… not long to go now. Just need to get through today and can then switch to grand final mode i.e. pacing back and forwards constantly

Haven’t read anything but who’s keen and who thinks we are in for a chance! ?

One of you guys maybe already commented ... bit strapped these days and not had time to read all the posts .. but .. if you want an example of the total arrogance of what it means to be a pussy ..oops sorry .. Panther ... Cleary Snr has apparently 'warned' the Broncs that you need to "lose one to win one" ... erm ... if memory serves, we had to win six to lose one. As Mark Twain said "there are lies, damn lies and statistics". Stats don't matter, it's heart and belief that matter. Go get 'em boys!!!

If you're due for a rest it's perfect mate as it is does not count as an interchange you were about to make. The HIA does not affect your ability to allow for injuries.
Yes it does . Get a player injured your HIA interchange guy can't come back for 15 minutes . Get a few in a short period and you could be compromised . For the sake of cheating . Nah not in Kevivie's game .

Yes it does . Get a player injured your HIA interchange guy can't come back for 15 minutes . Get a few in a short period and you could be compromised . For the sake of cheating . Nah not in Kevivie's game .
Can you tell me an instance when this scenario has happened - to any team in the comp this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Kev_Guz
  • Dash
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • leon.bott
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • dasherhalo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Brotherdu
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ettybay
  • jarro65
  • KateBroncos1812
  • phoenix
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.