NEWS The Brisbane Broncos’ secret weapon for disrupting the NRL top eight

Except Melbourne refuse to acknowledge the titles have been stripped or any wrongdoing. To this day they are attempting to have those titles re-instated and even threw a big party in '17 for the 10 year anniversary of their '07 premiership.
Haha Storm are living in Denial.

The day of the Storm being unbeatable are over and our pack has what it takes to put them on the back foot and keep them there. Titans got off to a great start against them and then collapsed, we are far more likely to go on with it.

Melbourne are three wins clear at the top of the ladder this season. Brisbane has beaten them four times in 27 starts since the 2006 grand final. Not impossible, but I'm writing off those two competition points.

Interestingly Melbourne knocked out Brisbane in the three finals series (2007, 2008 and 2009) after the gf. Bastards.

The day of the Storm being unbeatable are over

Well you have more optimism than I because they have been pretty close to unbeatable this season.

They have only dropped 2 games all season and both of them to the 2 teams that beaten them in a GF in recent times and have been a bogey for them. One of those games was by 2 point margin to Cronulla at Shark Park and the other was by a Latrell Mitchell field goal in golden point.

Even a 20 point lead by the Roosters in that game was barely enough. Titans put on a 12-0 lead in 7 mins on the weekend and 5 mins later they had already pegged it back to 12-12. They just have a superior culture to most teams, amazing depth and the fact they can get the best out of practically every member of their squad. The only team I can see knocking them off this year is a full strength Roosters so sadly this finals series for most of us is going to be one of the most unbearable ones in recent memory.

I hate the Storm as much as the next on here but I’ve come to grips with the fact in recent years that playing the Storm, especially at Suncorp, is just almost a non contest and I just pray we at least compete. They have several gears and always seem to find a higher gear when playing at Suncorp. I think the big Occassion and the dry surface usually plays into their hands.

Only hope of us beating them next week is if at least one of the following occurs:

1. Cameron Smith is ruled out
2. We play the game of our lives
3. Or Manly grudge game has them turn up very flat against us.

But even then they will find a way to get up for us like always. Cam Smith and Cam Munster are always on a mission to stick one up us for not signing them early in their careers.

Realistically I’m just hoping we beat the Titans, at least compete with The Storm and then go out and win in Townsville the following week. I could live with that.

Last edited:
Well you have more optimism than I because they have been pretty close to unbeatable this season.

They have only dropped 2 games all season and both of them to the 2 teams that beaten them in a GF in recent times and have been a bogey for them. One of those games was by 2 point margin to Cronulla at Shark Park and the other was by a Latrell Mitchell field goal in golden point.

Even a 20 point lead by the Roosters in that game was barely enough. Titans put on a 12-0 lead in 7 mins on the weekend and 5 mins later they had already pegged it back to 12-12. They just have a superior culture to most teams, amazing depth and the fact they can get the best out of practically every member of their squad. The only team I can see knocking them off this year is a full strength Roosters so sadly this finals series for most of us is going to be one of the most unbearable ones in recent memory.

I hate the Storm as much as the next on here but I’ve come to grips with the fact in recent years that playing the Storm, especially at Suncorp, is just almost a non contest and I just pray we at least compete. They have several gears and always seem to find a higher gear when playing at Suncorp. I think the big Occassion and the dry surface usually plays into their hands.

Only hope of us beating them next week is if at least one of the following occurs:

But even then they will find a way to get up for us like always. Cam Smith and Cam Munster are always on a mission to stick one up us for not signing them early in their careers.

Realistically I’m just hoping we beat the Titans, at least compete with The Storm and then go out and win in Townsville the following week. I could live with that.

It's exhausting watching these ***** killing it , they loose their best players and get even better. I hope they get smashed in the finals!

We'll get them this time you watch. This new Broncs pack is just starting to play for each other and the rest of the packs will be put on notice as from the Storm game.

As much as we love to hate them, they are the yardstick. They bring professionalism, continuity and enterprise to the game. It’s easy to hate them for some of their tactics and I’m no no different at times. But it’s up to the game and judicial process to shut down anything illegal, so blame should squarely be later at their feet.

I dare say if roles were reversed, we would feel the opposite.
It's worse because all of my extended family are storm fans, smug fuckers

Fucking hate them to the core but Craig Bellamy has had Justin Olam in the run on side for the past 4 weeks and that hate has mellowed a bit. Can't believe I want them to win the premiership if Olam is a regular till GF day. At least it keeps the Rorters from equalling our back to back premiership record.

Still think the Roosters playing somewhere near 100% have too much for them

Sadly, they have every right to be, but you can always remind them that they stole our recipe for success. Somehow we lost that recipe. Sadly.
Oh I do , but the worst thing is that I wasn't here when we beat them in the GF . But have sat through countless beatings, one day I might get the chance to give it back to them.

We have to be honest, we won't beat the Melbourne Storm.

We may beat every other team we are playing until the end of this regular season, but there's just no way we can beat the Storm. We can give them a really difficult game though.

This is precisely the attitude seibold needs to completely eradicate from the forum playing ranks.

If we have Dearden and SOS in the halves and Boyd at centre for the rest of these games I'm tipping we go 6/7 and make the eight.

The day of the Storm being unbeatable are over and our pack has what it takes to put them on the back foot and keep them there. Titans got off to a great start against them and then collapsed, we are far more likely to go on with it.

It's a big ask to get Tommy and Sully to gel so quickly, but I think youthful exuberance will get them through. C'mon the Broncs!!
In all seriousness... When is SOS due back?

Thought Dearden was supposed to be back this week

That first paragraph. That's amazing.. crazy to really think but Melbourne are just sooo far in front of everyone else that it really isn't much of a competition

The Storm's relentless drive for absolute perfection is fucking sickening really. They continue to suck out the last bit of enjoyment that I have in the game with every game I watch them. **** you Bellamy..... rant over.

The Storm's relentless drive for absolute perfection is fucking sickening really. They continue to suck out the last bit of enjoyment that I have in the game with every game I watch them. **** you Bellamy..... rant over.
Wait till it happens here. You'll feel the opposite. The willingness of our youngsters have given us a light at the end of the tunnel to look forward too. Compare that to the shit happening at Sharks and Dragons not to mention Knights not putting in with experience all over the park. Bask in the improvements that come with a young team growing in both confidence and experience week by week and Oh Yeah ....**** Cam Smith and the Storm.

Last edited:
I have no doubt any team can beat any other team on the day. I've said it before on this forum, the Sharks have shown exactly what is required and it's the oldest method in rugby league, put simply 'bash the ***** until they stop running'.

When they beat them in the gf they won it in the first half by doing nothing but hitting them hard everytime, everywhere. We need our big guys to be a lot more aggressive even if it's a risky strategy. I expect a resounding win over the tits and a close win over Melbourne. The game against the cows makes me the most nervous of the trio.

Last edited:
I think our previous style has played right into their hands. One out forward runs to where their middles catch us, wrap up the ball, third takes the legs, ref calls held and then they lower the player onto the ground on their back (and dont get penslised for proceeding with the tackle)..

For years we have continued to run one out and expected a different result. I hope this time, we can get forwards running at their edge making their second rowers and halves go for legs tackles.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.