RANT The Broncos board

**** I wish someone with deep pockets would buy out News' stake.

Someone who genuinely wants to build the place from the ground up again and see sustained success on the field.

This bloke was interested a few years back.

Not sure I go much on his dictator approach, but anyway.

Can’t see news selling unless the NRL implement a policy of no listed or privately owned clubs and they don’t have the balls to do that.

this is the comp that you're left with under that policy

Canberra Raiders, Canterbury Bulldogs, Cronulla Sharks, North Queensland Cowboys, Parramatta Eels, Penrith Panthers, St George Illawarra Dragons, Sydney Roosters and Wests Tigers.

Unreal that he’s a self-made man and never made it past grade 3 at school. My adopted dad used to work for him and mum was his banker.
A Toowoomba legend. He was building bloody everything when we were growing up. Made his money but also gave a lot back to the community. Sponsorships out the wazoo for sporting teams too.

this is the comp that you're left with under that policy

Canberra Raiders, Canterbury Bulldogs, Cronulla Sharks, North Queensland Cowboys, Parramatta Eels, Penrith Panthers, St George Illawarra Dragons, Sydney Roosters and Wests Tigers.
Yes I know but what I meant was that other clubs like souths etc. would have to convert over to that sort of format.

This bloke was interested a few years back.

Not sure I go much on his dictator approach, but anyway.
Koukash is a loony when owning teams. Salford Devils was rather tumultuous

Crash Craddock on one of the Fox NRL shows tonight mentioned Peter Nolan would also be getting the arse. So that might be another piece of deadwood thrown out to enable some sort of footy department overhaul hopefully.

Last edited:
I was completely and utterly disappointed today with White. Not because he was highlighting positive things about Seibs or being respectful to him, but more so just lack of crap and lack of hard-line in regards to where they are going and what they are doing. Was pure dribble and poorly scripted and delivered.

I was completely and utterly disappointed today with White. Not because he was highlighting positive things about Seibs or being respectful to him, but more so just lack of crap and lack of hard-line in regards to where they are going and what they are doing. Was pure dribble and poorly scripted and delivered.
He doesn't give a ****, the conference was taking away from his seek.com browsing time.

Well what an ignominious end for these two. The power to preside over this shitshow has surely shown us their quality. At this point I'll put my faith and trust in Ikin, KW or Green or whomever to restore some pride back in that jersey. When we can again produce , retain and develop young talent and just be a competitive NRL team and NRL powerhouse Club again , will be a glorious day.

Crash Craddock on one of the Fox NRL shows tonight mentioned Peter Nolan would also be getting the arse. So that might be another piece of deadwood thrown out to enable some sort of footy department overhaul hopefully.

How is Nolan dead wood, he's been there for 20 years survived all the coaches of the Broncos and you can not say that he isn't handing over a team to the coach to play football.

I have said it before but 10 weeks ago he was being carried through the streets of Brisbane for recruiting 10 future Immortals now they are all duds and it's his fault.

How is Nolan dead wood, he's been there for 20 years survived all the coaches of the Broncos and you can not say that he isn't handing over a team to the coach to play football.

I have said it before but 10 weeks ago he was being carried through the streets of Brisbane for recruiting 10 future Immortals now they are all duds and it's his fault.
Yeah we have no shortage of very talented young players coming into first grade. The problem is the shit show that’s awaited them at the top.

Did he have anything to do with player options? or was that up to the board.

Either way it's been an expensive lesson.

Can’t have the cart before the horse. Can’t have the old admin selecting the new coach - has to be done after the new CEO etc is in place. They have to select and be responsible going forward.

Last edited:

10 weeks ago we were in the middle of being beaten by Manly after leading 18-nil and being hammered by the Knights, all after our worse ever loss to the Roosters so i don't think the mood in here was carrying anyone through the streets of Brisbane.

10 future immortals? Really?

There is really no need to exaggerate to get your sledgehammer "told you so" points across...

10 weeks ago we were in the middle of being beaten by Manly after leading 18-nil and being hammered by the Knights, all after our worse ever loss to the Roosters so i don't think the mood in here was carrying anyone through the streets of Brisbane.

10 future immortals? Really?

There is really no need to exaggerate to get your sledgehammer "told you so" points across...

10, 11 or 13 weeks does it matter? Brisbane fans were pretty happy with this squad in March- best pack ever was mentioned often.

The point is earlier this year this squad was being herald as outstanding. Now the guy that recruited them is a dud- that doesn't add up.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • LittleDavey
  • Aldo
  • Nerd
  • phoenix
  • Astro
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Gaz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Big Del
  • Allo
  • mrtij
  • Johnny92
  • theshed
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.