RANT The Broncos board

Did he have anything to do with player options? or was that up to the board.

Either way it's been an expensive lesson.

He's on the committee with Lockyer, White and coach that manages the list. I couldn't say what percent of involvement he has in length of deals and options.

He's on the committee with Lockyer, White and coach that manages the list. I couldn't say what percent of involvement he has in length of deals and options.

I have no inside knowledge and this is only an opinion, but it feels like that those decisions are more on White. The way boards usually operate is that they tend not to involve themselves in operational matters and that would appear to fall within an operational decision (but you probably have more insight into it in any event).

How is Nolan dead wood, he's been there for 20 years survived all the coaches of the Broncos and you can not say that he isn't handing over a team to the coach to play football.

I have said it before but 10 weeks ago he was being carried through the streets of Brisbane for recruiting 10 future Immortals now they are all duds and it's his fault.

You are quite possibly correctly 1910, and I have probably been a bit unfair and made the mistake of painting all the current footy department staff with the same tainted brush. There is just such a stink of ineptitude over the whole joint and it is likely a collective 'effort' on a few individuals who have been making what seems like so many poor decisions over recent years.

'Deadwood' as I referred to Nolan might be unfairly harsh, but it is a case of guilty by association with the rest of them I guess in terms of how fans are feeling at the moment.

Last edited:
10, 11 or 13 weeks does it matter? Brisbane fans were pretty happy with this squad in March- best pack ever was mentioned often.

The point is earlier this year this squad was being herald as outstanding. Now the guy that recruited them is a dud- that doesn't add up.
I'd contend that the squad that got flogged 58-0 in the first round of the finals last year was likely not ubiquitously being lauded as "outstanding" nor was it after game 1/2 where we barely got through with a win. We definitely did not look like a team of immortals pushing aside opposition with ease - we have a lot of potential which is something to be positive about - but it's all wank till it's in the bank. If people never live up to their expectations then they aren't what we need them to be.

Is that on Noble? probably not, all he can do is find what talent is out there. What may potentially be on Noble though is the ones we didn't get - but that's a pretty rough old path to judge someone on.

Broncos have the most juniors of any team in the competition in one of the best areas in Rugby league to get talent, I think an idiot could find talent in that role to be frank.

Broncos have the most juniors of any team in the competition in one of the best areas in Rugby league to get talent, I think an idiot could find talent in that role to be frank.
This may come as a shock to you, but it’s not 1968 anymore. We have aeroplanes and mobile phones with cameras and we even have Rugby League players who play for a club that isn’t down the end of the street from the suburb they grew up in these days.

If the number of juniors in Brisbane had any bearing on our recruitment success then two thirds of our current squad wouldn’t come from New Zealand and New South Wales.

This may come as a shock to you, but it’s not 1968 anymore. We have aeroplanes and mobile phones with cameras and we even have Rugby League players who play for a club that isn’t down the end of the street from the suburb they grew up in these days.

If the number of juniors in Brisbane had any bearing on our recruitment success then two thirds of our current squad wouldn’t come from New Zealand and New South Wales.
I didn't say we are limited to our area, but it is one of the best areas to get talent.

How is Nolan dead wood, he's been there for 20 years survived all the coaches of the Broncos and you can not say that he isn't handing over a team to the coach to play football.

I have said it before but 10 weeks ago he was being carried through the streets of Brisbane for recruiting 10 future Immortals now they are all duds and it's his fault.

That's not accurate.

How can you "survive all the coaches" when he left after the Henjak disaster, and didn't sign again until his mate Wayne was rumoured to be heading back?

That's not accurate.

How can you "survive all the coaches" when he left after the Henjak disaster, and didn't sign again until his mate Wayne was rumoured to be heading back?

Fair cop that, sorry forgot Hook.

He seems pretty good at recruiting athletes whose ‘brand’ is more important than their performance on the pitch, doesn’t seem much chop at recruiting footballers who actually want to play rugby league...

are we in agreement a independent internal review of football operations is required during this off season?

Not sure who exactly would organise this, probably News Ltd

are we in agreement a independent internal review of football operations is required during this off season?

Not sure who exactly would organise this, probably News Ltd
Not just football operations. They need to get to the bottom of how the business wankers screwed it all up so badly.

The board could very well get a very deep understanding of the word Irony very shortly.
Imagine, just for a moment if Souffs and WB went on to win the premiership.
That would be worthy of a rewrite from Alanis.

Lockyer needs to be the first one cut from the board. Great footballer. Hopeless at making board-level decisions. He’s just not up to it.

The board could very well get a very deep understanding of the word Irony very shortly.
Imagine, just for a moment if Souffs and WB went on to win the premiership.
That would be worthy of a rewrite from Alanis.
Yeah and on top of that us and the cowboys who fought out the 2015 Grand Final could be fighting it out to see who gets the spoon in the last game of the season. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Yeah and on top of that us and the cowboys who fought out the 2015 Grand Final could be fighting it out to see who gets the spoon in the last game of the season. Unbelievable.

Green was just too close to the problem. HES A GOOD COACH I SWEAR!!!!

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosgirl
  • maddo
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.