The Broncos.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I just wanted to say how wrapped I am with how Paul White and Andrew Gee are running the club at the moment. They just seem the be hitting winners all the time. Ever since they pulled the trigger on Henjak I think everything has been running so well. They have been doing a great job and I hope they keep it up. :respect:

Just thought they deserved a pat on the back.

I just wanted to say how wrapped I am with how Paul White and Andrew Gee are running the club at the moment. They just seem the be hitting winners all the time. Ever since they pulled the trigger on Henjak I think everything has been running so well. They have been doing a great job and I hope they keep it up. :respect:

Just thought they deserved a pat on the back.

QFT

2010 still haunts me, the only positive out of that season is all the young players were brought up.

loving it, it seems like Griffin is a guy they want to play for coz the attitude is so much different now, then it was in 2010. Its so good to see.

I think we had to experience 2009-10 to appreciate what we have now (and what we had for 20 years with Bennett). If we went straight from Bennett to Griffin then it would have just seemed like business as usual.

Loving this club big-time at the moment. They're just a joy to watch.

I don't think everything Henjak did was bad. For one, he brought in all these juniors, like Yow Yeh, Glenn, McCullough, Hunt, Gillett, Hoffman, Norman etc. They were just starting out in those days, and now they are mostly all established first graders.

I don't think everything Henjak did was bad. For one, he brought in all these juniors, like Yow Yeh, Glenn, McCullough, Hunt, Gillett, Hoffman, Norman etc. They were just starting out in those days, and now they are mostly all established first graders.
Henjak did plenty of good stuff. I liked some of the attacking ploys he put together, and like you said, he elevated plenty of youngsters into the team.

As coach, one of your primary tasks is to motivate your players to work as a team and for eachother, as well as make them resilient and believe in themselves to overcome adversity. None of that was achieved by Henjak, on the contrary!
That and the strong rumours that he was an isolated man after alienating most of the senior players in the squad, because he wouldn't listen or accept opinions contrary to his, and hung some players out to dry after some of the embarrassing defeats, was enough to bury him. (I heard these were the most damaging facts on the report that forced White's hand)

Now compare that to the way Hook handled the Gillett matter this weekend...

How the **** does every thread get taken off topic?? Go make a Henjak thread if that's what you want to talk about. This thread was supposed to be about giving the current admin and CEO a pat on the back.

How the **** does every thread get taken off topic?? Go make a Henjak thread if that's what you want to talk about. This thread was supposed to be about giving the current admin and CEO a pat on the back.

Um pretty sure the thread is about "The Broncos"

One of the most important things (THE most important imo) White and Gee did, was dumping Henjak mate, something you said yourself.
As such, I think the conversation is definitely relevant to the topic, because that was the first major step to move the Broncos away from the path they took under Henjak's reign!

After that, I love how they have managed the roster, giving the confidence to the players, especially the youngsters, that they won't drop them for whoever comes on the market. In fact, besides trying to get Inglis after Folau left and before discovering Reed, they haven't made any waves on the player market outside of the current Broncos group.

So yeah, they deserve all the wraps they get! :respect:

the 2010 broncos would of lost that game against souths last week. i love the teams attitude these days. and i love the way griffin is handling things.

you'd have to say, our team is improving every week so far this year. and with 4 wins outta 5, things are looking good!

2010 still haunts me, the only positive out of that season is all the young players were brought up.

missing the finals in 2010 was the best thing that couldve happened to our club.

for the 10 years before that, many people - especially on here - would use the old 'we made the finals so everythings going great' line, when things couldnt have been further from the truth. making the finals and getting flogged in successive matches to be eliminated is nothing to be happy about.

we needed to miss the finals so people would finally realise that we needed some changes. we missed the finals, we got a new coach, we dumped some dead weight, and we came within a game of the grand final the next year, and we're off to a cracking start this year.

getting rid of bennett and then missing the finals is the best thing to happen to this club in the last 12 years IMO.

i literally could not be happier or more excited about the Broncos now. they have always been my team, but from the mid 00's up until 2009-2010 i was not liking very much about where they were headed, how they were playing, or who they were recruiting/keeping around. if we lost back then it didnt really bother me that much as i disliked half of our players, our coach, and how the team was being run. now im like a 12 year old school girl at a justice beaver concert whenever the broncos are playing. absolutely love it.

Last edited:
Missing the finals in 2010 was better for the boys as they had learnt from the expirence and were fired up to improve, and it showed as we missed the Grand Final by 1 game the next year. Love how the club is being run it's something every team can inspire too.

I look at clubs like Parramatta where the inmates (sponsors, ex players, current players) are running the assylum, and the Gold Coast Titans being run into the ground by a bloke who appears to be above reproach, the Tigers who are so far in denial about the talents of their coach and playing stars etc, and couldn't be MORE pleased that all we hear out of the Broncos head office is a "letter to the members" once a quarter in a magazine.

It's all quiet, the coach is coaching the football team, the ceo is running the business, the players are performing and getting recognised within and without the club for being great blokes.

-------

It's so nice to have the media onside, after years of them sniping at Bennett and co and all the dirty laundry being published. It's the way things should be, and the way a successful business operates!

missing the finals in 2010 was the best thing that couldve happened to our club.

for the 10 years before that, many people - especially on here - would use the old 'we made the finals so everythings going great' line, when things couldnt have been further from the truth. making the finals and getting flogged in successive matches to be eliminated is nothing to be happy about.

we needed to miss the finals so people would finally realise that we needed some changes. we missed the finals, we got a new coach, we dumped some dead weight, and we came within a game of the grand final the next year, and we're off to a cracking start this year.

getting rid of bennett and then missing the finals is the best thing to happen to this club in the last 12 years IMO.

i literally could not be happier or more excited about the Broncos now. they have always been my team, but from the mid 00's up until 2009-2010 i was not liking very much about where they were headed, how they were playing, or who they were recruiting/keeping around. if we lost back then it didnt really bother me that much as i disliked half of our players, our coach, and how the team was being run. now im like a 12 year old school girl at a justice beaver concert whenever the broncos are playing. absolutely love it.

It's a... crime fighting beaver.

Hook speaks for himself. Prides his play on defence & the attack often follows. I said it back in 2010, there were only a few coaches I wanted to replace Henjak - Griffin was one of them and he's well and truly justified my opinion.

I've got to ask though, what's White done to receive praise here? The only move I'm aware of is him bringing Hook into replace Henjak, a move that was decided on before he received the position but was deferred onto him essentially for political reasons. That isn't taking a shot at him as I don't follow everything that happens on the business side of the Broncos but honestly curious.

Unread

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.