NEWS The dirt has begun

He was a fullback when he was signed from Canberra on a million or thereabouts. I’m just mentioning factual history. I’ll call any club a capcheat who are. Smokes been billowing out for years (see Andrew Gee), now a player has just had enough bullshit on other matters to raise it formally for once and the bed that’s been made must now be slept in. You can stick your head in the sand all you want, I’m gonna call the duck a duck.
I think I’ve explained it nicely, mate.

If you're talking 'facts' the only club who offered him a million when he signed with Brisbane was the Raiders.

If the latest reports are true, it doesn't appear Tevita has a leg to stand on.

Most people don’t have the ability to look inwards, critique themselves or accept blame. Tevita is not one of those people, if anything he’s proven himself to be very dumb and very honest. This is exactly why whistleblowers need protection, the victim blaming is disgusting.

I think the other anecdote about Seibold and Roberts is far more telling of the situation and why Seibold was ultimately doomed to failure. It doesn't matter how shit hot you are when it comes to game plans and statistics, if you can't man manage you won't be a good head coach.

At the end of the day Lockyer is a board member he has no title he is one of many. He does cop some blame but he isn't the Chairman or the CEO, this is his first role in the football business outside of playing the ones giving him this much responsibility should be looked at.

But I wouldn't throw him under the bus, afterall he is arguably our greatest ever player and clubman, any broncos culture we hope to have like in the past he was there for the majority of it.

But if the men aren't going to participate, you can be the Warren Buffett or Peter Drucker of management, you are still going to fail. Ivan had it correct, your on the bus or we are leaving you at the stop.

He was a fullback when he was signed from Canberra on a million or thereabouts. I’m just mentioning factual history. I’ll call any club a capcheat who are. Smokes been billowing out for years (see Andrew Gee), now a player has just had enough bullshit on other matters to raise it formally for once and the bed that’s been made must now be slept in. You can stick your head in the sand all you want, I’m gonna call the duck a duck.
I think I’ve explained it nicely, mate.
Oh spare me. Either your memory is failing you or, as I suspect, you just don't know very much about the club. Milford's last contract was signed after a couple of years at 5/8. Again, this was explained for you in my earlier post.

Maybe you'll prove me wrong and prove to be an actual supporter of the club, but all signs are pointing towards a lazy troll so far.

Oh spare me. Either your memory is failing you or, as I suspect, you just don't know very much about the club. Milford's last contract was signed after a couple of years at 5/8. Again, this was explained for you in my earlier post.

Maybe you'll prove me wrong and prove to be an actual supporter of the club, but all signs are pointing towards a lazy troll so far.

(Furious googling)

At the end of the day Lockyer is a board member he has no title he is one of many. He does cop some blame but he isn't the Chairman or the CEO, this is his first role in the football business outside of playing the ones giving him this much responsibility should be looked at.

But I wouldn't throw him under the bus, afterall he is arguably our greatest ever player and clubman, any broncos culture we hope to have like in the past he was there for the majority of it.

I’m sure Lockyer will be on channel 9 spinning his on the fence bs.

Most people don’t have the ability to look inwards, critique themselves or accept blame. Tevita is not one of those people, if anything he’s proven himself to be very dumb and very honest. This is exactly why whistleblowers need protection, the victim blaming is disgusting.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Locky looks like he's a 'yes' man. Probably a bit naive when he was thrown into the job and is too nice to tread on anyone's toes.

That anecdote typified the relationship between the players and Seibs. The players were being overloaded with information and instead of being hands on Seibs would continue to lecture them.

Maybe I'm behind the times, but his whole approach to training seemed very impersonal. They'd play a session out, Seibs would record it, review the footage and take notes of each individual's efforts. He'd then invite them into watch the footage and point out the pros and cons. Listening to the player's talk about it, it all seemed very foreign and the results speak for themselves.

I don't think a lot of the players, especially the senior players really bought into it.
A very interesting insight into what went on at Red Hill. Thanks for that.

Joel Gould posted his article, if you guys can remember he was the journalist that was banned from Red Hill for sending a disparasing SMS about Seibold to the wrong bloke.

He's been sitting on this for awhile.

The Roberts anecdote is pretty damning of both Seibs and the players.

JG is right, but the thing that I can't work out is why, even before Seibold was hired I liked how he talked about football and I had been listening for a while- early 00, I'd spoken to him, long before even Souths and I thought that makes sense. He just made sense to me. But obviously I am in the minority.

All the skills I thought he had he didn't have or didn't show and I can't figure out why. He was rigid and inflexible, he didn't coach for different players, and he didn't relate to people at all in there.

It's like he just threw everything he should know about teaching and coaching out and tried to change the role but the basic skills just don't change. Even as a player- I bet he would have hated to be coached by himself- that's should tell him plenty.

I was warned by several coaching mates in the NRL- who when he was hired said this will go badly, he hasn't had success anywhere he has been and I did look at it and knew he hadn't but thought that's all learning some guys come in with ISC records of 60% and two grand finals and fail too.

I have never seen a coach say the right things and seem to have the skills and then just not do it at all.

Thanks for the reminders @Cult3

JG is right, but the thing that I can't work out is why, even before Seibold was hired I liked how he talked about football and I had been listening for a while- early 00, I'd spoken to him, long before even Souths and I thought that makes sense. He just made sense to me. But obviously I am in the minority.

All the skills I thought he had he didn't have or didn't show and I can't figure out why. He was rigid and inflexible, he didn't coach for different players, and he didn't relate to people at all in there.

It's like he just threw everything he should know about teaching and coaching out and tried to change the role but the basic skills just don't change. Even as a player- I bet he would have hated to be coached by himself- that's should tell him plenty.

I was warned by several coaching mates in the NRL- who when he was hired said this will go badly, he hasn't had success anywhere he has been and I did look at it and knew he hadn't but thought that's all learning some guys come in with ISC records of 60% and two grand finals and fail too.

I have never seen a coach say the right things and seem to have the skills and then just not do it at all.

Do you think his methods were perhaps curtailed at all by our management?

Or did he come in thinking being signed for the biggest club in the land meant he had made it and could just demand respect and expect success no matter what? Basically just let the ego go straight to his head?

Last edited:

Thanks for the insight 1910. Seibs definitely seems to have a real talent for hoodwinking people in relation to his coaching philosophies and ability. The board foolishly fell for it (as did I). The players obviously didn't.

Last edited:

Active Now

• OnToSomething
  • Griffo
  • Astro
  • Pablo
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.