SPOILER The dynasty begins: The Brisbane Broncos are winning the 2024 NRL Premiership

one fucking thread is all i fucking ask ... it's not too fucking much.

FFS, you have 1000 other fucking threads to take your negativity to!

Read above.

Read above.

well then, I suppose it's time for the annual staff event where they try to run me out of BHQ ...

Fair warning every time you bring your negativity to this post I'm going to reply as i did in the previous post.

while I have no illusions about my ability to win this, I'm a stubborn ****. you should know that by now

And now they're above us.
But the Warriors Eels and Bunnies are below us who were all high achievers over the last few years. I still believe after origin we will go on a run. Lets see if Bulldogs are above us cone September. I don't believe they will be but they are definitely a team on the up

Man the team stats on NRL.com are an interesting read. Our metres gained aren't horrible but we are have the most errors out of any team and the least possession. If we cut the errors and play more conservatively then we start to move away from what made us successful last year.

In our defence we are missing almost half the team compared to finals last year. Reynolds, Walsh, Capewell, Herbie, Flegler and Palasia. From that perspective it's no surprise we suck atm.

Interestingly Cows are doing surprisingly well in the stats department.

Man the team stats on NRL.com are an interesting read. Our metres gained aren't horrible but we are have the most errors out of any team and the least possession. If we cut the errors and play more conservatively then we start to move away from what made us successful last year.

In our defence we are missing almost half the team compared to finals last year. Reynolds, Walsh, Capewell, Herbie, Flegler and Palasia. From that perspective it's no surprise we suck atm.

Interestingly Cows are doing surprisingly well in the stats department.
I wish they had a stat on it, but I think territory is killing us atm. While we probably played a lot from our half last year too, without Walsh and Reynolds we seem pretty lost in trying to attack from our half. We seem like a slower team without them too.

Fox Sports mid season report card. Seems pretty accurate.

BRISBANE BRONCOS

Ladder: 8th

Grade: B-

Season so far: 2024 has been a mixed bag for the Brisbane Broncos. In some games, they’ve been excellent. In others, they’ve been mediocre. Take their Round 12 loss to the Titans, when they failed to exert match control with victory in their hands and allowed the Titans to score three tries in eight minutes to steal the two points. Kevin Walters’ side is arguably the competition’s most talented, and they play like it in most games. It’s in the games where they forget how good they are and allow silly errors and ill discipline to creep into their game that they let themselves down. Injuries haven’t helped, with Adam Reynolds and Reece Walsh spending plenty of time on the sidelines this season. But still, this Broncos side has enough depth to win some of the games they’ve been losing.

Biggest issue: Consistency.Errors are also a problem for Brisbane, no side has made more this season. But they were also error-riddled in 2023 and it didn’t seem to impact them too heavily. In 2024, their consistency has been a major issue. They’ve only been able to piece together consecutive wins twice this season, between Rounds 6-8 and Rounds 10-11. Having not won since mid-May, Brisbane find themselves on the fringes of the top eight, with plenty of sides breathing down their neck for a finals berth if the Broncos fail to piece together a good month of footy.

Standout player: Selwyn Cobbo. Many doubted whether the young outside back could shift seamlessly into the centres. But hasn’t he done just that, looking electric every time he’s taken the field and caused nightmares for defenders almost every time he’s touched the ball this season. Across 12 games this season, Cobbo has five tries and averages 128 run metres and five tackle breaks per game. The Origin representative has been a handful.

Who needs to lift: Everyone. It’s hard to pinpoint one particular player who’s had a poor season and needs to lift over the back half of the season. Brisbane’s big name players have either performed well this year (Carrigan, Haas, Cobbo and Mam) or been injured (Reynolds, Walsh). When everyone is fit and firing, there will be no excuses for the Broncos. They’ll need to perform.

If we cut the errors and play more conservatively then we start to move away from what made us successful last year.
The thing I've noticed is that our errors aren't because we are playing high risk expansive footy, it's because a good amount of players are having a hard time holding onto the ball. Either the players aren't focused enough on gameday to catch a football, or we have players who are unfit and making errors because of this.

The thing I've noticed is that our errors aren't because we are playing high risk expansive footy, it's because a good amount of players are having a hard time holding onto the ball. Either the players aren't focused enough on gameday to catch a football, or we have players who are unfit and making errors because of this.
It looks like fitness... we have looked out on our feet plenty of time this year... compared to last year where we were running over teams in the final 20mins.

Thank fucking god we aren't being forced back to Vegas next year... hopefully we won't have to head there again for the rest of the 5yr deal... completely fucked our preseason

It looks like fitness... we have looked out on our feet plenty of time this year... compared to last year where we were running over teams in the final 20mins.

Thank fucking god we aren't being forced back to Vegas next year... hopefully we won't have to head there again for the rest of the 5yr deal... completely fucked our preseason

I think it has also led to increased injuries and injuries have compounded the lack of preseason problem.

It would explain why we can't defend our line anymore either. It's bizarre that our fitness could change so much from one year to the next, but the disrupted preseason may have a bigger impact than I initially thought.

We are the only team that went to Vegas that went deep into the finals plus international duties.

Didn't we lose someone from our strength and conditioning team early in the season as well? I think all of these things have contributed. Sadly I don't think we're a genuine threat this year, but I'd love to eat those words come season's end.

God those errors are killing us...

But im still sticking with the below prediction.

Yea it looks like a tough road ahead, but to since I'm feeling kind, here's some spoilers just for you:
Rounds 15 - 17: includes a bye, we continue to play scrappy though origin affected rounds and injuries. Enough to remain in the 8, but not enough to keep BHQ from a meltdown.
Round 18: everyone is back and firing (except Reynolds), but we completely dominate the Panthers at home to send a message to the rest of the comp that we're back. This also starts 10 weeks of destruction where we only leave qld once.
Round 19 - 23: Dragons, Knights, Bulldogs, Titans & Cowboys. Smash them all.
Round 24: Bye
Round 25 - 27: Reynolds returns and we're back to our 2023 best - destoying the Eels, Dolphins and Storm at Suncorp.

Ladder finishes the regular season looking something like this:

View attachment 28235

**** off, Santa.
Merry Christmas GIF by LookHUMAN

I will only write us off unless Reyno gets back and gets reinjured, I know how good we can be with our full squad and will not fall for the depression propaganda yet alteast.

Oof never looked in that one. Have absolutely fallen into the hole this season and nothing in reserve to bring in due to injuries and salary cap.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Dreaglor
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Hurrijo
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • DrGee
  • Kenny powers
  • Scdeac
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Nightwatchman
  • thenry
  • LGH
  • bert_lifts
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.