Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The five key contract calls Brisbane must make
in desperate rebuild

Peter Badel,
The Courier-Mail
September 18, 2019 6:00am

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from the made up figures, the points he raises are all good and true.

Yeh sadly, a lot of the points he raises are undeniable. However, I'm not sure an aging Benji is the answer to any of our woes.

You need to start from the top and decide who is managing/coaching the group to achieve success. I've said once before, but I think getting Hodgo onboard as an assistant coach will certainly improve their attitude towards competing consistently. Maybe even get Parker on a one year deal too and see how he goes. When players are not being made accountable by their peers (Skipper) then it's up to the coaching staff to come down hard on them until someone picks up the slack.

Yeh sadly, a lot of the points he raises are undeniable. However, I'm not sure an aging Benji is the answer to any of our woes.

You need to start from the top and decide who is managing/coaching the group to achieve success. I've said once before, but I think getting Hodgo onboard as an assistant coach will certainly improve their attitude towards competing consistently. Maybe even get Parker on a one year deal too and see how he goes. When players are not being made accountable by their peers (Skipper) then it's up to the coaching staff to come down hard on them until someone picks up the slack.
Hodges would be a step in the right direction. No matter which way you look at it, it’s a fucken mess and the game on Sunday isn’t the only embarrassment or disappointment, it’s the whole football department that didn’t or couldn’t see this train wreck coming. I’d be surprised and disappointed if News Ltd don’t have their henchmen in to clean out those responsible.

I particularly like the part about Bird having to deliver on the field and how it highlights what we all know - Badel has NFI.

Pretty hard to simply walk with an exploded knee, you flog.

Tristan Sailor would make for an interesting signing.

Potential galore, and an option for both wing and fb should we offload some players.

Won't happen though.

Last edited:
I particularly like the part about Bird having to deliver on the field and how it highlights what we all know - Badel has NFI.

Pretty hard to simply walk with an exploded knee, you flog.

The only bad thing bird did this year was he bombed a couple of certain tries. I hope he gets over his injury woes.

Sailor looks like a Matty Bowen doesn't he?

I'd like to see what Arthurs has got or Niu or basically anyone that isn't going to cost a million dollars.

Sailor looks like a Matty Bowen doesn't he?

I'd like to see what Arthurs has got or Niu or basically anyone that isn't going to cost a million dollars.
Should've made a play at Gebbie, all and sundry could see him ripping it up in Q Cup.

I think it’s a decent suggestion. Having a look at who’s off contract and possibly unwanted at other clubs here is the team I’d aim to build by the end of 2020

1. Holmes / Papenhuyzen / L. Mitchell
2. Farnworth
3. Bird (VC)
4. Staggs
5. Isaako/Perese
6. Milford
7. Sezer/Tyrone Roberts/Croft
8. Lodge (C)
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Seggy
15. Offa
16. Glenn
17. Flegler

I would have Justin Hodges and Corey Parker as coaching staff and while Seibold crunches the numbers and builds a game plan, those 2 are tasked with motivating or tearing the ass out of the team.

Last edited:
WTF?? i didnt know the full extent of the gillett contract, 4 years after a broken neck and until he is 34!? Who on earth thought that was a good investment? I though boyd's contract terms were poor but that takes the cake.

Why did we let Benji go again? That's right Bennett didn't see anything valuable in him long term because we had Niko.

FML

Badel must be paid by the article, and this week he's going to be fuckin rolling in it.
Lucky for him he doesn't get paid by how many facts he gets right ... Otherwise, he would be lining up for food stamps

Geez I'm betting Coates, Farnworth and Tommy Deardon are thanking Seibs for leaving them at home and thus avoiding this whole shitstorm.

I think it’s a decent suggestion. Having a look at who’s off contract and possibly unwanted at other clubs here is the team I’d aim to build by the end of 2020

1. Holmes / Papenhuyzen / L. Mitchell
2. Farnworth
3. Bird (VC)
4. Staggs
5. Isaako/Perese
6. Milford
7. Sezer/Tyrone Roberts/Croft
8. Lodge (C)
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Seggy
15. Offa
16. Glenn
17. Flegler

I would have Justin Hodges and Corey Parker as coaching staff and while Seibold crunches the numbers and builds a game plan, those 2 are tasked with motivating or tearing the ass out of the team.
If we move Bird on and pay 500 of the 900 it clears up 400k for another player. I think Perese can step up into the centre spot.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.