The Fullback debate: Lets settle it.

Who should be the Fullback of the Brisbane Broncos?

• Ben Barba

Votes: 34 85.0%
  • Anthony Milford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Josh Hoffman

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Gerard Beale (lol)

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Okay, lets just assume for a second that the unceasing talk of us securing Barba and Milford is true. We will have a serious dilemma on our hands as to who will receive the number 1 next year. We'll have 3 great fullbacks all baying for their favorite position.

To me, as good as Hoffman and Milford are at fullback, Barba is the obvious choice. He won the Dally M in that position and is pretty much a game breaker from the backline. Don't fix what's not broken would be my motto.

It would be between Barba and Milford of course. Not too sure whether I'd prefer Barba's experience at the back or the halves. The better ball player needs to be the 5/8, and hopefully both Hunt and Macca are capable of organising the team, because I don't see either of those guys being able to do it...

If we get both, Barba Fullback, Milford Five-Eighth. If we only get one, then either to Fullback.

I think Barba should be first choice fullback.

More experienced, and probably still untried in the halves.

Milford is young, but at least he has some experience in the halves, and would probably be better for us there.

Assuming we get Barba and Milford, Barba will go to fullback and Milford will go into the halves and partner Ben Hunt pushing Hoffman back to the wing.

Barba fullback, Milford 5/8, Hunt 7, 9. Macca 14. Baptise/Granville

Hoffman is sufficient at the back absent anyone better.

For mine, assuming we get both, Barba is the better choice - his abilities in broken play, support play and what I think good defence makes him the 1st choice.

From memory, he can kick as well

1: Barba
2: Hoffman
3: Reed
4: Hodges
5: Oates
6: Milford
7: Hunt

Make it happen

Barba FB, Milford 5/8th IMO.

TBH, those aren't our only selection concerns I think. Copley, Kahu and hopefully JYY will be fit and ready to go next season. Hoffman gets one of the wing spots obviously (although I believe his future lies in the centres). Who gets the other Wing position? Injuries not being considered obviously. Copley, Kahu, JYY or Oates? Depends how he comes back, but I thought Copley was quite impressive at the end of last season. Oates is still young and playing out of position currently. JYY will have lost a heap of pace I think and I don't think he'll be cut out for the wing anymore. Kahu or Copley IMO

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • LittleDavey
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • Dazza 92
  • Fozz
  • The Don
  • Brocko
  • Kev_Guz
  • Browny
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • kman
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Turky Murky
  • Mustafur
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.