The Fullback debate: Lets settle it.

Who should be the Fullback of the Brisbane Broncos?

• Ben Barba

Votes: 34 85.0%
  • Anthony Milford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Josh Hoffman

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Gerard Beale (lol)

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
Hodges for fullback! Give him a glorious swansong by letting him tear things up from the back, shortly followed by snapping his hamstring

Barba at fullback is a no brainer IMO. Milford hasn't done much at fullback yet and could easily develop into a half. Hoffman has been so good on the wing I hope we can keep him there.

The only issue with this spine is that unless hunt really steps up his long kicking game ours will suck. Making the forwards have to work that much harder.

The only issue with this spine is that unless hunt really steps up his long kicking game ours will suck. Making the forwards have to work that much harder.

Just get Parker kicking it! That punt in Origin was massive, it completely turned Dugan around.

I would imagine that Barba and Milford can kick. Not sure of the quality of their kicking game but it would be something they can work on. I think we would need Macca to do a lot more kicking from dummy half though.

As much as I think Milford is a fullback, if we sign both he might as well get first shot at the halves. Then halfway through the season if he's struggling there, switch him and Barba around. Either way, the season is going to be a massive test for the halves. Ben Hunt has had 1 great game in the halves in about 10 appearances there, we still don't know how good he'll end up being overall. Even Sandow has had some good games every now and then. And neither Barba or Milford particularly have great playmaking skills (though the same can be said for Wallace and Grandpa Scott).

Hopefully McCullough finally wakes up and helps out, or I'd be getting rid of him after next season.

Yep ...not impressed with Hunt's long kicks at all. Needs to work on these big time.....

I'm happy with what I've seen of Hoffges at Fullback, so if worse comes to worse and we don't get Milford or Barba we have a good option already.

U
Barba fullback, Milford 5/8, Hunt 7, 9. Macca 14. Baptise/Granville

Highly doubt Baptiste will be around next year, Granville possibly but both would be better served to go elsewhere, it might boost their careers getting away from Hooks simplistic selections and methods.

It doesn't sound like anyone's keen for Wallace to be the 14! In his last two games off the bench, he's completely stunted the attack and let the other team back into the contest when we were in control, especially against the Cowboys.

Last edited:
I voted for Barba but I don't see him coming to the Broncos next season. Feels too much like the DCE saga and will end with the Dogs offering him a heap of cash and cheap flights to see the kids.

I voted for Barba but I don't see him coming to the Broncos next season. Feels too much like the DCE saga and will end with the Dogs offering him a heap of cash and cheap flights to see the kids.

My thoughts, given the speculation pretending to be fact. The Milford thread is a real hoot!

Perhaps we just might end up with them both in 2014 if we pay out their contracts, or 2015 if nature runs its course, which, of course, in NRL never happens

And that's a fact

Barba will be our fullback. Him and his family are doing well together and are moving to Brisbane.

The more I watch replays, the more I am convinced that THE full back is Inglis then daylight. Slater, Milford and Barba all included.

The more I watch replays, the more I am convinced that THE full back is Inglis then daylight. Slater, Milford and Barba all included.

Has been for some time. I do wonder what would have happened if he had come to the Broncos. Would Griffin have had the balls to shift him to FB? Bearing in mind he would have been signed as a centre. If we sign Inglis there's no Jack Reed and either Hoffman or Norman is our FB IMO. Whilst still a quality line up, we'd likely never get to see Greg in his preferred position.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Socnorb
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Tmac
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
  • Cavalo
  • Organix
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • Aldo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Gaz
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.