The Gambling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vogstar90 said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":13ql6qg6]I like Cronulla for tonight to cause an upset and would be keen to take the margin against Manly but I have punted for the w/e and won so am not going to re-enter the fray again.

Why the hell don't I listen to myself I must have said yeah I'm gonna go put something on the Sharks 10 times yesterday...but no I'm a tool [icon_non
Hahaha, are you the guy that says they are gonna do it but never get around to it? Well tell me what is a good upset for next week and I will bet on behalf of you.[/quote:13ql6qg6]

Well normally I am pretty good but had such a good night on Friday that I decided I should just enjoy the rest of the games regardless of any 'good bets' I see. Very silly because I felt certain the Sharkies would get them and I will have a punt 9/10 in that situation. But yeah, I will give you a tip for next week once the teams are out....no doubt it will be shite because I will have a go on it myself. [icon_lol1.

Taken a punt on the Storm to lead at HT tonight by 1-8pts ($3.50). Olympic games never have that many points in them and I feel the Storm may struggle to put their opposition away tonight. Small spec on Slater for first try too ($13).

Leo said:
Taken a punt on the Storm to lead at HT tonight by 1-8pts ($3.50). Olympic games never have that many points in them and I feel the Storm may struggle to put their opposition away tonight. Small spec on Slater for first try too ($13).

Fair point except this one is at the Dome mate [icon_wink

Leo said:

I hope for your sake you took that bet.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Leo said:

I hope for your sake you took that bet.

Yeah, was just a small spec ($10) though. Not a bad way to end the weekend though (though technically I have had a couple of even smaller specs in the Brum game)

The Titans are $2.20 outsiders on a head-to-head basis against the Dragons this week. Lunacy.

For those "pro" punters who don't mind a big bite on something with small odds, however, a BIG outlay should be put on the Titans getting a 12.5 point start. The odds are $1.31 - around 4 times bank interest and one would think it's a given.

Sure, the Tits were poor travellers last year and teams can flop after a big win in round 1, but I can't even see where the Dragons will get 12 points from, let alone win by more than that if they happen to pull off a victory.

Good odds for the Broncos ($2.10, vs Roosters), Canberra ($2.35, vs. Penrith) and Souths ($2.00, vs. the Dogs) too. Tie them in with the Titans to win ($2.20) and there's a tasty little multi there.

Bulldogs and Broncos both look strong bets to me at odds close to evens on the Dogs ($1.98) and $2.36 for Brisbane. I have also taken a couple of small specs on a David Stagg First Try ($36) and Merritt Last Try ($11). Slightly larger spec on Sam Thaiday to get the Channel 9 MOTM @ $26. With Parker and Clinton out this is a great stage for Thaiday to step up and play a blinder. Cowboys highest scoring team @ $4.75 also looks like a strong play, with the Panthers v Raiders game probably the biggest danger.

Outside of football look for a big upset in Formula 1 qualifying with a possible Mark Webber pole position ($81)

Leo said:
Outside of football look for a big upset in Formula 1 qualifying with a possible Mark Webber pole position ($81)

If that's Webber driving into a pole, that sounds like a damn certainty [icon_evillaugh

$10 on Boyd/Broncos 1-12 tommorow night.

Haven't thought of any other others for the weekend yet.

Placing $80 on the Titans to beat the Dragons odds are at $2.20

Vogstar90 said:

i am really surprised that the dragons are favourites after last weeks games.

bfoord said:
Vogstar90 said:

i am really surprised that the dragons are favourites after last weeks games.
Most likely because people expect them to bounce back from a less than average game last weekend.

Leo said:
Bulldogs and Broncos both look strong bets to me at odds close to evens on the Dogs ($1.98) and $2.36 for Brisbane. I have also taken a couple of small specs on a David Stagg First Try ($36) and Merritt Last Try ($11). Slightly larger spec on Sam Thaiday to get the Channel 9 MOTM @ $26. With Parker and Clinton out this is a great stage for Thaiday to step up and play a blinder. Cowboys highest scoring team @ $4.75 also looks like a strong play, with the Panthers v Raiders game probably the biggest danger.

Good start here "Leo", Broncos @ $2.36 and Stagg at $36. Shame didn't back Stagg elsewhere [icon_wink

Had $15 on Broncos 1-12 at $3.90 and $10 on Broncos, Bulldogs multi @ 4.54. :)

P.s i hope you backed that Stagg first try there Leo :)

mal said:
Had $15 on Broncos 1-12 at $3.90 and $10 on Broncos, Bulldogs multi @ 4.54. :)

P.s i hope you backed that Stagg first try there Leo :)

I did icon_thumbs_u Took advantage of Sportingbet's offer nicely too (they offer a 25% payout bonus on all Friday Night First Try-Scorers). Not quite sure in what capacity I'd have been able to do it elsewhere though Russo. It's hardly the thing of Assaults or Panthers.

I think your Tottenham are in for a win tonight too. Got a pretty strong record against Portsmouth and the 3-1 win @ $19 isn't too bad.

Some strange odds going on this weekend - thought I'd put them in a Multi. Raiders, Newcastle, Tigers and Gold Coast .

Also seperate bets on Watmough/Manly (1-12) and Quinn/Melbourne 13+.

Small specs on a Todd Carney first and last try at $17. Looking for a big cowboys score tonight in the other game of note.

Leo said:
Small specs on a Todd Carney first and last try at $17. Looking for a big cowboys score tonight in the other game of note.

Zillman and you know it. [icon_razz1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • Thelmus
  • johnny plath
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.