OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

This milf declining Lockyers help was like 5 years ago. Maybe he should ask again?
I'm not sure it's actually needed. Milf really added to his game in 2018 and is our best kicking option by a country mile, that was either with Lockyer's help away from any reporter's cameras, or whoever else it was really helped him step up a level.

I'm not sure it's actually needed. Milf really added to his game in 2018 and is our best kicking option by a country mile, that was either with Lockyer's help away from any reporter's cameras, or whoever else it was really helped him step up a level.
If he's our best kicking option we are doomed

Based on what?
He has good technique and the best distance kicking game of anyone in the side but he lacks real vision to utilise it to its full potential(and IMO this is something he could have learnt from Lockyer), too frequently looking to go to the bomb which often results in an easy turnover(I'll be fair he isn't entirely blame our chase game needs to improve but still I think it's predictable on his part), not looking to kick for our wingers enough or not looking to slow the game down and give the forwards a breather by finding touch. I don't agree we are doomed, but we definitely need to improve our kicking game in general.

Last edited:
He has good technique and the best distance kicking game of anyone in the side but he lacks real vision to utilise it to its full potential(and IMO this is something he could have learnt from Lockyer), too frequently looking to go to the bomb which often results in an easy turnover(I'll be fair he isn't entirely blame our chase game needs to improve but still I think it's predictable on his part), not looking to kick for our wingers enough or not looking to slow the game down and give the forwards a breather by finding touch. I don't agree we are doomed, but we definitely need to improve our kicking game in general.
There's definitely scope for improvement, both from Milford (vision, technique, game management etc) and moreso from the team (field position, faster play the ball before kicks, better service, blockers, kick chase etc), just I don't buy into the doom and gloom Milford sucks and he's fat and no good and peaked in 2013 and sucks and he's really a fullback and wouldn't learn from Lockyer so we should send him packing yesterday if not sooner type posting. Having him work with whoever he had previously would be good, or with someone different, what ever gets the job done. Dearden should get some kicking training too, having more than one kicker on the field would help split the defence so they can't all just charge at Milf after our slow play the ball. How good a long kicker is Harry Grant?

Has he got a kicking game beside the odd torpedo
Yes. Did you start watching the Broncos this year?

Actually even this year he showed bits of it, if not for a cruel bounce he'd have kicked the first 20/40 under the new rule.

Last edited:
Has he got a kicking game beside the odd torpedo

Milford has ALL the kicking skills, and as good as or better than anyone. His vision and tactical kicking dropped because of the Seibold effect, like the rest of the bloody team. Have you not seen his short kicking game, his cross kicks to wingers? He needs a good coach and a good game plan. Against the Dogs this year (from my imperfect memory) he controlled the game with his kicking. People seem to have memory's more imperfect than mine. Now, where was I ...

Last edited:
Yeah
Yes. Did you start watching the Broncos this year?

Actually even this year he showed bits of it, if not for a cruel bounce he'd have kicked the first 20/40 under the new rule.
Since 88 actually.
Wow one kick out of a season....do gon though....

Milford has ALL the kicking skills, and as good as or better than anyone. His vision and tactical kicking dropped because of the Seibold effect, like the rest of the bloody team. Have you not seen his short kicking game, his cross kicks to wingers? He needs a good coach and a good game plan. Against the Dogs this year (from my imperfect memory) he controlled the game with his kicking. People seem to have memory's more imperfect than mine. Now, where was I ...
As good or better than anyone!!! This is just an observation but all the top teams have a good kicking game ...i wouldnt rate milfords kicking game better than any of them

As good or better than anyone!!! This is just an observation but all the top teams have a good kicking game ...i wouldnt rate milfords kicking game better than any of them

Maybe you haven't watched enough footie?

If they go ahead with the new rules then kicking to the sideline isn't really going to be a good tactic anymore though.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Rookie Alan
  • Alec
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • something
  • Financeguy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.