The Minor Premiership - Do we care?

As thread title

• Yes go for it, no mercy

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Nah, the big dance is the goal

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
Manly are actually giving Penrith a run for their money tonight, so now it begs the question. If they drop a game or two and we suddenly enter the frame, do we go for the minor? Or just say **** it and start resting players when the top 2 is assured?

I'm conflicted. On one hand we haven't been minor premiers in well over a decade. It would be a nice feeling, especially for Kevvie. On the other hand, it's the B tier achievement. The Provan Summons is the real prize, and any advantage that can get us closer to that trophy should be what our priority is.
Listening to Kevvie in an interview, it doesn't sound like we'll be resting anyone for the final rounds anyway (we have a bye and the origin players have all rested already).

So might as well keep winning and see what happens.

Yeah exactly that. The MP means **** all at the end of the day.
I would say the better question is, how did the teams that rested players fare in the finals? Is there a correlation in ending up in/winning the GF? Or does it impact momentum?

Unless there is someone really banged up that could benefit from no contact, play your best team. Injuries can happen at any point so no point cotton wooling players.

Its sort of the equivalent of MTV movie award best kiss winner Tobey Maguire.

I'll take one minor premiership please. Without origin they would be the most accurate measure of who the best team is. It's important to ALWAYS be competing and in the conversation for the minor premiership, that means fans and players are having a good time.

Even with origin I think they are a more accurate reflection on the best team of the season over a Grand Final winner.

I wouldn’t have wanted it but if it gives us an opportunity to trash the cheat grubs in straight sets back to back weeks @Suncorp, heck yeah. Fook them hard.

Can anyone name the grand final winners for every year for the last 20 years?

Can anyone name the minor premiers for every year for the last 20 years?

Yes and yes.

Its sort of the equivalent of MTV movie award best kiss winner Tobey Maguire.
Tobey maguire intense crying ae3a1u5m3dodxzn3

Yes, a minor premiership is a milestone achievement. Even nicer to take the double.

Yeah I don't agree with resting players. Those combinations need to continue to fire until GF day. We have a bye which is our rest. We can give our big middles some lighter games like last night leading into the finals but ultimately we want to ensure our team is on song for finals

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Rambstien
  • mieko
  • Gaz
  • johnny plath
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.