NEWS The secret clause Darius Boyd must trigger to extend his Broncos contract

When is this announcement supposed to actually happen?

Perhaps after we win over Souffs this Friday and set the stage for game against Eels as send off home game for Boyd?

Nah, this announcement won't be happening until the first Friday after our elimination

When is this announcement supposed to actually happen?
At the end of the 2017 season.

Nah, poor ol’ Darius, credit where it’s due; he hasn’t been awful the last few weeks.

Last edited:
Darius just needs to be honest with himself and retire or send him to QCup next year if he insists on playing on.

Boyd isn't an attention seeker so I'd say he won't be drawn into anything yet a bit like how nobody could really get much out of Cooper Cronk when he got pushed on his retirement plans.

Maybe after the Souths game would be the perfect time with Wayne at the grounds.

Nah, this announcement won't be happening until the first Friday after our elimination

Umm, so it’s decided by NRL that we get knocked out in first week of finals & no miracles(like Cowgirls had in 2017)? Not amusing. 🙄.

Also, don’t Boyd want a proper send off at Suncorp? I reckon he deserves that (ONLY if he decides to retire this year though).

I almost cry in my sleep when I think about the way Parker was still close to the top of his game when he got the tap on the shoulder, then I think about how Boyd is half the player he was and that’s with still 2 years to run on his contract.

I will be surprised if he survives next year if he doesn’t pull the pin after this season

If he retires good on him. I will stand in applause for his service to QLD, Australia and the Broncos. Our last standing premiership winning player. He has really done it all in the game and in the process conquered some demons.

If he does stay on I will look on with scepticism. Silently hoping he proves every last one of us wrong.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.